“Good tailor, would go back”

Zeds Threads Fairtrade Tailor
Ranked #5 of 212 Shopping in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At Zeds Threads we produce and sell classical men’s clothing in Western sizes, both ready-to-wear and made-to-measure. All our clothes are made from 100% cotton and 100% linen quality fabrics that are prewashed to minimize shrinkage. Each item is handmade and carefully inspected to make sure it meets our high quality standards.Zeds Threads has a range of formal shirts: evening shirts in a number of styles for black tie events, and business shirts. We have casual shirts: including short-sleeved summer shirts in a variety of designs. Trousers are offered in khaki, linen, chino and denim and we will adjust the length to your own preference. Our Bermuda style shorts are made from denim, chino, linen or blue striped cotton. We also have casual light denim jackets. Our shorts and pants come in regular and relaxed fits. We can also make golfing pants, shirts and shorts, as well as women’s shirts on request. Coming soon are ‘Asian’ sizes for all our clothes, followed by a new range of jackets (including linen), men’s suits, women’s shirts, and accessories. Zeds Threads is based on fairtrade principles and a respect for the environment. Our employment policy favours workers from disadvantaged backgrounds for whom we provide training and housing. Our goal is to deliver personalised and high quality garments at a fair price, and made under fair working conditions.Prices are very affordable, especially compared to handmade clothing in Europe, the US, or Australia. Come down to our store and try out our clothing for yourself. You won't be disappointed.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Berlin, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good tailor, would go back”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I ordered a shirt and it turned out very nice and for a reasonable price in a timely manner. They have, however only simpler materials. It seems they employ disadvantaged people and in this way your money goes to where it is more needed. Would definitely recommend!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dobrin K

• Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quality and workmanship worth the trip”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have just made my 3rd shopping trip to Zed's. Quality and workmanship is unequaled when compared to anything I have purchased previously in Hanoi. Yes, you might pay a bit more by Hanoi standards, but you save in the end and a real bargain if you compare to western prices.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank weirtonext
Hanoi, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Shirts”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Zed's Threads is a great place to buy excellent quality shirts. I have 5 now (both business and casual) and cannot fault them at all. The fit is superb and the fabric is top quality.

Customisation is available but I must admit, most of my purchases have been off the rack given they cater more to a western frame.

I highly recommend Zed's to anyone.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hanoi_Simo
Hanoi
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I made my husband very happy”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Recently, It was my husband's birthday and I knew he wanted a soft linen shirt. We looked around all the shops in Hanoi and we couldn't find what we wanted then a friend introduced me to Zed. I took my husband's measurements and they selected a size from their range. The shirt fits perfectly and my husband was very happy.

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“made to measure shirts”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you are running short on time on a trip to Hanoi or indeed would like some made to measure shirts at a good price, then Zeds Threads is the place to go as they can take measurements either on the spot and mail the items to you, or if you prefer, you can always send a sample of a shirt by mail to them together with modifications or alterations you need, and they can accurately copy the original, and again mail the completed garments overseas to you.

I have recently taken delivery at home in Canada of some modified short sleeve safari shirts made to my design and they look great. In fact I am forwarding another order so that they are available for my next visit to Hanoi, as once measured, they keep the records of the customer for that reason.

For around $30 each these are far better than any made to measure shirts I could get in N America

Visited May 2013