“A wonderful hotel with 5* customer service”

Golden Sun Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is how a hotel should be run! It was exceptionally clean, breakfast was excellent and the customer service was far better than many 5* hotels I have stayed in. Before we even arrived I was impressed with the way Eric, the sales manager, answered every email, arranged our visa letter of introduction and organised a taxi to pick us up at the airport.
Our room had wooden floors, a big shower and was very clean. All the staff were courteous and helpful but I must say a particular thank you to Mary, Susan and Rose who worked in the kitchen. They obviously loved their jobs and were so eager to help. I would also like to thank Frank for his restaurant advice and for arranging an early breakfast when we left at 6.20am. Lucy and Jessie were also extremely helpful and friendly. As you can see I am finding it difficult to single out a particular person because all the staff , from the bell boys to the manager, were so good!
Thank you all for making our stay in Hanoi such a delightful experience.

Room Tip: We were in room 502. This room is at the back and does not have a view. It did not bother us as it w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wolf97Cyprus
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear wolf97Cyprus,
Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to read your pleasant accommodation experience and appreciate your compliments on the overall environment.
It is important to us to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable and personalized stay, so I am glad to hear that you had sastified our staff's effort and our services. We continuously upgrade our facilities and service to provide the utmost comfort for our guests !

We do look forward to welcoming you back for another well-deserved break very soon.

There are newer reviews for Golden Sun Suites Hotel

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited 3 different hotels in Hanoi. We liked the Golden Sun Hotel because it was near by the city and the lake but it was calm. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. We are coming back next time! Thank you for everything! A young couple from Brussels!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Edith P

Dear Edith P,
Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you so much for recognizing and commending the team’s service. We are also very glad you appreciate the hotel’s location and services.
Your feedback regarding to location, accommodation and staff is appreciated and will be shared with our culinary team so that we can work toward improving the experience in the future.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon for a renewed experience with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a lovely stay in Hanoi at this hotel. Great breakfast and nice rooms. But the best about this is the lovely staf that helped us with everything! The speak very good english and it is easy to arrange trips and sightseeing. Great value for money!

Room Tip: The rooms located away from the street are very quiet.
2  Thank Rus65

Dear Rus65,
Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to read your pleasant accommodation experience and appreciate your compliments on the overall environment. It is always appreciated when guests give to us positive feedback and I am going to share your compliments with my team.
I would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you in the future if you are in Hanoi.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I found this hotel via trip advisor and it already had stunning reviews and judging by my last visit they are all completely true. The thing that makes this hotel are the staff. They are the most friendly and helpful people I've encountered in any hotel. Before I started my stay I was in constant contact with Eric the sales manager who wanted to make sure everything would be perfect of my stay. He arranged a very good price on my airport taxi to the hotel and ensured that all my travel needs where taken care of during my time in Hanoi and then my trips Ha Long Bay and travel to Hue. But all round everybody was great.
The location is perfect, which is located close to the lake, restaurants and the heart of all the tourist attractions in Hanoi.
The hotel itself is modern, comfortable and of a high standard, which for th price makes it unbeatable.

Thank you Golden Sun Suites...I will be back, from Venkat Darla

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Prad D,

Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.
It was an absolute pleasure to read such a positive review about our hotel and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us with our service quality, hotel staff and our tour program. We strive to provide our guests with a superlative experience while in Ha Noi and feedback such as yours only drives us to maintain our high standards for future guests.
Please return to Golden Sun Suites Hotel whenever you visit Hanoi, we are more than happy to welcome you back to our Home anytime.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Perfect location for sightseeing and shopping, very close to Hoan Kiem Lake (see review) and water puppet theatre (see review). This boutique Hotel in the heart of Hanoi provides superb rooms and outstanding service. It's the little extras that make Golden Sun Suites stand above the rest. Our flight arrived over 2 hrs before check-in (2pm), this was not a problem , room was ready. I used downstiars computer for web check-in near reception and printed out eticket at their desk , very helpful. Upon stepping back into hotel after being out we were greeted with lovely fresh fruit juices each time. Before going out for dinner in the evening we would get that knock at the door with our complimentary chocolates with msg good night/sweet dreams (very touching).
Room and bathroom had one stem red rose for our enjoyment (again lovely touch).
Breakfast is included in room price and had excellent variety of fresh fruits, juices, pastries, egg station, Asian dishes and tea and coffee, all very good standard. I emailed the hotel directly for best price and Eric/Manager was first rate. Anna is a real gem, beautiful smile and so happy to help with anything. Hotel arranged Halong Bay Tour(see review) and our pick-up and drop-off airport transfers ($15/320,000dong each way). Plenty of choices for meals at City View Cafe' (see review), The Note Coffee (see review), Bun Bo Nam Bo(see review) & Purple Cherry Restaurants(see review) all ranked highly on TA for $(under $10). Hanoi's Old Quarter Hotels have narrow frontage, because back in the day tax was paid on the width of street frontage. Would recommend/ a must when staying in Old Quarter. Many thanks for a memorable stay Eric and Anna.

Room Tip: Street facing room..I enjoyed watching street below whilst having my coffee and complimentary chocol...
2  Thank HeatherAustralia

Dear Mrs HeatherAustralia,
Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.
We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our accommodation,tour program, and the service quality from our staff. Thanks a lot for expressing your experience from your recent stayed on the TripAdvisor website. We believe that your review would definitely be useful for the fellow travelers who planning to visit Hanoi and looking for somewhere simply nice to stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you visit Ha Noi in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly placed in the Old Quarter. Staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful. Room was extremely comfortable and very clean, with nice soft beds (by Vietnamese standards), spacious bathroom. Breakfasts were very good, with omelettes and pancakes cooked to order as well as a plentiful buffet. We'd definitely return.

Dear Greenwichjohn,
Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.
Your great feedback on TripAdvisor website is much appreciated. We are so glad to know that you satisfied with our room, location and breafast. We believe that your review would definitely be useful for the fellow travelers who are planning to visit Hanoi and looking for somewhere simply nice to stay.

We look forward to have a chance of welcoming you back to our residence soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'm a young college student studying abroad, but the Golden Sun Suites Hotel treated me with nothing but absolute respect. The entire premise was in pristine conditions, including my room and the dinning area. The entire staff was so helpful with all of my concerns concerning trips, helping me AND my friends who weren't even customers, and everything else I can think of. I simply cannot stress how much I enjoyed my time at this establishment. I highly recommend a stay here for anyone and everyone who can afford it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Marcus D,
Greeting from Golden Sun Suites Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for the helpful feedback! It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are delighted that our hotel facilities, services and staff would make your stay was memorable experiences.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!