“Helpfull staff and great location”

Hanoi Brilliant Hotel and Spa
Ranked #60 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff have been so attentive and helpful. The location of the hotel being a 5 minute walk from the hub of Hanoi was a reason for selection and I was not disappointed. There are several room types (we stayed in 3 different rooms) which were all of a high standard with the suites having ample space with balconies. Breakfast was provided consisting of standard cold cereals with a few warm dishes available.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel do get a little street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 23Kezza23

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed in Morgans for 7 weeks whilst on business in Hanoi and would definitely stay there again for either business or holiday. Relatively new when I stayed, the rooms are clean, modern and reasonably sized considering you're right in the middle of Hoan Kiem. Ask for a window room if there’s one available.
The staff were excellent. In particular the reception staff, who were ready to help with anything I needed and I was always greeted with a smile and polite conversation.

Room Tip: City view rooms on the upper floors are the largest. If you are a particularly lite sleeper you may...
6  Thank GraemeGeiger
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Hanoi Morgans Hotel made my stay in Hanoi truly memorable. I was there for over 3 months for business and there is no other place i would've wanted to stay. It is conveniently located by Hoan Kiem lake in the old quarter, which is a 15 min walk in any direction to all the main tourist attractions and is right where all cheap shopping is.

What makes the Morgans Hotel stand out from the rest was the quality of service its staff provided. Whether it be upstairs at the rooftop restaurant, to the receptionists in the lobby, all the staff were always willing to help and always had a smile on their face. Originally i stayed at The Pearl Hotel for one night and then the Mason d'Hanoi (which are both pretty much opposite the Morgans Hotel) and the Morgans Hotel was easy 10 times better. The staff were always asking how they can make my stay better and showed a genuine interest in how to ensure i was having as comfortable as time as possible in their hotel. The staff were also very helpful with showing on maps where there may be hidden points of interest, organizing taxi's and organizing trips out of Hanoi (Ha Long Bay), which is very convenient and much cheaper than going to one of the little travel agencies scattered throughout Hanoi.

Another great aspect of the Morgans Hotel is its rooms. The rooms are perfect whether it be for a family or a couple. I originally stayed in a room with a queen bed, which was great, but i was upgraded to a Junior Suite which was absolutely perfect. It had 2 flat screen tv's, a queen bed and a single bed, a separate living room with a lounge a poof, plus a larger bathroom. I was genuinely surprised at how nice the rooms were, especially compared to the rooms i stayed in at the Mason d'Hanoi and the Pearl, where the rooms were squashy and had very loud air-conditoning.

The buffet breakfast was great, as was the food at the restaurant for dinner. I would highly recommend having dinner there as the meals are fresh, of high quality and are a large portion size.

If you are looking for a place to stay when you visit Hanoi, look no further. I guarantee, especially after being there for over 3 months, that this place is without a doubt the best hotel to stay in in Hanoi. It was great value for money, great staff and is in the BEST location in Hanoi.

If ever i go back to Hanoi for work, or for a holiday with the family, i will be staying at the Morgans Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, in particular the Junior Suites.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stuart R
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is brand new (6 months at the time I visited it). It has new furniture and the rooms are luminous and fairly spacious. The window rooms are best and of those above floor 3 are even better. The staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast is pretty good too - It took me 2 weeks there to start needing a change. There is a reasonable spa in the hotel too.

Room Tip: Higher floors and window rooms are the best
3  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First time to Vietnam and was here on a work trip. Hanoi Morgans left a pretty good impression. Hotel is very near the lake and the night markets. Staff is always friendly and courteous. If you don't know any Vietnamese, you might have a little trouble ordering room service or during breakfast if you have specific dietary requirements. Best to download a translator into your phone but the staff do try their best to accommodate and do not make a fuss when something is amiss.

If you came without the faintest idea of what to do, the hotel has already prepared a handy visiting guide with places of interest and popular food places according to budget along with emergency contacts and taxi companies you can trust.

Overall I had a very positive experience in this hotel. My boss picked a good one!

2  Thank heyzahir
Reviewed 7 June 2014

stayed in Morgan hotel was one of the best hospitality I receive by them. Team was very helpful 24/7, front desk willing to offer some help in any time and the best part is hotel manager was very helpful and make sure I have all I need while I stayed there. I can't thank enough for their offer as I almost cancel my reservation due the budget but their flexibility rate I can't resist and they upgrade my room. My grateful and my thank you to them. Room is very clean, tidy, spacious and breakfast is excellent.
I'm highly recommend Morgan Hanoi hotel and their 5star service deserve the excellent choice from overseas traveller. Located in central Hanoi, 2minutes away from the lake and 5minutes from cathedral.
my compliment for Morgan team and manager. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: choose the one with city view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 42lulu42
Hanoi M, Manager at Hanoi Brilliant Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Our valued Guests,

On behalf of Hanoi Morgans hotel team, we would love to send our deeply sincere and thankful for your beautiful comment, which encourages us so much on our right way of development !

Our primary passion is the big smile and satisfaction of Guests, so we all always keep strive on, in order to enhance our services better and better.

We are so delighted to hear that our services, facilities of room, the great location, especially outstanding staff... which touched your heart, made your vacation become the best and un-forgetable !
We all would love to hear from you soonest for the next trips to Hanoi, and hopefully Hanoi Morgans hotel still be the first choice of you !

All best wishes to you !

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived before official check in time but were shown to our suite immediately. Spacious and pleasant and well furnished. But some of the design elements seemed bizarre. Drawers that open in the living area rather than the bedroom, unusable elements etc. This extended to most areas. Breakfast was buffet; plenty of food but at the same time limited. It was strange that there were three or four wait staff standing around waiting for a plate to be finished and whisk it away, or help you serve yourself. It might have been better to have a full service breakfast room. My wife and I booked a massage - confusion over the time; it was very relaxing. The staff tried to helpful but at times the two or three gentlemen in reception seemed to make simple things very complicated. In summary a pleasant stay at a hotel that could be made so much better. Location, for us, was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple