“Not bad, but there's better options all over the Old Quarter”
Review of Vietcraft

Vietcraft
Ranked #70 of 212 Shopping in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are one of the biggest handicraft producer in Vietnam. Our mission is working as the bridge between Vietnamese Artisan and foreigner importer company. We want to enhance to quality of our products by profesional managing system and through our expertise in international trading, marketing and management our Vietnamese handicraft go to each corner of the world then finally we can re-invest for a better life of our artistan. With the two showroom in Hanoi Old Quarter number 24E & 30 Ta Hien Street, we want to introduce our premium handicraft products with possible price directly to our dear customers.Sincerely,Founder of Vietcraft.Tung Xuan LE
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Riyadh
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Not bad, but there's better options all over the Old Quarter”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I visited this place numerous times during my stay in Hanoi, and although they surely do have some nice stuff, it isn't the best you're able to find in the Old Quarter.

The store owner is a very pleasant lady and fun to talk with, and she provides excellent service, but I came away feeling that the selection just wasn't there. They had the same designs and products as everyone else, and to me, nothing stood out as wow.

The prices were also about the same as you would find in the rest of the area. If you walk just a few blocks to where the lacquer street is, the bargains were better and you can find some more unique items.

It's worth a look for sure, but shop around before you buy.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mohammed B
Tommy L, Owner at Vietcraft, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Mr Mohamad B,

First of all, I would like to express my gratidue for having been shopping with us at Vietcraft store number 24 and 30 Ta Hien Street, Hanoi, Vietnam and writting a review on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback/rating is realy helpful for us to enhance customer service as well as arranging suitable product to meet traveller demand.

And thank you for your very frank comments about our product quality however I am afraid that I don't agree with those rating ( average ) because your argument is not strong enought. Let's me explain to you be argument:

1. "They had the same designs and products as everyone else, ". Yes, we did segmentation 50% of products will be sames as the fastest moving which has been accepted by the market. These products are surely wanted or demanded by the customer also. The price segment is from 2-10 USD surely we have these fast moving products as other selling. They are lacquer coaster, lacquer small paiting, lacquer coconut bowl. However from price range 30 to more than 100 USD we are DEFINITLY different from other since our own artist creat our own design. With deeply respectful to artisan work we think that they should be paid fairly high income for the beautiful work. So not everything the same.

2. With your experience in Hanoi " I visited this place numerous times during my stay in Hanoi" I do think that your argument would be very STRONG that if you can show which shops are selling the product same as us.

3. About "the bargains were better and you can find some more unique items". Yes, bargain price may be very bad image of Vietnam shopping. We are trying to sell fixed price in the future however we may lower price because of other shops selling lower price with lower quality product which may be not reconized by traller. However as our defined mission in Trip Advisor we want to introduce the quality handicraft to traveller as possible price to customer not offering cheap or bargaining price for unwanted items.

Thank you for your attention and shopping with us !

Tommy Le,
Vietcraft Owner.

Deutschland, Hesse
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lovely shop”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very nice selection of original and beautifully painted vases, jewerly boxes and lackered paintings, among many other souvenirs. Super-friendly service, accept all major credit cards.

Visited November 2013
TungLeHN, Manager at Vietcraft, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you sir for your review us on Trip Advisor.

Your precious comments would help us to enhance our customer service.

Yes, since we had signed partnership program with many big Vietnamese bank so the credit card charge was so acceptable. However we decided to bear the cost for customer. The 0% creadit card charged has been much appriciated from customer so we had decided to apply this program in the long run. Please find round logo 0% service charge for Visa, Master .... on front of our store chain at 24 & 30 Ta Hien Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

One again, thank you very much for your shopping with us.

Wishing you & your family a joyful X'mas !

Tomm Le
Singapore, Singapore
“Awasome products & Value for Money”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Dont miss to visit this shop if you visit Hanoi...Professional service and Awasome products ...
Quality and finsihing of products from this shop is far far better then neighbouring shops
I have bought many stuffs from this shop and happy for price what i paid

Visited November 2013
TungLeHN, Manager at Vietcraft, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Mr Pramod,

Thank you for your value comments and feedback about our products quanlity via Trip Advisor.

We will try our best to enhance customer satisfaction and your comment is encouraing us so much !

Wishing to meeting you again in Hanoi.

Tommy LE
Tokyo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice shop, you can find special item here.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I found some special items for my friend and Japanese family here. Owner put his sense on beautiful selection. I love this friendly shop.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank vietha0207
TungLeHN, Owner at Vietcraft, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your shopping with us !

Hope that we can serve you & your friend better in the future.

Tommy Le
“Professional services, wide range of products and friendly environment”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My friend referred me to this shop when I was looking for a place to buy lacquer souvenir products for my business clients in France. I was so surprised by the wide range of product here as well as the excellent manner of the staffs, they were so friendly, helpful and all can speak English. I will surely come back here next time. Vietcraft will be a highly recommended place to my friends for sure!

Visited February 2013
TungLeHN, Owner at Vietcraft, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your shopping with us !

I am so happy because of our well trainned English speaking staff had served you well.

Please feel free to give us comments/feedback throught Trip Advisor. We are always listenning to customer feedback as critical way to improve our service.

Tommy Le