“Great little gem”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #11 of 405 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We originally were planning on staying here for 2 nights but extended it as they helped us book a trip to Halong Bay and Sapa and let us use the hostel as a go between.
We got breakfast when we arrived which was a welcome surprise and again between our trips.
The trips we booked with them were amazing and If you get the chance definitely do the homestay in Sapa - highlight of Vietnam for me.
The rooms were clean although no widow did make it smell a little damp but overall fine. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
There is a common area downstairs with free tea and fruit all day. Also a great way to meet people.
The location is good and is only a 5/10 min walk to the lake. They give you a detailed map when you arrive.
I would recommend this place if your going to Hanoi.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Little Hanoi Hostel

Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Need somewhere to stay for 1 night before heading to halong bay.

Clean and tidy, tea, coffee, some fruit when ever you would like and breakfast was hearty and a good choice.

We booked the overnight boat trip to halong bay through this hostel, very easy and even for about 30USD off the price!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Little Hanoi Hostel, 48 Hang Ga Street in Old Quarters. With a Strategic location, you can go anywhere from here. They arranged for free airport pick-up. Breakfast was superb and many varieties. Room was ok to me, nice, cozy, clean with a reasonable price. Kim & David from the Reception are very helpful and friendly. Kim was very informative on the Tour. We booked Halong Bay 2 Days 1 Night. She introduced us Halong Fantasea. Reasonable Price and good food. No regret at all booking the tour. We are very satisfied with their excellent service. If I have a chance to come to Hanoi in the future, I will definitely come back and stay at Little Hanoi Hostel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orquidearoja
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My daughter and i stayed at the little hanoi for a few nights. and found David and Kim at reception Fantastic. Extremely helpful with everything including tour bookings, pick up from airport etc. Rooms were basic but good and clean. Free fruit and tea,coffee. Breakfast included. Reccommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank surfer302302
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly and helpful. Free airport pickup if you stay in double room for 2 nights. We arrive late and they picked up someone else by accident from the airport but within 5 mins had arranged a new pick up! Breakfast is included and is pretty good. Rooms not bad but not worth the price, could be a little cheaper for how slightly above basic they are. Comfortable bed and warm covers. A great little place in brill location. Staff speak good English!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 1 February 2013

we stayed in the little hanoi hostel at the beginning and at the end of our trip.
when we arrived in Vietnam we were picked up at the airport without any problems.
the staff in the hostel is very very (!) firendly and they really care about their guests. its a very good place to arrive and to orient oneself!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I slept 2 nights in this hotel as a solo traveller. I arrived from Amsterdam and had a nice airport pick up.
Because I arrived that early the room was not ready, but they gave me free breakfast anyway.

The room was ok. Slept on the 2nd floor but it was quite noisy. Later I found out that every hotel in this budget is noisy.

The service they gave was great. They sold me good tours and advised me very well in the tours. They also arranged my train tickets including pick up. After every tour I could come back and wait for my new pick up even when I did not have a room there. Very nice!

Room Tip: Ask a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo