“Fantastic”

JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #40 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I just spent 2 nights at this hotel. I travel regularly for business and think this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. I normally can't be bothered to write a review but the staff at this hotel deserve a few minutes of my time, they all seem genuinely happy and proud to work there. Fantastic modern rooms, peaceful surroundings, some reviewers say this hotel is not in the city center which is true but the taxi ride to downtown is no hassle - about 30-40 minutes costing only USD7, and we never waited longer than 5 minutes for a taxi each way. The hotel provide a shuttle service but it's just as easy to take a taxi in my opinion. Well trained staff throughout the hotel but one person stood out for me - the lady "Emerald" was one of the best concierge i have dealt with. I had no idea where to go for some sightseeing and she took the time to explain all the options and gave me a great map as well (the free Marriott map of Hanoi available at the front desk was very useful). Emerald also advised which marking/color of taxi company to use as they always use meters (white color with a red stripe) and so we had no problems - they even accept credit cards which I wasn't expecting in Hanoi. Try the fresh Vietnamese prawn spring rolls in the cafe - delicious, the waitress made them at our table with a smile, she was also great (forgot her name, she wears dark rimmed glasses). Truly a 5 star experience which I'll be recommending to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Notanutter,

What a great review and I am very happy to hear that your visit was such an enjoyment! I appreciate your positive comments on your experience and in partciicular the interaction and hospitality you received from Emerald. She is surely a star performer and really enjoys meeting and engaging with our customers.

Glad also that you found our distance to downtown not to be a hassle. Along with readily available taxi service we have implemented a shuttle service, which makes it easy to visit the old quarter of Hanoi and yet return to a quite and serene hotel for relaxing.

I trust your travels will bring you back to Hanoi, where i hope we will again make for a great place to stay!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Hanoi on business and I decided to stay at the JW Marriott. What a great experience from top to bottom. I initially went to the wrong entrance to check in and a staff person escorted me and handled my luggage to the proper location on the property. This was the beginning of one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The property itself was beautifully designed and decorated. The room was super spacious and comfortable. Every staff person I came in contact with was both extremely courteous and spoke English. Even the housekeeping staff engaged me in conversation to make sure I had everything I needed and if there was anything else I needed. It was clear to me that they understood the concept of service to the guests. The only drawback is that the hotel is a distance from the center of Hanoi. It's a good 30 minute drive on a good day. I can't wait to make my next trip to Hanoi and stay at this wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Kenneth W

Dear Kenneth W,

Thank you very much for the outstanding reveiw you shared regarding your recent visit to our new JW Marriott Hanoi! Our design is certainly awe inspiring and I am glad that you were impressed with our design and unique architecural elements.

I am also very happy to hear that our staff throughout the hotel engaged with you and were gracious in thier interactions; we set out from the begining to have a team of asscoiates that would bring our hotel to life and they have just done that since our opening! I will certainly share your wonderful comments with them all.

Kenneth, thanks again for sharing your experience and I will look forward to meeting you during your next visit. Please let me know when you will be returning!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed at the Hanoi Marriott, lovely hotel, staff could not have been more helpful. our room was amazing. the service was great but Hanoi has really grown since I was last there and where the hotel is located is about a 25 minute drive from the markets and the downtown area.
its a beautiful hotel that I would stay in again but it is a bit of a hike from town.

Room Tip: I think they are all good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan P

Dera Dan P,

Thanks for the great sharing of your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi! I appreciate the comments on our design and guestroom, as well as our staff''s,engagement with you. We are, as you noted, outside of the downtown centre, and we have provided shuttle service to our guests as an alternative means of visiting the downtown centre!

Dan P I hope that you will have an opportunity to be back with us soon!

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at the JW for four nights in Feb. 2014 and must say the hotel went out of their way to please. The rooms were spacious and immaculate. Beds were very comfortable. The facility was aesthetically pleasing and the staff was professional and friendly. The gym had a decent selection of equipment and had a great view. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel and the quality and variety of the food was very good. Overall an excellent hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank rcyeadon
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear rcyeadon,

Great to hear the expereicne of your recent stay at our JW Marriott Hanoi!

I appreciate the great comments on our design, product and staff. I have shared your compliments on the food offerings to our culinary team, which they appreciated greatly.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you back again with us soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here as a stop over for a night. Totally regret that we did not have enough time to spend here....Ultra modern ultra chic Hotel. One of the best places I have stayed at. marvelous n luxurious rooms.
Extra helpful staff and concierge. Lovely indoor pool and Gym. Spend time just here and its worth a holiday.
Only drawback is the distance to the city and from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sameerreddy
JWMarriottHanoiTeam, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Sameerreddy,

Sorry to hear that you were only able to spend one night at our JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am very pleased that you were impressed with our iconic, contemporary design and all of the wonderful amenities we provide in our oversized in our guestrooms. The 8th floor, our "wellness" floor is a special attraction, with the indoor pool, featuring 300degree views of the city and fully equiped fitness center and Spa by JW.

Our staff, it appears were able to share thier passion for their work and I will share your comments with them!

I trust that you will indeed be able to return soon for an extended holiday!

Please let me know should I be of assistance in arranging for that Holiday Stay!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This JW Marriott is new in Hanoi, so I decided to check it out for my next stay in Hanoi. And I was overwhelmed; the service of the staff and the quality of the food is excellent. The Hotel facilitates different F&B outlets so enough choice when you stay multiple days. I can recommend the "French Grill" which I think is the best "fine-dining" restaurant in Hanoi.
Also for relaxation this hotel has many choices. An amazing indoor rooftop pool overlooking the city, a state of the art gym and different sauna's to steam off.
All together a great Hotel to stay in when traveling to Hanoi. (business and pleasure)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PimG76

Dear PimG76,

What a great review you have shared about your experience in our JW Marriott Hanoi!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our "wellness floor" in the largest indoor pool in Hanoi! Seems you had the chance to use our fitness center and relaxed in our Spa by JW.

Your comments on our French Grill are humbling, but certainly tells us we are heading in the right direction, to becoming a true destination for an outstanding dining experience in Hanoi!

I have shared your comments with my entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to see you back soon!

Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My colleagues and I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is very new and modern elegance. A bit distance from city but not too bad. The staffs were nice and friendly. The room is very spacious, big and cozy bathroom(love it). The bed is a little bit harder than the usual Marriott i stayed.

We stayed on the 6th floor. 614-616-618, The room is spacious, bathroom is cozy as well. The bed is a little bit harder than another Marriott I had stayed. The turn-down service is just a tidy up your room. But there was a Karaoke restaurant on the street played the very loud music you can hear the beat even on the 6th floor. They played until 11pm. So,if you need to wake up so early like us. Ask for another side then.

Good variety of breakfast, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Western. Freshly squeeze juices. Very friendly staff. But the muffin was to thick. It's not fluffy like muffin should be.

Overall I enjoyed my stayed here. Would love to come back again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pawarisa Lainey K

Dear Peungnoi,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to our JW Marriott Hanoi!

I am very sorry for the disturbance you encountered with the outdoor karaoke; we are working diligently to reduce the sound and I believe that we have this resolved shortly.

I appreciate your positive comments on our guestrooms and overall offerings in our JW Cafe. We will certainly look at our muffins and work to improve the quality and texture!

I trust that you and your associates will have an occassion to return to Hanoi when i hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person!

Please call on me should I be of assistance.