“Couldnt have asked for more :)”

Hanoi E Central Hotel
Ranked #14 of 595 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Nice location of hotel - easily accessible to various places by foot - clean and comfortable room although hotel is a small one - warm, helpful and friendly staff - could have facilities such as spa and pool - would recommend tourists who visit Hanoi to stay here

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Hanoi E Central Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights and immediately booked another 2 nights for our return to Hanoi. A very professionally run hotel, big comfortable bed, all very clean and new, efficient and friendly staff, located perfectly for the tourist. Very quiet at night. Excellent choices for breakfast. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor overlooking the street front and it was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed 3 nights and was very happy with my stay. The room was comfortable and clean and It was very convenient to have a laptop in the room. The staff were all friendly and helpful. There was a decent breakfast so I always had a good start to the day. The location is very convenient for the old quarter.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Hanoi Elegance Hotels are excellent - I stayed at Diamond and Emerald while in Hanoi. I was so impressed with my stay at their Diamond hotel that I wanted to book for when I returned to Hanoi. When they didn't have they type of room I wanted they were so accommodating about trying to find me the right room and ultimately booked me into the Emerald hotel (1 minute away). The management is shared and the service and customer care is exceptional at both hotels.
To start, the location is superb - prime old quarter, minutes walk from Hoam Kiem Lake, all of the markets, great bars & restaurants. I always felt safe walking around in the area.
The room was beautiful, clean and nicely furnished. I think it's a bit older than the Diamond, but very nice value.
The hotel staff and service was excellent - they always recognized me, asked where I was going, helped me before I even asked for help. Great English, extremely professional and friendly.
I would highly recommend this hotel and all of the Hanoi Elegance hotels!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Good location and the room was very nice. I didn't like a "stool" in the bathroom for my 49 year old body to balance on to get in and out of the bathtub that was very high from the tile floor. in the morning there is so limited tables, we had to stand waiting for 10 minutes before they said go 4 doors down to other partner hotel for breakfast. On checkout staff was rude as i lost my keycard to the room and insisted I pay 100,000 Dong as penalty. The penalty was not the anger but the fact that the reception staff and manager bartered about it first.

Room Tip: If older or do not have good balance, ask for room without step stool to bathtub.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Timmy T W
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A wonderful treat to stay at the Hanoi Elegance. I stayed in one of the big international hotels earlier in my visit to Hanoi but the rooms and service were not as nice as the Elegance. The staff at the Elegance is 5-star quality, worthy of a Four Seasons Hotel--they are terrific and made the stay even nicer. I was very impressed and highly recommend the Elegance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have just returned from a 2 week trip in Vietnam. I booked all of my tours,Halong Bay cruise and Sapa trip with just 3 emails to the staff at this hotel and was extremely impressed with their quick response. I would have given an "excellent" rating except for one thing. I stated in my original email that we wanted to go to Halong Bay,stay in Hanoi for a week and visit Sapa .I stated we "did not wish to trek/hike,but walking was OK." The following email included a suggestion of 4 days in Sapa with village tours,3 nights accommodation at the Sunny Mountain Hotel and a one night homestay with a local family.This was all the information we received about the Sapa trip. We agreed that it sounded fine and it was booked.
Once we reached Sapa our guide met us at the train station and we started our village tour of Cat Cat and the local market. In the afternoon our guide told us that tomorrow we begin our 12km trek to the home stay. We were not prepared-I did not have suitable trekking shoes,did not have a back pack and we are not the young.fit trekking type. The weather would determine which trail we would follow and the guide decided on the morning of the trek that it was fine enough to try the "small trail". Some parts were fine,some parts on a rocky road were walkable,but the small trail was terrible. So dangerous-of course no railings,fences,ropes. So steep in parts,muddy,slippery -I was so sure I would fall down the mountain and break my leg. It's such a remote area there would be no hope of survival if you had a medical emergency in these mountains. We finally made it in one piece to the homestay and were so exhausted that it was really impossible to take in the beautiful scenery surrounding us. The following day we told our guide we weren't prepared to do another trek like that,so we took a 3km short cut to a main road and were picked up by our driver. It took us quite a few days to recover.
I'm not sure how we came to be booked on this trek. I don't blame the trekking company Trails of the Mountain (separate review) A misunderstanding of my email ,and inadequate information given to us about the Sapa trip I would think. Tour manager at the Emerald-please pay more attention to what the tourists ask for and give more info about distances that must be trekked to reach the homestay if you are suggesting this to any future tourists.We would not have booked this part of the Sapa trip and would have enjoyed our time in Sapa MUCH more if it did not include a trek.
The Halong Bay cruise aboard the AU CO 1 was great-loved the food,view,cabin.staff. Everything was very impressive and we enjoyed it a lot.
All out transfers and pickups were organised well and The Emarald staff were very polite,helpful and friendly. Our room was modern,clean,great value for money,breakfast has lots of choice and was very tasty. Location is just a 5 min walk to the lake -great location close to Water Puppets show,Hoan Kiem Lake and temple and many streets full of shops. So I would highly recommend staying at this hotel-just be careful when using their tour services in case trekking is booked for you even if you state no trekking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple