Calypso Suites Hotel
US$41
US$37
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$132
US$110
Agoda.com
US$77
US$72
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold quarterhalong bayside streetsmall alleysmall buffethotel is locatedhoan kiem lakethe hotel staffwater puppet showfresh fruitnight trainsister hotelphovisiting hanoiairport transfertrain ticketsdeluxe room
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Cons
We stayed there for 3 nights and there is pretty loud construction work going on from 8 am to 10 pm. Hard to hear your own thought at that time.
The manager was really annoying, every time he saw us he pushed us hard to buy a trip Halong. We really felt like walking ATMs in the hotel.

Pros
The staff was really polite
Rooms were clean
Breakfast ok but a little less variety

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Monika W
sam d, Guest Relations Manager at Calypso Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Monika W,

On behalf of Calypso Hotel Group, We would like to sincere thank you for your stay at our hotel recently and we are appreciate your contribution on TripAdvisor

We know that our hotel does not make you and your wife satisfy because of our neighbor's construction with all the noise and dust. We hope you can understand for the difficult we meet as Old Quarter is so small; the entire wall next to each other and the technology is not modern like western country therefore we cannot help to get you away from the noise. We did try our best to manage for you the room in higher floor with free upgrade for all entire nights you staying here with us in order to hope it will reduce the noise for your room. We also did our best to make our neighbor commitment to not doing construction during the night time so all the guest will have a good sleep. The construction only start from 9h30 until 17h00 for every day but only in the past 2 week for the heavy noise, now everything back to normal.

We also want to send you the deepest apologies from the manager and all the staff for making you feel uncomfortable during your stay. What we really want is your enjoyable stay at our hotel. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused; we only want to know your plan so that we can assist you during your stay and if any organization looking for you, we can identify you easily. On the past we saw a lot of situations about the guide come and pick up the wrong guest and the guest end up coming back to the hotel and have to catch the taxi to tracing to right operator. That is the reason why we always ask for your plan.

You mentioned on the review that the breakfast is only ok and not a lot of choices , but reading 205 reviews of our guest , we have 200 reviews mentioned that it is excellent and with manyof choices .

We got information that due to the sickness of your wife so you have to cancel your trip. And Halong Bay is the most beautiful areas in the North, our manager don't want you to miss it out as we see your wife look well after someday stay at our hotel ( Our manager asked you only one time if you need any tours information, even not show you any tours ,any price , It must be a misunderstanding ). We just want both of you have memorable trip while staying with us but it looked like you and your wife just want to be by yourself . Because of the way we take care of you make you misunderstanding about us.

We hope that you and your wife can understand for all the misunderstanding at our hotel and accept our deepest apology.

If you have any suggestion for our hotel to improve our product and service, we would appreciate for all the contribution. We would love to if we have the second chance in the future to welcome you and your friend or your relative to stay again at our hotel.

We wish you a wonderful trip during your holiday and all the health and happiness in your life.

All the best

Amy Phuong

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We recently stayed for 4 nights at this excellent hotel and have only praise for Manager Kevin and all of the staff. The hotel is in the old quarter, a top location for access to a large range of restaurants, water puppet theatre and historical buildings. Of course there is the wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in the frenzy that is Hanoi.
The hotel is smartly furnished and the rooms are a comfortable size and the beds very comfortable. Complimentary fresh fruits and water provided everyday.
The breakfast includes a mix of fresh, fruits, cereals ,spring rolls, croissants, fresh bread as well as a menu selection. Delicious!
The staff are the shining lights being knowledgable, courteous and gracious. They are happy to advise and book whatever you need including tours, theatre, train and taxis.
Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at many resorts and hotels over the course of my two week stay in Vietnam but none of them compared to the customer service I received during my at the Calypso Suites. I flew in from New York early on a monday morning and was headed that night for Sapa. Not only did the hotel staff take care of my bags so we can wonder around town for the day but they even packed us a dinner for the overnight train ride even though we were not staying at the hotel for 4 nights.

While I was still in the USA, they took care of getting my train tickets and all travel documents I needed for Sapa from a different travel facility and took care of booking my private tour to Halong Bay.

Breakfast was western style and waiting every morning at 6:30am, all staff ready with a smile. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If I am ever back in Hanoi, I will gladly repeat my stay.

Room Tip: As Hanoi can be a bit loud I would suggest a high floor on the opposite side off the main street.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed in Calypso 3 separate nights in March. Excellent service each time. Staff go beyond expectations to ensure that the customer is satisfied. Would recommend this hotel any day. Thanks to all in Calypso!!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this charming hotel twice and both times I found the staff warm and friendly and the rooms clean with small touches of thoughtfulness such as a fresh fruit plate with a clean covered knife.
Everyone who works there takes pride in his or her job and it shows. The staff is knowledgeable on where to eat and where to go including a very nice spa near by.
Without asking they packed me a bag full of food including a sandwich on a baguette as they remembered that I enjoyed their bread for a late night flight I needed to take. I would stay here again and would easily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo