“Great Stay”

Hanoi E Central Hotel
Ranked #15 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel (The elegance Emerald) was a little gem. Very well located and close to the old quarter. Very close to the Hanoi Elegance Diamond which had the spa and a great restaurant with a view. We had just come back from Singapore and stayed in a similarly sized room for triple the price so it was great value for money in my opinion. We did ask for a free upgrade (we were originally meant to stay at the Hanoi Elegance Ruby) but due to lack of availability did not get it. But i think it worked out for the best as this was really well located and we could walk to most things. The hotel arranged a driver for one day which was really good value for money and we got to see most of the sights in Hanoi. The staff were incredibly helpful and always trying to ensure that we were happy and comfortable. This was honestly a great little gem of a boutique hotel and will definitely recommend this to travelers.

Room Tip: I think ask for a free upgrade to a family suite if its available. Rooms was ok sized though but wou...
1  Thank SATraveller1504

Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you are looking on TripAdvisor for a nice hotel to stay in you will probably find this one as one of the higher rated, along the Ruby and the Diamond in the same boutique hotel chain, but not as highly rated.
Do not let that put you off! The only reason for this not being up there with the Ruby is that this is a new hotel in the same chain: I am sure it is equally great as the others.

The location is convenient, excellent wifi, staff were really friendly, the rooms are beautiful and very clean and the breakfast was delicious!

But it does not stop there. The staff want to make you as comfortable as possible and are always there to help you. They have a team there to help you make your experience in Vietnam one to remember.

We set up a tour to Sapa ourselves with friends who did not stay at the hotel, but they still send someone to help us exchange our train vouchers (at no charge) as English is limited at the station. In general they are happy to help you with information that is useful to non-Vietnamese speakers, like what taxis to trust.

We booked a 3day/2night cruise via them and when this was cancelled they made sure we could rebook it to a shorter cruise (as we had to leave soon after) and had some enjoyable extra time in Hanoi.

At all times I also found myself to be genuinely welcome. Not just as someone to make a profit from, but as a respected guest. I've not experienced that very often in hotels.

A note: when making a reservation I was asked to make a deposit (about a third of the total price I think, maybe a quarter) online. I did this and as far as I know my details are safe. Just noting it here as I wasn't sure about it, but in any case it went through fine for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elvagilth
Reviewed 3 August 2014

i stayed here with my family for 4 nights from 29 July to 2 August. We "transferred" here as there were no rooms in nearby Elegance Diamond (which was also an enjoyable stay). The rate for the family room was cheaper than the Elegance Diamond my view is the Emerald is just as good and better value for money.

Like the Diamond the frontline staff are excellent and very friendly. Staff such as Mr Kim Nguyen, Mr Long (the hotel manager), the two young ladies (with spectacles - I am sorry I forgot your names) and the young man working overnight who has the name "Receptionist" on his name badge merit special mention. I have never experienced such excellent service in any hotel before and this includes the five stars business class hotels I stay in big cities in Asia.

Staff happy to recommend good places to visit, eat around hotel and one of them even pointed out a street beer place located nearby which is popular with locals (general direction is two lefts from front of hotel). Booking of local taxis to restaurants were happily arranged via more reliable taxi operator. What impressed me was when we got back to hotel via taxi from a trip and taxi could not park in front of hotel. Staff (Mr Kim) came out to check if everything was okay. He told me that hotel had CCTV in front of hotel to ensure that guests had no issues with taxi drivers!.

We had an early flight home and had to leave before 6 am. Hotel staff arranged a takeaway breakfast for us in them morning as restaurant had not opened yet. What service!

The family is room in the Emerald slightly smaller than the Diamond but sufficient size for a family of four (with 2 young teens). Room is is clean and has all the amenities. The water pressure in shower could be better (but this is a small negative). The small restaurant on the ground floor serves buffet breakfast similar to the Diamond. For dinner or room service meals can be obtained from the very good restaurant in the penthouse of the nearby Diamond.

Yes, I will certainly stay here again if I visit Hanoi in the future. Like the Diamond it is located within walking distances of everything the Old Quarter and French Quarter can offer.

Tip: Try the local desert place which is on a main road on the right of the hotel. It is frequented by locals who sit in a small red plastic stools with a taller blue stool as a table. Has excellent jackfruit yogurt desert.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on higher floor. Room was quiet although facing street.
1  Thank BigDadd
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My daughter and two friends stayed at this hotel in the final days of our time in Hanoi before we travelled down south on our 3 week holiday in Vietnam. This is a fairly new hotel and has been operating as Hanoi Elegance for around 8 months but it is already on a par with many hotels of much longer standing and I believe is equal to any of the hotels that I have stayed in - smaller in size but not in any other way!! From the moment we walked through the front door we felt like we were "at home"- fantastic friendly staff gave us the most wonderful welcome and for our whole stay that never altered. The service was outstanding as was the accommodation and the front desk staff were not only incredibly informative and helpful but also went above and beyond the call of duty on our last day when they ensured we made it to our overnight train during an amazing thunderstorm which flooded the streets and looked like putting an end to our hopes of getting to the station on time! They not only provided us with ponchos but also a great bellboy who snaffled a taxi for us and escorted us to the station and ensured we not only went to the correct platform but also the correct train (our Vietnamese language skills are extremely limited).Cannot recommend this hotel more highly and would not hesitate to stay again on any return visits to Hanoi - truly a superb hotel. As an added bonus their sister Hotel - Hanoi Hotel Diamond where we stayed for the first two days of our trip was only four doors away and also a great place to stay with a fabulous rooftop restaurant and bar with fantastic views of the city - we spent many enjoyable hours there being looked after by more terrific staff. This hotel chain deserves to thrive and we hope it can continue giving visitors to Hanoi the best of hotel experiences.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diane O
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I want to thank all the staff at Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel and in particular our adopted daughter Hian (I hope I've spelt your name correctly) for looking after us and making us feel at home. We were to stay here originally for 2 days before going on to Halong Bay but due to a typhoon we had to change our plans and thanks to the staff who were at hand to give us advise they took all the pressure of us and were able to change our flights and our Halong Bay cruise whilst we were out adventuring Hanoi. They kept our luggage for free whilst we went on the cruise and had put them back in the room on our arrival back to the hotel. When we left they stood on the pavement and waved us off - what a personal touch. I also have to mention the Gourmet Corner Restaurant which is situated on the 12 floor of the sister Hotel which is only a few doors down. The food here is AMAZING and the staff again especially Sabrina and Samuel made our experience memorable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who's thinking of going to Hanoi and if you do please say Hi to Hian (our adopted daughter) x

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is an excellent Hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful, friendly and ensured our stay in Hanoi was a wonderful experience. Not only did they arrange our Halong Bay trip, but they were able to store our luggage and allowed us the use of a shower in between trips. We were made feel right at home and we quickly learnt that nothing was to much trouble and everyone was there to make our trip a first class experience - and it was! Our rooms were incredibly clean & comfortable, breakfast was fantastic. Everything was great. This Hotel ticks all the boxes for price, location, cleanliness and service. Well done to all the staff at the Hanoi Elegance Emerald Hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a cute little boutique hotel with the most amazing staff!

All of the staff quickly learned our names and knew the itinerary of our travels while in Hanoi. They were friendly, chatty and helpful in making our staff and time in Hanoi a memorable one. The staff went above and beyond and went to purchase tickets for us for the water puppet show after we returned not being able to find it.

Another great recommendation that one of the staff members suggested to us was to do the street food tour (AMAZING!). After talking with us for awhile and learning our interests, she recommended that we might like to do this and when we decided that yes we would, she quickly set it up for that evening.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a great, clean place and the people who work there will make your visit memorable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends