“alfen02”

Silver Legend Hanoi
Ranked #342 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Together with my eight year old son, i had the pleasure to stay at Silver Legend around Christmas time 2013. The rooms was a bit on the small side, but clean. Good wifi connection day and night. Flat screen with many channels, also CNN, BBC and children channels. The staff spoke reasonable English, and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. If we had any problem or question, we just contacted staff and they would do anything to help us. Breakfast ok. Perfect location in old city. Hang Bac is the jewelry street of Hanoi, and good bargains to be had especially on handmade silver products

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank alfen02

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel, the room was big and clean, great bathroom with a bathtub. The breakfast included is also quite good (buffet).

On the second day, we had to change the room and got a smaller one without window. But it was still ok.

I highly recommend !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marine A
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel from Dec 27th to Dec 30th (however, stayed one night in a cruise boat in Ha Long Bay). The room we booked was not really what I saw on the internet. I spent one night and then asked to the staff if we could move to a bigger room. The room 302 was much bigger and had two beds, had a small balcony where you can smoke as well, facing to the south and you can see the sunshine. This hotel is on the Hang Bac street, which is famous for money exchange and silver products. It only takes three to five minutes to walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. Such a convenient location.
The facility of this hotel is not that new but was enough for us. Needs to be more clean though.
Staff didn't seem so supportive but if you talk with them more, they really help you a lot like friends. I lost my phone in the city but they helped me a lot and even though I couldn't find it, I was very impressed how they helped me.

Breakfast quality should be improved. I would not have it if I knew that quality.

However, if you look at the price and the location, I would highly recommend this hotel. You can stay in a over 30m2 room only with USD30/night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldbazzar
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The hotel is very well located in the old town of Hanoi. Shops, Restos and bars just a few steps further...
The rooms on street side are a bit Noisy, but the ones on the back are perfect!
Very friendly staff, always ready to help for any queries.
A great place for a short or longer stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank anne v
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This Hotel have a very good location. They served variety breakfast. Overall the room and toilet are clean and the room rate is reasonable and over expectation. The staff can speak good English and very helpful. Overall we had a pleasant stay at these hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CAY118
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Located right around the corner from the bar neighborhood and a couple blocks north of Kiem lake. Silver legend hotel was a great place to stay! VERY friendly and helpful staff, clean air conditioned room with cable and large shower. I went on a 3 day tour and they held my bags for free while I was gone. I highly reccomend this hotel if you are staying in Hanoi old quarter. Strong fast wifi in room and free breakfast as well

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Joemvl
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights in our way to Halong Bay. The staff was incredible helpful and it's located in a great area close to the main areas in Hanoi. The hotel and room were tidy and clean, no complaints at all!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family