All reviewshalong bayprivate roomold quarterfree coffee and teaair conbooking toursnight busairport pickupa great stayrooms are cleannight markettripsbackpackerslakelaundryquarterstaxis
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I spend two nights in the dorm room and I was really glad that I chose this hostel. The staff is super nice and helpful! I went to an overnight trip to Baitulong Bay and I could leave my luggage here. Also, when I came back I could take a shower and chill out in the common area.
Another plus: easy to get here from the airport by cheap public bus!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

If your looking for clean facilities, friendly and helpful staff, and a hostel that's easy on a budget and in the Old Quarter, little Hanoi is the right place. I cannot stress how the staff goes above and beyond our expectations. They are also very knowledgable of the surrounding city and Ha Long bay tours. They took care of arranging the tour, as well as getting us a train ticket. This is an excellent hostel!! One of the best I've stayed at throughout my 3 month backpacking travels through SEA.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Little Hanoi hostel offer an excellent service by collecting you at the airport & driving you through the scenic townships until reaching Hanoi. Once dropped off you are welcomed by reception & show to your quarters.
The room itself is basic yet clean with a decent bathroom, there is also a bowl of fruit offered in the room.

At reception you are able to organize potentially any tour you want to undertake from Hanoi City tours, Halong, Halong Bay, Sapa etc. I had the privilege of meeting with a local whom showed me most of the city sights. The main city centre lake & it’s temples are in close proximity & well worth the visit. There are various clothing outlets, bakeries, restaurants, malls, bars all within walking distance.

It is very important to be entirely flexible upon arriving as you may change your itinerary upon being presented with several site choices. This I found upon my stay switching from a long Halong Bay cruise to a 2 night 3 day Sapa trek. All is easily organized via reception whom allocate seating, tickets & transfers.

Breakfast was 1 of the highlights with freshly made baguettes, omelettes, fruit salad, milkshakes, coffee all freshly ground & the ingredients collected courtesy of Hanoi locals.

I would highly recommend this place for someone wanting to get their feet wet or a newcomer to Hanoi. Stayed November/December 2010.

Room Tip: Do enjoy a trip to the markets & dine with the locals!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Great hostel all round and highly recommended. The team were extremely helpful, with Maria helping to book our train tickets for throughout Vietnam before we'd stepped foot in the country.

Rooms and location excellent plus nice breakfast is a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The room was clean and there was very powerful air conditioning and a fridge which was very useful. There were no windows in the rooms (only 2 more expensive rooms had windows) so there was a lack of natural light. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very nice. I found the staff were overly friendly which made me a bit scared to walk past them - every time we left the hostel we were asked "Where are you going?" and while this was intended to be friendly I found it a bit intrusive. They were always keen to engage us in conversation - some of which was quite odd.

Room Tip: Only two rooms have windows so ask for one of them if you like natural light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple