“Wonderful Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Family Homestay
Ranked #24 of 406 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Hanoi Family Homestay. Perfume and her family are lovely and welcoming- it truly was the perfect place to get to know Hanoi and explore the city and Old Quarter. The location, food, and value were all great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Family Homestay

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The friendliest welcome in Vietnam! Perfume works so hard to help you with everything you need, and has a permanent smile and giggle to go with it! We stayed for 2 nights and shared dinner with the family and other guests; there seemed to be an endless supply of beer (for which we were never charged!) Perfume helped us to get bus tickets to Cat Ba island as well as coming with us to the bus station to make sure we got the right bus and helping to carry our backpacks. We returned to Hanoi a week later to fly home and I'd emailed Perfume to see if we could have a room just for the afternoon, which we were happy to pay for. We left our luggage there for the day, used the room/showers/towels, and had dinner with the family again - when we came to get our taxi for the airport, Perfume would not lets us pay for anything except the taxi!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The best pancakes ! Don't miss them for breakfast !! Very welcoming, we shared their dinner which was excellent ! The room itself is basic, but for the price it is good value. Always something to see in the bambou street, in the old quater of hanoi. The owner even brought us to the train station carrying my bag all the way ! My heavy backpack !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you want to see Hanoi life in the old town at its best, this is the place for you. What this homestay gives you is something you don't get from hotels, or any other homestay in our experience, and that is that warm welcoming feeling like you get when you go to see your mum! What this place may lack in amieneties it more than makes up for in hospitality. Huong(Perfume) is a concierge/chef/mother/friend all rolled into one. Nothing is to much trouble. Embrace the experience of staying here, eat, people watch, chat, relax, we guarantee it will be one the most memorable places you stay in Asia!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This tiny homestay is conveniently located in the Old Town, in a street of bamboo craftsmen, next to a Bia Hoi place. I could basically walk everywhere from here. The rooms are clean and sufficient. Most importantly, though, Huong and her family were extremely friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. When I arrived, there was no room since some guests hadn't checked out, so Huong immediately organised a nice room in a nearby hotel for me for the same price and I moved to the homestay the next day. The hot pot dinner I was invited to out on the street that next day was fantastic and a wonderful experience. I really enjoyed staying here and will again the next time I come to Hanoi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I recently returned to Washington State from a one month visit to North Vietnam and Thailand. I used the Hanoi Family Homestay as the home-base for my 2 ½ weeks of travel in Vietnam. What a superb decision this turned out to be! Internet communications with the Homestay were easy and, most importantly, follow-through on agreed upon details was consistently reliable and complete.

As this was my first visit to Vietnam, my plan was to visit Hanoi, its immediate environs, and travel the countryside areas to the west and north of Hanoi. My hosts at the homestay, Huong and Binh, did everything possible to support my travels. This included airport pickups and drop-offs; babysitting luggage as I traveled; offering local and regional sightseeing guidance; providing comfortable accommodations; preparing incredibly delicious meals; and providing excellent guide services if/as needed.

The Hanoi Family Homestay was truly a “home away from home” and I particularly enjoyed my meals and conversations with the numerable guests and local residents who make the homestay a place to visit. Huong is the consummate host, anticipating your every need, and doing her utmost to make your visit comfortable.

I had a wonderful time engaging Binh as guide and driver on a memorable five-day motorbike tour of the countryside and tribal areas to the north of Hanoi, including Sapa and Bac Ha. Binh interacts extremely well with everyone he encounters, provides interesting local cultural insights, and performs his tasks as a guide in a thorough, conscientious, and safe manner. On top of that, he is a great travel companion!

If you are traveling to Hanoi and wish to focus on the cultural experience of Vietnam, I would recommend that you enlist Huong and Binh as your hosts, let them manage as many of the logistical details of travel as possible, and sit back and enjoy the incredible beauty and richness of Hanoi and its surrounding countryside with all of its diversions and colors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The proprietors could not have been more welcoming or helpful to me. The rooms are fine, but you won't spend much time in your room anyway. You will be invited to family meals with other guests and for drinks outside while you watch the craftsmen in the bamboo district.

Clean, polite, friendly and above and beyond the usual hostel fare you might be tempted by.

Stay here - it's worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo