“Can Not Recommend Zoom Strongly enough!!!”

Zoom Zoom Let's Go to the Countryside - Day Tours
Ranked #48 of 489 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Real Vietnam- Explore Hanoi and travel to the countryside around Hanoi and in Northern Vietnam. Think of it as an unique way to learn about Vietnamese culture and life.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can Not Recommend Zoom Strongly enough!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A week ago a friend and I went for a Motorbike trip through the Sapa area with Zoom. We only did a 3 Night, 2 Day trip and saw soooo much but could have easily stayed for longer. We were happily flexible with Zoom as we went through our trip and had an unbelievably AMAZING trip and time with Zoom. She showed us different aspects of the local indigenous peoples lives. Zoom got us invited into complete strangers houses and was such a wealth of knowledge and information and showed us amazing food in Hanoi as well as once we were out on our trip. Sapa is breath taking!! Being able to ride a motorcycle through mountainous, winding, rising and falling roads was something I will remember forever!!
We went on a motorcycle trip to see some countryside quickly and we got more than we ever could have asked for, along with a new friend in Zoom.

Visited May 2014

Delray Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I found Zoom on tripadvisor. All the reviews sounded great, so I reached out to book a day trip with her. Unfortunately, she was already booked but suggested I go with her guide, Quy, an Vietnamese born American, who recently relocated to Hanoi with his wife. I was a bit concerned as the reviews were only about Zoom but, nevertheless, I took a leap of faith and booked Quy. Quy turned out to be an absolutely wonderful, safe, respectful travel guide. In the day we spent together, I felt like I was treated like a queen. He took care of my every wish and took me on a guided tour on bike, hike, and boat. We shared a wonderful million course lunch and had dinner in Hanoi. He is simply great. After my day with Quy, Zoom contacted me directly (from her countryside travels) to make sure that I was 100% satisfied with Quy. I was. If you want an unique, individualized, off-the-beaten path experience in Vietnam, I strongly recommend Zoom and Quy. My day with Quy was the highlight of my trip. I even feel like a gained a lifelong friend. PS Please note that I am a seasoned traveler and have mostly traveled on my own, via backpack. So having a guide was very new to me, but what a wonderful luxury. It takes the headache out of finding everything for yourself, and just gives you the benefit of enjoying a brand new country. Believe the POSITIVE reviews about Zoom!!!!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Lomae2014
Pomona, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite spot on Earth”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

In November 2013, I decided to do something adventurous so a moped trip to Ha Giang--the Northern tip of Vietnam was destined.

Trip details:

We left Hanoi on a bus on a Friday night (thank God it's one of those buses with beds). We arrived at a moped rental shop at 4am. The mopeds were clean and in very good condition. The owner of the rental shop also has a very nice motorcycle. After breakfast and morning coffee, we started our journey.

November was supposed to be a bad month to travel North because that's when rains were about to fall everyday. It did rain! The weather got me frustrated since I was not born the best moped driver. We drove slowly in the cold gloomy and soaking wet weather...

One wide turn, as the ginormous granite mountains covered with bushes appeared behind the melancholic clouds, my breath was taken away. Better yet, Zoom said that was no where near the beauty of nature that was about to unfold itself on the long way ahead. She was right. Words cannot simply be put together for the grandeur of this magnificent land. We also stopped by houses of the natives. They were super friendly. We were even offered corns and sweet potatoes at no cost. Not a single sign of terribly developed tourism like other parts of Vietnam.

What I can say for certain, though, is I would gladly place Ha Giang/Dong Van right next to Yosemite and Grand Canyon (and yes, I climbed Half Dome and backpacked down Colorado river so I know what I'm talking about!) These wonders are exquisitely different, but I love Ha Giang/Dong Van because the moped trip made it very special. The mountains were not just in view. They were up-close and personal.

Cons:

- Due to my little time budget, the trip was much of a rush so driving for 3 consecutive days can be tiresome for some people. If you have more time, please take your time to go places. This region of Vietnam is wonderful!

- The food was good, but it might not be very much like American food (well, you're not even in North America). I highly recommend to try their sausage though.

- Weather was not optimal. Probably because my trip was right after a tropical storm.

Pros:

- Every single mile/kilometer of the road is an amazing opportunity not only for photos but also for lifetime memories.

- Zoom spoke English very very well. She used to live in Sitka-AK so it was very easy to talk to her about pretty much everything.

- Zoom was also very flexible. My original itinerary was supposed to be a 7 days long trip, but the rainstorm held me back in Hanoi for 4 days. I thought I would've to cancel my trip, but she made it happen :)

- You are informed about all possible costs in advance.I got an email for my trip itinerary and cost breakdown weeks in advance (so no hidden fees or whatsoever). This was very helpful for me to plan my two-month trip in Southeast Asia :)

- The hotels have hot water (yesssss!!!).

Recommendation:

- Highly recommend. If you have ever been to Yosemite, Grand Canyon, I would like to know your opinion :)

- Bring water resistant clothes if you go during rain season.

- Try the sausages.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Luu V
Lucerne, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice Bike Tour in the Countryside”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I did a 2 Days Bike Tour with Zoom, and it was just fantastic.... Thanks for everything... It was a nice Bike Tour in the Countryside.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Seimenontour
Moscow, Russia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Hanoi bike tour, and half day cooking at private home!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My family (2 kids, grandma and self) went to Hanoi for a short trip and wanted to learn a bit about the real Vietnam -- we did not want a package tour. Via email, Zoom designed a couple of day tours to meet all of our wishes. She is a wonderful advertisement for Vietnamese hospitality and friendliness (and was the best English speaker we met during 7 days in Vietnam) -- really concerned that we have a good time and appreciate the good things in her country. When grandma got overtired (having herself overestimated what she wanted to do -- can't blame Zoom for that!) Zoom changed the itinerary on the fly, so we were able to get grandma into air conditioning and have the grandkids take a couple of moped rides with Zoom around the city (they were both thrilled). After a day of biking/motorbiking, we spend a morning cooking at a private home with Zoom. The food turned out extremely well (best spring rolls we ate in Vietnam, according to one daughter) and it was wonderful to be able to go into a person's home to do the cooking and learn about her life. We experienced Hanoi in a way we certainly could not have done without Zoom. We cannot recommend her enough!

Visited April 2014