Stars Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviews'sister' hotelhalong bayold quarterroom was cleanair constaff was very friendly and helpfulquiet at nighta lovely staydouble bedbooking toursfree breakfasthoan kiem lakeeach morningnice breakfastlaundry serviceairport transferbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2008

No prearranged airport pickup. When we arrived late at night the booked room even with our confirmation voucher did not exist and we were sent to another hotel. The next day we were shown a dirty noisy dingy room. We had to threaten to call the police to get our passports back Other people were fighting with the rude unhelpful lady on the desk.Dont believe the Lonely Planet as it is out of date. This is a no stay hotel.

Stayed: December 2007
6  Thank ELANORA
Reviewed 3 January 2008

This is only a small hotel so it is wise to book ahead. The value for money was very good. It is in a good location in the Old Quarter. We didnt have problems with noise from the roads but it is on a busy street. When we returned to the hotel they were fully booked at showed us a 'sister' hotel but this was not as good.

Breakfast and internet were included.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2007

After reading the "objective" travel guide Lonely planet, I booked a room at the Stars hotel and after one night I decided to leave it. In fact,
on the same street (just 10m away from the Stars Hotel) there is really good hotel "Hanoi Guest House" which is really good (and even cheaper!!!)

Problems at the stars hotel:

- Very, but very unfriendly staff
- They overcharge you for all (a water is about 8000 dong and they charge you 16000)
- The rooms are not that good. I was on the top flor and the toilet was tiny (I hadn't enough space to get a shower and everything got wet) and the floor was full of water for 2 hours!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank spanishgirl25
Reviewed 14 May 2007

I chose Stars hotel in Hanoi mainly based on the positive review in Lonely Planet. I know now that Lonely Planet is not always accurate.

The hotel is clean and reasonable for the money that I paid. However, please be careful of your belongings. Always keep them locked up and do not leave anything lying around. I made some purchases on my first day and left the bag on a chair. Subsequent purchases were kept and locked in my luggage each time I went out. I only realised that my first day purchase was missing after I left Hanoi. The purchases were not expensive but it's something that cannot be replaced easily. Also, the management of the hotel has the responsibility to ensure that there is some level of security accorded to guests when their staff makes up the rooms daily.

When I checked in, the reception asked for my passport and they wanted to keep it for me. I am very glad I insisted that I have my passport with me at all times.

So please beware and be careful about your belongings.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KrisW
Reviewed 23 April 2007

We have just recently stayed at the Stars Hotel in Hanoi, as listed first in the budget section of the current Lonely Planet.
After enquiring about rooms we checked in to a deluxe room that was rather small and very noisy, with a small balcony overlooking the old quarter. Halfway through the night the air conditioner stopped working making the room really stuffy. The next morning when I woke up I discovered that I had been bitten by bed bugs throughout the evening. When we mentioned to the person at reception about both of these problems they did not seem overly concerned, and there was no question of a reduced charge for the room.

Stayed: April 2007