All reviews halong bay private room old quarter free coffee and tea booking tours airport pickup a great stay rooms are clean night market backpackers lake laundry quarters taxis
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We are first timers to Hanoi, and was recommended this hostel by a friend who stayed here as well. For USD $22 a night, the service and hospitality was beyond expectations! Free pick-up from the airport, daily breakfast, complimentary tea and coffee at the lobby the whole day! Upon our pick-up from the airport, we were greeted by Kim. While arranging for our rooms and check- in, we were served with breakfast, you can have a choice of western or local breakfast. We also requested the hostel to arrange our 2 days 1 night tour to Halong Bay. Just tell them your budget and they are able to advise you on tour options available. Not only Halong Bay, but the City Tours and Sapa trekking as well. Rooms was spacious, clean, AC was good, May is a hot season to travel in Hanoi!! Location is strategic and is walking distance to the lakes, eateries, shops. The local bank is just opposite the hostel, which is convenient for currency exchange.

Bring your own set of toiletries as they only provide soap, (towels provided), and there are no lifts in this hostel, so prepare for some stair climbing or request for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.

Great service, excellent staffs, highly recommended hostel!! Thanks to Kim and David, the staffs who were a lot of help and treated us well!!

Room Tip: Most rooms have no windows, so if you want a room with windows, make sure to request with the staff at the hostel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cynsabella
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Nice hostel in the old quarter of Hanoi. Excellent staff who will help you with everything and are very friendly. Helped us book a good trip to Ha Long Bay and a ticket to Sapa. No problems whatsoever. Would reccommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hufc90
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I spend two nights in the dorm room and I was really glad that I chose this hostel. The staff is super nice and helpful! I went to an overnight trip to Baitulong Bay and I could leave my luggage here. Also, when I came back I could take a shower and chill out in the common area.
Another plus: easy to get here from the airport by cheap public bus!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

If your looking for clean facilities, friendly and helpful staff, and a hostel that's easy on a budget and in the Old Quarter, little Hanoi is the right place. I cannot stress how the staff goes above and beyond our expectations. They are also very knowledgable of the surrounding city and Ha Long bay tours. They took care of arranging the tour, as well as getting us a train ticket. This is an excellent hostel!! One of the best I've stayed at throughout my 3 month backpacking travels through SEA.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Little Hanoi hostel offer an excellent service by collecting you at the airport & driving you through the scenic townships until reaching Hanoi. Once dropped off you are welcomed by reception & show to your quarters.
The room itself is basic yet clean with a decent bathroom, there is also a bowl of fruit offered in the room.

At reception you are able to organize potentially any tour you want to undertake from Hanoi City tours, Halong, Halong Bay, Sapa etc. I had the privilege of meeting with a local whom showed me most of the city sights. The main city centre lake & it’s temples are in close proximity & well worth the visit. There are various clothing outlets, bakeries, restaurants, malls, bars all within walking distance.

It is very important to be entirely flexible upon arriving as you may change your itinerary upon being presented with several site choices. This I found upon my stay switching from a long Halong Bay cruise to a 2 night 3 day Sapa trek. All is easily organized via reception whom allocate seating, tickets & transfers.

Breakfast was 1 of the highlights with freshly made baguettes, omelettes, fruit salad, milkshakes, coffee all freshly ground & the ingredients collected courtesy of Hanoi locals.

I would highly recommend this place for someone wanting to get their feet wet or a newcomer to Hanoi. Stayed November/December 2010.

Room Tip: Do enjoy a trip to the markets & dine with the locals!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo