“Good location, but hight price”
Review of Bao Khanh Hotel

Ranked #473 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stay many time in Bao Khanh hotel due to business trip, because is near my office (15min by car), good location, near lake, hotel staff is friendly...everything was good except price too hight. I wish to have some special price during my next trip to Hanoi for Hoiliday with my family and friend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Khách Sạn B, Guest Relations Manager at Bao Khanh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Mr Tony,

Thank you for your comments! I am glad to hear that you had many good stays with us before at Bao Khanh Hotel that you enjoyed your room and the hotel's location and our staff.

Concerning our room rates, we have a variety of room categories so that you can easily choose one that suitable for your budget. Besides, we are launching the promotion for loyal patrons that you can achieve a good deal by emailing directly with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends, family back to Bao Khanh Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi!

Tom/Mr

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed there one night with my wife durning our quick visit to Hanoi. The location is really good as you are only 2 min walk from the lake and right next to the old quarter. The standard is ok for the price you pay. A nice touch were the fresh flowers in our room and free upgrade as we were on honeymoon. However the breakfast could be much better. The staff is friendly though not always able to fully comunicate, especially on the phone. I suppose it is ok for one or two nights, but not much more than that

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Khách Sạn B, Guest Relations Manager at Bao Khanh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliment on our hotel and services.

I have spoken with our Chef and now we are in the process of creating new breakfast items that will be more exciting.

I also apologize for the unclear communication from our staff and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will do our best to ensure that our staff has the necessary training to communicate clearly to be able to welcome you back to Bao Khanh Hotel on your next trip Hanoi.

Tom/Mr.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Firstly I would like to say I only booked here because my tour company was supposed to end at this hotel.

I'm not real picky when it comes to Hotels at all but when you walk through the door and see a cockroach in the bathroom and one in the bedroom you know something isn't quite right.

Also the hotel staff can be rude and inconsiderate at times. Before 8am they started doing handy man work. All I could here was banging on the wall and the sound of cutting wood! Couldn't they have waited until the middle of the day when they know no one is asleep?

Breakfast is also Terrible. I ended up going to the real kangaroo cafe on the ground floor!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank BuBbLeGuM_kIkI
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The hotel is comfortable and clean with amenities you expect to Western standards. Not luxurious but still pretty nice. In a good location off Bao Khanh street, not far away from Old Quarter and the lake. Room stay comes with breakfast in the top floor restaurant and bar, and while not out of the ordinary has a wide range of breakfast items, including an egg, omelette station and a pho station.

I was especially impressed with the service we received from the concierge. I wish I remembered her name, but the lady we went to all the time was very friendly, spoke good English and was very helpful in helping us get around and solve any problems we had during the trip. I would recommend this place on service alone!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2013

First up was the Bao Khanh Hotel, which is where I stayed with my Contiki Tour. I didn’t take any photos of the place, as to be honest it was pretty basic and not very special. The beds were fine, the rooms were clean (although rather small), the breakfast was nice and the location was good – but there was nothing extra or anything that made it stand out. Just a typical middle-of the range 3-star hotel. Would stay again, but no longer than 1 or 2 nights.

See full review: passportpacked.com

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed twice 2 years ago. I was there enroute though Hanoi and enjoyed the hotel.
The room price included breakfast buffet with all US and Vietnamese foods offered.
The roof top resturant has great veiws
Yes the hot water is spotty ,the internet access also not super.The travel desk was most helpful
Yes it is a bit older than some,but the location for me is key.
Adjacent to the Hoam Kien Lake( a great place to walk jog read think people watch) and Buddhist site,the Ledgends microbrew resturant ,the outside upper deck affords the best veiws
overlooking the infamous Hanoi traffic rotary,short walk in many old neighborhoods water puppets and the night market around the corner.
I left a large duffle there for 10 days in storage no charge untouched
You get what you pay for.If you can be comfy in a 3 star hotel this is OK for you
You can walk to the SOFEHOTEI from there I think the suites start at $1000 us a night
I would go back a good place to stay a few and go on .
RS

Room Tip: all elevator or stair access to the back I think is quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Great location, Only 2 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake; and 10 minutes walk to the famous Thang Long Water Puppet Theater. The hotel is located in the famous Old Quarters area. Very easy to do shopping and to get food. The room is clean and very comfortable. They have coffee/tea kettle in the room but unfortunately they forgot to put tea..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends