“Can't Be Beat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Family Homestay
Ranked #24 of 384 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Can't Be Beat”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The proprietors could not have been more welcoming or helpful to me. The rooms are fine, but you won't spend much time in your room anyway. You will be invited to family meals with other guests and for drinks outside while you watch the craftsmen in the bamboo district.

Clean, polite, friendly and above and beyond the usual hostel fare you might be tempted by.

Stay here - it's worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Huong and her family are so lovely and helpful. You're always welcome for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is always incredible. Also a great way to meet and share with other travellers and even locals. It's a small place, don't expect the luxuries you'd find at a hotel. That said, Huong will help you with any plans or bookings within Vietnam. The family and staff go above and beyond. Well worth the stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Parfume made us feel at home from the moment we met her. She's excellent in helping you to organize your trip. For breakfast, always prepared freshly, we had banana-pancake & after having finished our trip we can say "the best banana-pancake in Vietnam". So check it !!!

say "hello" to Parfume & her family
from Ellen, Andreas, Ines, Quirin & Lion

Room Tip: the room under the roof, we called it "Hanoi Heaven"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Huong and her entire family made you feel welcome the moment you arrived. This was definitely an "Above the Rim" experience.

I was blown away by the reception I received and the instant attention to every detail for my needs. I expressed a desire to go to Ha long Bay and my need to leave Vietnam by the 6th of April, etc. Within ten minutes she had arranged everything, including transport to the airport!! Every single concern I brought with me was gone within minutes and I could relax and enjoy the time in Hanoi. The tours she booked were PERFECT, best value, best boat, best staff, best food. Everything so extraordinary and at an amazingly great price. I have been travelling for nine months and meeting Huong and her family turned out to be among the top most extraordinary two days of my entire trip. Magnifique!!!!

Excellent area, close to everything. This is a Homestay, not a resort so you need to reset expectations - perfectly suitable budget accommodations for a night to several nights. I checked out and returned after the Ha Long Bay tour.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our stay with Huong and her lovely family was great . . . one of our trip highlights. The rooms are small and basic but they are clean and comfortable. That said, you don't stay here for the rooms (although they are perfectly fit for purpose), you stay here for: a warm and friendly atmosphere; great value for money; fantastic location in the Old Quarter; great local knowledge shared happily by Huong and the family; and a real taste of Ha Noi.

If you are looking for a friendly local place to stay in a great location in Ha Noi, look no further . . . this is the place for you. Thank you Huong and family for making our stay so enjoyable and absolutely unforgettable!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The family at Hanoi family home stay were so lovely and couldn't help us enough. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They even offered to pick us up from the bus station when we arrived! Breakfast was good too :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Huong (Perfume) and her family are really wonderful and were great hosts. The first night I stayed there on my own before one of my best friends was to fly in the next day. I was greeted warmly by Huong and Bihn (Perfume's husband) and immediately offered something to drink after my flight and the ride into the city. Their homestay is located smack dab in the middle of the Old Quarter of Hanoi, centrally located and in the thick of it. It was a great place to take in the culture and the vibe of the city. Once I was checked in, I met several other travelers and Perfume made us a wonderful dinner of authentic Vietnamese cuisine. You have to stay here just to taste her delicious cooking. She would always go out of her way to make you breakfast and if you are there for dinner or lunch, most of the time she'll make a meal then too. Her tofu with tomato sauce, spring rolls and her noodle soup are very yummy.

My friend and I stayed there for a total of 4 nights. They do have a pick up service but be sure to contact her to verify the pickup. I had a minor mixup with her when I flew in so I ended up taking a taxi to her place, but my friend had no problem finding her driver the next day.

The accommodations are basic but it's comfy and because Perfume and her family are a treat to know and stay with, it's really does bring the comforts of home. If you're a light sleeper, you might want to bring some earplugs since it's in the heart of the old quarter and lots of city sounds. Perfume was also kind enough to let us leave our backpacks there when we did our overnight in Bai Tu Long Bay at no extra charge.

I would definitely stay with them again simply for their warm welcome, great company and no doubt her food. Perfume goes over and beyond to make sure you have a great stay and she truly helped us experience what Hanoi and Vietnam had to offer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends