“A great hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter”

Golden Sun Villa Hotel
Ranked #19 of 592 Hotels in Hanoi
Sydney, Australia
“A great hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here in July 2014. Rooms were excellent and very reasonably price. Breakfast was great. Kevin and the staff were excellent. They spoke good English and organised tours and transport for us. I couldnt recommend them more highly

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The best service and hospitality we could expect.
very nice and modern hotel, nice room very good facility
and the hotel staff did everything possible for us to enjoy
our stay in Vietnam.
great location.
the only place for us in Hanoi!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ODED H
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a fantastic hotel in Hanoi.
Don't get fooled by its small and tiny entrance along the main road (just a small alley) before you see the main hotel lobby and its glass doors. The hotel is similar to an apartment style, where there are only 2 units on each floor (elevator doors opens and there are just 1 unit each immediately to the left and right).

There are complimentary fruits. chocolates, and bottled water in the spacious, with a big window and a spacious working desk for those with laptops. The hotel staff is very detailed to the small attention in making the room as cosy and welcoming as possible (rose petals on the bed, and around the wash basin).

The breakfast was superb too, with everything on the menu offered on an ala-carte-buffet style.
This is the first time I have came across this way the breakfast is being served. You can choose from a variety of eggs (sunny side up, omelette, etc), bread, pho, fried rice, etc).

The location is also near to famous attractions, and almost everywhere famous is a 5-10 mins walk away.

Undoubtedly, the best this hotel has to offer is sales manager Mr Kevin, and his dedicated staff. He was able to book train tickets for me from Hanoi to Dong Hoi (to visit the Phong Nha caves), and also from Dong Hoi to Danang (enroute to Hoi An) at a very reasonable rate (cheaper than next best online alternative Vietnam Impressive). Mr Kevin even helped me booked tickets in advance for the popular water puppet show just 1 day before our arrival. We were allowed to leave our bags with the hotel and redeem them in the evening to catch our evening train to Dong Hoi. Mr Kevin even offered to let us shower and freshen up before our train ride.

Room Tip: Nothing in particular.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weeps86
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was certainly the best hotel of my honey moon. Not because it was luxurious because it was not. The reason for that is that i was treated so good that i don t have enough words to describe. The manager Bruce is a fantastic person and he helped us so much (not only in Hanoi but also in other parts of Vietnam).
We booked 2trips in Vietnam with the hotel and we were very satisfied. the prices were lower than the other travel agents. The hotel provided maximum assistance (for instance paid us a taxi to go and return from train station always accompanied with someone from the hotel, give us a room twice to take a bath even without any reservation for the same night).
if i will have a chance i will return here for sure!
thanks a lot!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joaomaiacastilho
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is our 6th time trip to Hanoi, and I think this hotel is best one so far. Very friendly staff and clean room and great location. Free extend check out for late afternoon flight makes us so easy to return home. Also staff recommend spa, cooking class, street food tour were great(best ever) !! We will be back next year again !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mil0c0c0
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Impeccable service from the staff at the hotel. Airport transfer was prompt, the driver was on time and friendly although he did not speak much English. Upon check-in, the reception provided us a map, gave us a brief of the surroundings, places to eat etc. She also helped us book the Halong Bay cruise and arranged for transfer Halong Bay to Cat Bi International Airport. I recalled calling for extra pillows at around 11:30pm on the first night of check-in. In less than 3 minutes, the staff appeared with my request. My friends and I were pretty impressed with his speedy response! Even the staff working in the cafe and guest service counter were very friendly and helpful.

The room was reasonably sized and clean. Al-carte buffet style breakfast served is pretty good. I enjoyed the chicken pho most. Hotel is also very conveniently located in the Old Quarters. Hoan Kiem lake, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Old Quarter shopping, Thang Long Water Puppet Theater are all within walking vicinity.

On the cons, the room service food (fried rice, spring rolls and chicken wings) which we ordered on our first night didn't taste that great and portion was very small. The lock to the room is bit of a chore as key has to be inserted even when locking the door from inside the room.

Overall, my friends and I enjoyed our 5 nights’ stay in the hotel. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Hanoi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeanW1802
Kamala, Thailand
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I found this treasure by reading trip advisor and recommend it without question. The staff are awesome, the girls are pretty, the room is clean and comfortable, the location is excellent, the food is great but what sets this hotel apart from most others in Asia is the service. I extended my stay in Hanoi and had a problem in that the hotel was booked full for one of the nights of my extended stay... they booked me on an overnight stay in Halong Bay where I slept on the boat and had a great time and solved the "no room" problem. When I returned the reception staff had bought for me the souvenirs for my staff at my business in Thailand we had previously discussed... delivered right to the front desk for less than half the price the hawkers were asking. Besides all that in my many attempts to tip the staff they would not take the money... I live in Asia and this is hard to believe. I would definitely recommend this hotel even though you would never find it if you walked right past it on the street. Thanks again to all the staff at the Golden Sun Villa Hotel I will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo