“Great service, clean rooms”

Oriental Central Hotel
Ranked #20 of 595 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Welcome drinks on arrival and staff going to great pains to learn our names and welcome us - something some people will love, something that made us giggle and feel awkward (it was cute though). We were on level 6, one flight of stairs past the lifts, but they carried our bags, so no dramas. A double-glazed window with a Venetian blind looked into the stairwell. Armed with eye mask and ear plugs, I was fine. Though my travel companion was bothered by the light of the stairwell that was on all night and the breakfast preparation noises in the morning. A small room, but we were just sleeping, not doing aerobics, so all good. Complimentary snacks were a nice touch. Overall a lovely place to stay and very attentive and helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Oriental Central Hotel

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was honestly the best service I have ever encountered, matching that of the Ritz-Carlton Toronto, which is really saying a lot for a small hotel and something I did not expect! Beautiful rooms, nice bathrooms (careful about the drainage problem in all Old Quarter hotels, and expect alot of water on the floor!) and wonderful breakfast. Jenny and all of the front desk staff were simply amazing during my many requests and change of travel plans based on weather. When they could not accommodate me for another night, they were sure to book me at a neighbouring hotel for a lower rate and were so apologetic about the understandably lesser amenities that they had me come back to their hotel for breakfast, to store my luggage, use the internet, etc! One example of the exemplary service: my laptop died while there, the first day of my 2-week trip. After they had several staff members try to fix it, they insisted on providing me with a driver (the concierge on his motorbike) to take me to a recommended computer shop where nobody spoke English. No problem! The staff called ahead, explained my problem, also explained it to the Concierge so he could take care of me and in the end all i had to do was buy a new power cord for a price less than half that in N America, and enjoy the crazy ride thru Old Quarter streets on a motorbike, clutching my laptop which they had bundled up securely to avoid the rain! They refused to even accept a tip for such service, which in the end took approx 2 hours of their time on a busy Saturday morning (I also needed a camera part from a specialty store). It must certainly be the best value for money EVER! I wish it was closer and I could come more often, just to experience the great staff.

Room Tip: Staff suggested a higher floor for less street noise; either way, one needs to keep the windows shut...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lmtaillefer
Reviewed 21 March 2014

my friend and I went to Vietnam and wanted to stay somewhere central, clean, reasonably priced and with a helpful staff. Oriental boutique hotel blew me away with all 4 of those categories! UNBELIEVABLY helpful and kind staff. My friend and I (2 females) were taken care of like family. We loved the staff! SHOUT OUT TO JENNY AND DONG - WE LOVE YOU! They were all so helpful and were looking out for our best interests. They helped us book flights, drivers, etc. the breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were clean and aesthetically pleasing. The location was central but not too loud. Near the backpackers area and bars if you're trying to get some fun nightlife in, and close to many of the historical spots. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank Sheida N
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is a gem right in the middle of the old quarter. Nice, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast and a great travel desk to arrange all your trips - Halong Bay, etc. What really sets this hotel apart, though, is the staff. They are fabulous: friendly, accommodating, willing to take care of any need you may have. We stayed for a couple of nights before we headed off to Halong Bay organized through them. When we returned they greeted us by name and upgraded our room. Nice touches that we really appreciated.

Stay here and you will remember it.

Room Tip: The end rooms on each floor are a bit larger.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 22Sam59
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is my first time experience in this hotel, service very great and staff very helpful during my stay. The room very nice and clean, breakfast very nice.

All the staff in this hotel made my trip very great. very good value for money.

Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed three nights and loved this boutique hotel and it's staff. The rooms are not large as with any boutique hotel but are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included and offers a good selection of fruit, breads and hot items such as omelettes and french toast. With out a doubt though the staff are why you should stay here. They arranged a boat tour of Halong Bay and tickets to a water puppet show for us as well as transportation to the airport when it was time to leave. They provide a good city map and on the back list suggestions for food, sight seeing and entertainment. They have a same day laundry service if clothing is received by 10 am at a very reasonable price. The staff speak English very well so communication is easy. All of this for $50US a night. It is not a wonder they are no 1 on trip advisor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We've stayed for 3 nights at Oriental Central (Feb 2014). Very-very cozy place, walking streets are just two steps away from the hotel, nice and helpful staff, everything's clean, no single sound from the outside in the room (which is not typical for Hanoi hotels), good breakfast, etc. Can't say anything bad about Oriental Central. Highly recommended! Dmitry, Russia

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple