“Friendly staff, good service”

Splendid Star Boutique Hotel
Ranked #54 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Located at the Old Quarters, just behind St Joseph's Cathedral.
Cosy place,with 9 beautiful, tastefully furnished rooms over 5 floors;
there is a lift, so we need not walk up to our rooms..
The staff really go the extra mile to make us feel welcomed.
The hotel van met us at the airport (FOC),
and gave us free tickets to the Water Puppet Show.
They arranged our overnight trip to Halong Bay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pin pin K

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel is a real gem. It is well situated close to the cathedral in Hanoi. The rooms are big and furnished well with everything you need. The hotel is great value for money and has very good facilities with touches of luxury. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and always greeted you with a lovely smile. They went out of their way to welcome us and make our stay comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend the Splendid Star Boutique Hotel to anyone as I feel it would suit all types of travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayne R
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I am happy for my choice of splendid star hotel. It is in convenient location near cathedral so everything is close or in convenient reach. New and nice rooms. Very friendly stuff ready to help with any issue. Hotel not big, but it makes it more cozy.

2  Thank Vt V
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed for over a week in this hotel and could not fault it in any way . It's in a great location away down a quiet street so you can escape the noise of the city. The rooms are large and there are 2 per floor which was ideal for us as we travelled with our two daughters aged 17 and 20 so we had a floor if the hotel to share !
Everything was perfect breakfasts, the clean, spacious rooms , airport pick ups and the superb advice given by staff . They helped us with all our arrangements eg to Halong bay and with booking flights to Hoi An.They even kept a case for us for a week when went to Hoi An. Daisy deserves a special mention she was so helpful and kind and such a lovely person .. We looked forward to seeing her when we came back from Hoi An to spend our last 2 nights at the hotel before coming
home. Tung was also a very kind helpful young man and always welcomed us genuinely when we came back to the hotel. The staff make this hotel special so we hope the manager appreciates
this !!
We would recommend this hotel without any reservations and if we ever go back - which we hope we can - we will stay there . It's amazing value to !! Thank you again for everything !!

1  Thank Harris50
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed here for one night, my last night after 3 weeks of travel. I wanted a quiet place to relax but still close to all the action, and that's exactly what I got! In all email communication leading up to my stay, I received quick responses which made me feel secure and I didn't have to worry about anything. When I arrived, the staff were so friendly and smiley. I felt so welcome by Daisy and her staff, especially Mien! :-) I was lucky to be given a free upgrade to the 'honeymoon suite'. The room was spotless, spacious, stylish and everything was brand new - including the laptop (It was great to be able to Skype with my family). I was given access to a room to shower even after checking out, which I really needed after the hot summer day! The ONLY thing was that I thought the quality of food at breakfast could be improved.
I highly recommend Splendid Star Boutique to anyone visiting Hanoi!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Summerdayz86
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the fantastic hotel I ever seen although I have been travel many times to Hanoi. I will choose to stay in this hotel in my next trip because this hotel really gave me a good time and service during my stay.

2  Thank YMKHING
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I spent 6 weeks in Vietnam amd the splendid star boutique hotel was really the best hotel where I stayed !
People there were so friendly, they offer you a drink of welcome, they speak so well english and are totally helpful.

I had a great time there, the room was confortable, great designed, with a big bathroom, and everything you need !

I had a computer with wifi in my room !

the breakfast was good with lot of choices.

Thank you at the team for this perfect moment !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo