“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #50 of 579 Hotels in Hanoi
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Really enjoyed our stay in this hotel,we stayed one night in its sister hotel and they looked after our bags for a week while we were travelling.On our return to Hanoi we stayed in The Splendid Star Boutique and found the hotel perfect for our needs,very well located and clean with a lift which is unusual for Vietnam.The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was a laptop with internet in the room for our use.Overall a very enjoyable experience and would definately recommend.

1 Thank Bernie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel is very clean and the location in the Old quarter near the cathedral is great. The rooms are airconditioned, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. By far the most comfortable beds I have had so far in Vietnam. The staff did everything to make our stay pleasant. They helped print out our train tickets, sent coffee to our room and provided us with ice cold water when we went out during the day. The breakfast is also great. We arrived at 5:30 am and had a 6 hour wait until check in time. The staff were very kind and allowed us to shower in a room so we could head out for the day. The towels also smelt like coconut!

4 Thank tlr07
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The staff here are lovely. After a long train ride we arrived very early in the morning to be greeted with cold drinks and a spare room to change and have a shower. The hotel is in a good location down a quiet street. The staff are knowledgeable about the area and professional. The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable (hard to find this in Vietnam.) For the price we paid, $30 US, this place is a bargain.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Shamboz
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in Splendid Star Grand hotel and they gave us a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite. The room was big and there was a DVD player ( we brought our own DVDs) and had a nice view of Josephs Cathedral.

Room: Then they moved us to Splendid Star Boutique because Splendid Star Grand hotel was full. The room looked newer and had really nice comfy beds. My boyfriend enjoyed watching TV because it had HBO and discovery Channel, national geographic etc. Showers were great, and they provide you with two different shower heads.

Food: Food in the hotel was decent. The hotel offers you free drink during your first arrival at the hotel and they ask you if you want drinks when you come back from your day trips (they offer fresh fruit juices). The coffee in the hotel was really good, even the deep fried spring rolls was really good.

Service: very good service and they recommend you good restaurants to eat and they are really helpful and friendly.

I would definitely come back and its worth the money!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine T
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was a great hotel with top facilities because it was newly opened. I have just nice things to say about our stay at splendid star boutique hotel. The staff was great and very friendly.

The location is also very good because it takes only 2 min to walk to st joseph cathedral and 3 min walk to hoan kiem lake.

5 Thank Sipo1983
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

A new hotel recently added to the Splendid Star family. I booked and stayed my first night at Splendid Star Grand Hotel. Had my Halong Bay tour cancelled due to weather and since the former was fully booked for the night I would have spent on the bay they moved me up the street to its Boutique sister. A very nice hotel. Dare I say nicer than the other one, which I booked because its TripAdvisor reviews are excellent.

Great hospitality, breakfast was nice (Vietnamese or Western, coffee, juice, fruit, etc etc - I love Asia:-), the rooms are very nice and they come with all the comforts, including an in-room safe. Location is perfect and it's great value for money. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank 100_NicS_
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Wow but this was such a great place to stay for my trip to hanoi. The hotel is new and everything inside it is spotless and works really well. In this hotel they spent big on the furnishings, so the rooms are really comfortable. The shower had two flow options and I had the option of seeing the TV while I was getting ready to go out. There was a lot of choices for Breakfast and it was served rather than a buffet, so I wasn't worried about germs, I'm not a fan of buffet food.
The nicest thing for me about this hotel was the staff, always smiling and making me feel comfortable. When I was taking with them, they had drinks made for me, such as ice coffees and fruit juices for free. I'll be returning to this hotel the next time I visit Hanoi. By the way I never gave a hotel full marks before.

• Stayed June 2013