“One choice, many surprises!!!”
Review of Nam Hai 1 Hotel

Nam Hai 1 Hotel
Ranked #415 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Last time when i stay in nam hai 1 hotel, i felt that this is quite a very good place to live, even long time when you travel for business. The atmosphere was very warm and the staffs were smart and helpful with alot of recommendations for me after days of tired of dealing with my business concerns. The busy May Ma street is very ideal for accessing to the other corners of hanoi city and it is filled with souvenir shop and handicraft products. The most thing i don't really like is that the street was always in traffic congestion every afternoon that so much noise from vehicles. Anyway, your hotel is very incredible and lovely. Thanks so much for your all treatment during my time. I will come back Vietnam soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2010

I write this just to share my own feelings to friends all over the world about my favorite hotel in Hanoi. Last month when i had a chance for coming back hanoi after years living and working in saigon far from my beloved city, i was introduced with Nam Hai hotel, and that was also my first time staying there. the first impression is that all the staffs are very brisk and helpful, the lobby is spartial too. I was allocated to the room 601, this is a very excellent room with great balcony so that i could recall my childish memories when i used to play with my friends under the tiny tiled old houses of the Old Quarter. That worked so much. Every morning, i could enjoy the fresh air outdoor and listen to the rare rythm of the quiet old street before it start for a new day. Breakfast is also plentiful with foods and drinks. And the prominent, i think, is the budget value that this hotel can supply. Days of staying in Nam Hai hotel accompannied with my valuable time in Hanoi that did make my great memories about the fatherland once again. Thank you so much, whenever i have chance for coming back, surely i want to pay a visit to my friendly place- Nam Hai.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2010

This was our second trip and we loved the Nam Hai 1 just as much as the first time. We stayed 2 nights at another hotel but had to come back to Nam Hai 1. The staff were very accommodating with part day use while waiting to go to Sapa and early check-in on our return from Sapa. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Excellent sized rooms at this price. Breakfast is interesting and varied on a daily basis. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I have been in Nam Hai hotel last month, and it was the best time when I was first in Hanoi. The hotel is in great atmosphere, plentiful services from within to the outback. The busy Ma May Street is very ideal for going to the other corners of Hanoi city. Hotel staffs are very professional and helpful. They always help dealing with travel concerns with the bright smiles. We stayed for 2 nights when first coming there, then they scheduled us a wonderful trip to discover the wild Northern West of Vietnam, following our demand. Duc, one of the staff there, is very experienced; he is very professional when solving out bringing customers’ problems, he can also shows you the best guidance for your valuable time when you’re in Hanoi. Thank you so much Nam Hai hotel. We will surely come to you next time when we travel to Hanoi.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Surviveren
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Two stays here at the Nam Hai. Quiet rooms were newly renovated and worth returning. Ill health kept us room bound for a few days and the staff supplied medicine late at night and showed much concern in the following days. Taxis were arranged and flights and tours as well. Free breakfasts were included in a substantial buffet, rooms were cleaned well and daily. Staff were friendly and helpful. An enjoyable place to share Tet - Chuc Mung Nam Moi!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I used the Nam Hai 1 on three occasions over a 10 day peroid. It is extremely central in the old quarter. The hotel is well appointed and clean. The staff were professional and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Julie Australia

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2009

During 4 weeks in Vietnam, we aimed for 3 star hotels priced USD30-40. We looked for the Anh Dao from a recommendation in the Lets Go guidebook, and found it transformed into the 3-star Nam Hai 1. We selected a queen bed room for USD30. It was clean and comfortable though a little cramped as it was crowded with fantastic wooden furniture inlaid with mother-of-pearl. The breakfast buffet (included in price) was adequate but not exciting. The location was great; right in the Old Quarter. Laundry was reasonably priced and returned within a few hours each time. We ended up keeping the room during our absence on a group tour to Sa Pa, just for the convenience. Our belongings were all intact when we arrived back. The staff mostly very friendly and spoke reasonable English. Free internet access from our room (computer provided though we preferred to use our laptop) was fast. Overall, would happily stay there again if we return to Hanoi.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple