“Nice enough hotel, poor location and service.”

May de ville City Centre II
Ranked #190 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Seattle, Washington
“Nice enough hotel, poor location and service.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Overall I wasn't very happy with my stay at the May De Ville. For starters, after confirming my airport pick-up several times no one showed up. When I called the hotel, no one spoke any English and could not help me. They asked me to email them, of which the email bounced several times. I had to find someone local to help me speak with them and eventually a car showed up. When I finally got to the hotel it was not near the market as is stated and I didn't feel like the neighborhood was safe. When I asked if it was safe to walk alone, the manager insisted it was ad that the market was 200m away. The market was a half mile walk through dark streets off of the main areas, which did not feel safe. When I returned to the hotel I could not find any staff and when I did none of them were in uniform and could not help me with any hotel questions. In addition to these concerns, I never saw anyone else staying at the hotel and I asked if I was the only person at the hotel. I pre-paid to multiple nights, but felt so uncomfortable that I checked out the next morning and moved to a hotel in the center of the Old Quarter.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came to this hotel in January 2014 and stayed for 3 nights. It was a new hotel, and the room was clean, tidy and fully furnished despite the inexpensive price we paid. The hotel manager and staff were helpful and did all their best to make sure our stay was a comfortable one. Apart from the location wise which was abit out of the way, everything else was perfectly in place.

A stay worth every cent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vlissingen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The place was great very clean and well set out and the staff were very helpful and knowledgable about trips and visits.They went out of their way to make sure we got the best for our money and time there..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Hanoi hotels
May de Ville City Centre
#225 of 588 in Hanoi
No photo provided
Smile Hotel
#383 of 588 in Hanoi

Been to May de ville City Centre II? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about May de ville City Centre II

Property: May de ville City Centre II
Address: 57 Pham Hong Thai Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi 100000, Vietnam
Region: Vietnam > Hanoi
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites
Ranked #190 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — May de ville City Centre II 3.5*
May de ville Grand Hotel is situated adjacent to Old Quarter, nearby Nguyen Truong To and Hang Than Street. The hotel is therefore within easy reach of all our capital city’s major sites of historic and cultural interest including the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, West Lake, and many famous temples and pagodas, the central business district, old quarter, shopping areas, museums, Quan Thanh Temple, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Truc Back Lake . It is also just 10 minutes walk from the city’s most beautiful natural landmark, “Restored Sword” or Hoan Kiem Lake. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your May de ville City Centre II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.