“Awesome location, clean room.”

Hong Ngoc Dynastie Hotel
Ranked #135 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean & breakfast ok. Location was awesome. I stayed here with a contiki group, travelling solo but rooming twin share. Reception charged me 106k dong for failure to return the key (only one key is issued per room) and told me my room mate, who I'd left the key with had checked out. I paid it, later on in the day I came across my room mate, who had not actually checked out & handed the key in. It was a mission to get my money back, but out of principle I persisted and got it back from reluctant hotel staff. This slightly soured an otherwise ok stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hongngochotelgroups, Người quản lý at Hong Ngoc Dynastie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear valued Guest,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay at the Hong Ngoc Dynastie Hotel last time. After hearing of your dissatisfaction, I have double-checked with our staff to ensure that it is still of the highest quality. There is really a misunderstand when you need to use second key in your room, they never have intention to charge anything, just simple look like a guarantee follow by our policy.

You can be absolutely sure that we will discuss your feedback with the respective leaders to make sure to improve these problems. We wish you continued safe and enjoyable travels and look forward to welcoming you back.

management team

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very nice room, even nicer bathrooms! However nice hotels are a dime a dozen, what distinguished this hotel for me was the kind friendly staff. Always willing to help you out, give directions, recommendations etc. Furthermore I had left my passport and money in the safe when I checked out, I was coming back to Hanoi a couple days later and the staff had my passport and money (not a dollar missing) reading for me upon my checkin. The professionalism and honesty of the staff is truly unparalleled. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hongngochotelgroups, Người quản lý at Hong Ngoc Dynastie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing your feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor. It is such a delight to read our guests' satisfaction. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Traveled solo with a small group. Great hotel in a great location within walking distance. Spacious rooms were kept spotless by friendly and helpful staff. Fridge, safe, quiet aircon, complimentary water, kettle, mugs. Very hot water was instant so be careful when running.Free WiFi was a little slow in the room but great in reception. My room was 701 which was very quite.
Stayed here for 2 nights and got to see all I wanted without any problems due to location.
Beautiful furniture in reception could be made more comfortable with a few cushions or padded seats.
Loved chatting to Quang Anh and Huyen.

Room Tip: Room 205 was noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting Hong Ngoc hotel as your residence of choice during your recent stay in Hanoi and also for taking the time to tell us about your experiences while with us.
At Hong Ngoc, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Your valuable comments are well noted and we will look into improving with our team

Thank you very much indeed!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for one night in this hotel as part of a pre-booked tour. The beds are a teeny bit on the small side but very comfortable, while the bathroom is spacious and pretty. We can't say too much about the location as we literally dropped our bags from the airport and then went straight to sleep, but our first impressions are that you can't really go wrong with it for a budget accommodation. The staff were friendly and accommodating but the hotel's breakfast buffets do not really cater to vegetarians, which is why it loses a mark.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amj P
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed there in early April 14 and it was great, the manager could not do enough for us , lots of attractions close by and the food at the hotel was excellent , our group was 24 pax from Australia, had no complaints, lots of little 7 to 7 shops near by to buy cheap beer , we walked to the Water puppet show from there it was only 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: All rooms were good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location was about 10 minutes walk to the lake but all manor of shops were plentiful and nearby. Our room was clean and comfortable although we had a window which was overlooking the stairwell which made it quite noisy at times. The staff were efficient and breakfast was good. There was nothing not to like.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a clean and modern. My room was a good size and although it looked on the road, there was not much traffic noise and it was reasonably quiet. The breakfast was great. The staff was extremely helpful: my and my partner I felt very comfortable in this hotel. The location is FANTASTIC and being in the old town you will not find a better place to stay. Without a doubt I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple