“Extremely kind staff”

Ranked #18 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Toronto, Canada
“Extremely kind staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Oriental Central Hotel for 3 nights while I was in Hanoi. All the staff I meet during my stay were extremely kind, helpful, and accommodating. I would highly recommend the Oriental Central Hotel and I will gladly go back should I find myself in Hanoi in the future. Oriental Central Hotel is accommodating for backpack, couple, and family travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Phuket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I recently stayed here and I would definitely recommend Oriental Central Hotel to anyone I know going to Hanoi. It was centrally located and I have to say there is the best customer service here. There is nothing the staff would not do for us....well within reason! When it rained they gave us umbrellas, we were given a lap top to borrow when we needed to get on the internet (the only thing was the internet connection was not always great), they also gave me an appropriate adaptor to borrow so I could charge my camera. One of the staff members Brian helped us get taxis whenever we needed them so we didn't get ripped off and also organized a car to pick us up to and from the airport for a very reasonable price US$18.... and he even organized a car to pick us up and take us to out hotel at our next stop in Hoi an from the airport. Probably the best part was when we came back to the hotel after being in Sapa and they offered us a shower and breakfast before we went on to Halong bay. I wish the staff were as good all around the world!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skiddlemcdiddle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We were greeted and welcomed even before stepping into the hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful, it was like staying with friends who will go out of their way to help you. Lana, the manager, was exceptionally nice and really great to chat with. Whenever we came back to the hotel, the staff would serve us ice cold water if we linger at the lobby. Not many hotels will do that for you even though it's a simple gesture. It's the thought that counts! We stayed there for only 2 days but wished it was longer. Time really flies when you're having fun. The people of Oriental Central Hotel have shown us the best side of Hanoi. I will definitely return to the hotel if I ever go to Hanoi again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Foo Kok W
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a total of 3 nights in between trips to Halong Bay and Sapa and they couldn't have been more accommodating. We even woke up the staff by accident when we arrived from Sapa on the early morning train around 5:00 AM. They made us coffee despite our protests and then checked us into our room before 9:00. The location is great if you can deal with the assault of motorbikes the moment you step out the door. Rooms are very modern and clean. But the staff definitely makes this place with their effort to get to know each guest. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel! It is good located near the Hoan Kim lake. The rooms are very clean and nice decorated. Staff is very helpfull and friendly and supports you in booking trips train tickets etc.
Absolutely nothing to complain about!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Babbacon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has very good ratings and they are justified! I whole-heartedly can recommend it. The staff was so nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfy. Good breakfast and perfect location in the old town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
motueka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in a room called a Junior Suite. However, as I have found in other Vietnam hotels this is a misnomer as the room we had was most definitely not my impression of a Junior Suite (only about 35sq mtrs). However, the room was well presented, had a comfortable king size bed, an OK en suite (rain shower could have had better flow) and a good aircon. Reception on arrival was excellent with a welcoming drink whilst being told about hotel and Hanoi. Taken to room by receptionist and shown how everything operated. Room was on 7th floor and overlooked the busy street. Noise from the street was not a problem,
The breakfast room was on ground floor and functional. Food choice was good and orders for hot food taken at table.
The hotel is well situated being just 2 blocks from Hoan Kiem Lake and on the edge of the old town.
What made this hotel was the staff. Very friendly and eager to please. A bonus was the free pickup from the airport that was included due to our 3 night stay. Furthermore, the return to the airport was only US$17 in the hotel car.
Overall a great choice of 3 star hotel in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Noise was not a problem on 7th floor so higher the better.