“Great Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Boxmeer, The Netherlands
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great hotel perfect location and very kind and helpfull staff especially when you book trips. You get an excellent explenation of what trip you want to make and what the differentes are in prices. The welcome drink during waiting for our room was also very good!

This thanks to Mr. Dragon

• Stayed September 2013
Owner H, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Mr Vincent,

We would like to say thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We would be very happy to see you again on a future trip to Hanoi.

All the best
Hanoi 3B Hotel team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have stayed here for 4 nights and took the Standard Double Room for $17. The room is cozy, clean and it has everything you need. The price of their soft drinks, water and beer is much cheaper compared to outside so feel free to consume it. The breakfast buffet is excellent and it's readily available from 6 am to 10 am. Their location is easy to find and it's in the heart of the Old Quarter, just ask for the free map and you can explore the district/market easily by foot. They also give you excellent advice on the best places you can go to and they can make the booking fast and easy in the most reasonable price. I really love their staffs as they are always cheerful, friendly and polite. I would definitely recommend this to all of my friends and fellow travelers. Cheers!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenneth M
Dear Mr Kenneth,

I am truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel in Tripadvisor.com. And thank you also for your compliment that we are a fabulous hotel.

I am so glad that you have enjoyed our service and our staff are receptive and attentive to your every need and really make your stay a memorable.

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,
Management of Hanoi 3B Hotel
Bondi, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Have just finished 3 nights here. Great central location, excellent customer service from all staff, changed rooms no problem so we could get better wi fi after first night. Eventually booked our bus tickets through to Saigon here because of the competitive pricing and how great the hotel was and we had already done most of our sightseeing trips. Breakfast was fine, not 5 stars, but for the price paid via agoda we were very happy. Steady flow of people through here, suggest you book in advance although if booked out they can assist with a sister hotel. No hesitation in returning to this hotel if I can ever get back to Hanoi which was an amazing city with lots of partying going on.. If u can get a room on the higher floors (6) they are a bit lighter. Elevator so no problematic stair climbs.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Terry2004_11
Dear Mr Terry,

It was our great pleasure to have you as our guest and I am most delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

Thank you for recognizing our effort and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. I got a Superior Single room for US$ 18 a night, and during that time they had a promo which included free airport pick-up.

The hotel is well located in the Old Quarter, Ma May to be exact which is sort of a backpacker area with restaurants and bars catering to foreigners. The main thoroughfare in Hang Dac (start of the night market and busiest part of the Old Quarter) is a 5 walk. Hoan Kiem Lake is an 8 minute walk and the French Quarter is a good 20 minute walk.

The rooms are brand new with sufficient space, spotlessly clean, well designed and with excellent furniture. All the basic amenities are present like a ref, complete toiletries, hanger, flatscreen tv, split level aircon, blow dryer and slippers. There's also an elevator and daily house keeping.

Oh, I failed to mention that buffet breakfast and free wifi are included. Breakfast is somewhat good with a decent spread. There's also a computer in the lobby freely available.

Then there's the excellent staff. EVERYONE is polite, professional and always eager to help. They A) helped me buy a local sim card B) recommended great places to eat, C) helped me get good rates to exchange currency D) gave useful tips and maps E) called reliable, safe, metered taxis. They also have good PR, always checking out how my day went and making small chit-chats. There's even a free dinner on Sundays for guests but I wasn't able to go.

I say almost perfect because the only thing I didn't like were the showers. The heating machine they use is kind of old and was a little difficult to operate. The water pressure is weak and the shower bidet was positioned low and you had to bow your head if you are 5"6 and above.

Overall, this tiny flaw can't discredit the fact that Hanoi 3B is the cheapest place I've stayed in but also, is easily one of the best. I recommend this to anyone for insanely great value for money.

For more information check out http://arma1n.blogspot.com

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr Arma,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at a single room at usd 13, with breakfast included. Room was not big, but had everything needed, and was clean. Breakfast was good, and serving hot. The location is perfect for exploring the old quarter, just one, two steps to hang bac street and many nice restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful, always greeting me with a smile. The lady at the reception, ms phuong i guess, was very good explaining what's around the area. I'll recommend this hotel to everybody staying in hanoi!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Ms Chan Karen ,

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stay at this hotel for 2 nights recently,very wonderful days~Thanks a lot for arrangements by Dragon. 1 good location (in old town) , go around just by walk; 2 good service, nice breakfast and fair airport pick-up and drop-off; 3 good One day Halong Bay trip, they help to choose a good travel agency services with reasonable price. by the way,Higher floor, a little quieter, 5 layer on the back side of the room was very quiet.

Room Tip: Higher floor, a little quieter, 5 layer on the back side of the room was very quiet. no swimming poo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms Laney Wang,

I am looking forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,
Management of Hanoi 3B Hotel
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I recently stayed at the 3B and could not have been more pleased! The staff is the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel I have ever stayed in.I stayed in multiple rooms as I was in and out of Hanoi. The rooms were all clean and comfortable. I found the street noise to be negligible...but I wake early anyway.
WiFi and a good breakfast is included in the price, which I found to be very reasonable. The location is great, right in the middle of the tourist area of the Old Quarter, near lots of restaurants and shops.
Especially helpful was Ms Phuong, helping me book tours, giving great deals on my rooms and smiling always!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr Gary,

We would be very happy to see you again on a future trip to Hanoi.

All the best