“Lives up to the name "friendly"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Friendly Hotel & Travel

Friendly Hotel & Travel
Friendly Hotel & Travel
Ranked #103 of 566 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Lives up to the name "friendly"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed two nights at the hotel, before leaving to Halong bay (trough another company). The rooms are fine, big, hot water, tv and everything you need. The bathroom had toothbrushes, shampoo and soap.

When I came back from Halong bay I went back to stay two more nights. I told the receptionist I wanted to buy a motorbike, and he drove me to a company and helped me picked one. The ATM close to the motorbike company did not work, so he lent me money to buy the motorbike. Then he helped me buy a raincoat, a jacket and so on.

I wanted to decorate my bike with stickers, so we bought stickers, then he sat up half the night helping me decorate my bike.

Then he gave me a great route to follow, and so far it's great!

I sprained my foot, so I had to go back to Hanoi. I went back to the hotel, and the receptionist felt my foot, and then he drove to the pharmacy (around midnight) to buy a "blanket" that would help, while I was waiting at the hotel.

Super friendly staff, almost to kind. Really helpful with anything. Just ask them, and they recommend, show or even take you there themselves. Helps you book plain tickets, bus tickets or whatever you need.

If you need to print out anything, feel free to use the computer in the reception.

Helpful, friendly and good value for your money.

Thank you Friendly Hotel for an awesome stay in Hanoi!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DBemer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Randolph, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just spent 2 months in Vietnam on my own, taking photos. I came across the Friendly Hotel & Travel in Hanoi. I had a very complicated itinerary and Tet made it even more difficult for me to plan it out. I was so lucky to meet Mr. Han Do!! I never met someone as helpful as he was to me. I spent over 7 hours with him , as he put together my itinerary in a clear logical order. I also needed a visa extension due to Tet, which he advised me about. He had all the facts in his head, and made me feel relaxed and confident!!! He took care of my #1 priority( Sapa and BacHa) with ease. I never met an agent who worked so hard for his client. All of this was done ,before I even stayed at his nice little Friendly Hotel. Han Do even called me at the various places he booked for me to see how I was doing!!! What a nice gesture. If you are planning a trip to Vietnam in the near future, forget about travel books etc.! Go to see Mr. Han Do and put your mind at ease.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel, room was spacious and clean. The guys at reception were very friendly and welcoming always chatting with us. We booked two tours with Huy to Halong Bay and Sapa and enjoyed them both so much,we came back to Hanoi and stayed at the hotel another few nights.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emma m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend have had the most relaxing and enjoyable stay at this hotel. The manager is extremely helpful and friendly, he could not do enough for us. We checked in a little early after getting off the sleeper train, the room was lovely (one of the nicest we have stayed in to date in Vietnam), the bathroom was a little dated but the shower was powerful and plentiful. The manager had plenty of information about the area, ha long Bay and Sapa, so much so that our ha long Bay trip was booked through him. Looking online, the trip we have booked has received good reviews and so we await that trip. We will be staying here again on our return to Hanoi, if that doesn't speak volumes, I am not sure what does. A fantastic little budget hotel that I would highly recommend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rob S
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Chanced upon this hotel on the first night in Hanoi after terrible dinner experience around the same area (Great food but horribly loud and cramped environment). We were scouting for Halong Bay tour and popped into this place to enquire. Han did a great job at helping us find a cruise as many were rushing to get on one too after Typhoon Haiyan passed Vietnam. As we were worrying abt accomodation after coming bck fr Halong, Han offered us room at a much lower price than the place we were at. Han even offered to safekeep our luggages when we go for the Halong trip. Upon coming back we were warmly greeted by Han and his staff and given the key to our room. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The a/c, fan, water heater etc all worked beautifully. The advice and tips given were genuine and without biasness. Han booked a cab to the airport for us at a much cheaper rate compared to other quotations. He had even told off a lady selling sugar donuts on the streets for overcharging me! The warmth and hospitality is genuine and you will feel really comfortable here. Definitely heading back for 2nd rounds! Thanks guys for making our Hanoi experience a positive one! :D

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank LadyDeefyant
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and were very happy with the level of service we received. We haggled a bit on the price of the room, so we got quite a good rate. We then booked a trip to Halong bay through the hotel, which was quite good. Ensure to haggle if booking day tours, these guys are nice and friendly, but will overcharge you of they can.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank petergrimes
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night here and we're very happy. Extremely friendly manager and went out of his way to offer any help he could. We paid $10 and in return received a room with double bed, a/c, fan and hot water. It's a couple of blocks walk from the lake. I did enquire about larger rooms and he said they have them for $15-$20. I would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013