“Great hostel”

Ranked #11 of 362 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great hostel”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the bathroom had hot water, as long as you remembered to turn on the heater! Only got wifi in the lobby/dining area but it was decent, booked a tour and a sleeper bus through the hostel and both were good value and what I wanted. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a wonderful place.When I first arrived at Little Hanoi Hostel 1 I had just gotten off the night bus from Hue and was merely stopping through to visit some friends - my own reservation wasn't for another few days, after a journey that night to Sapa via night train. The staff was friendly, still offered me coffee, and let me store my bags there for the day until heading off that night. The above and beyond service began when I realized I did not, in fact, have a reservation for a night train - terrible surprise!! The desk attendant, DavidLuong Bui, heard me telling me friends and offered his help and sprang into action. After making multiple calls he managed to book the train I needed, despite it being last minute and the weekend. Incredible! He saved my trip to Sapa, which ended up being one of my favorite parts of Vietnam. Upon return to stay at the hostel I also booked my tour to Halong Bay through the hostel, in addition to enjoying both the dorm room and delicious breakfast. One of my favorite hostels in all of Vietnam! Definitely stay if you get the chance, and give my regards to David!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 19 March 2014

best staff in vietnã, very helpful and polite. cheap and clean hotel, great location. i spent 3 nights there and the next time i go to hanoi i will definitely stay there again. great value, i highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I really can't begin to explain how friendly and knowledgeable the staff of the Little Hanoi Hostel are. Between booking my trip to Ha Long Bay, my train ticket to Hue and guiding me to the best food spots in Hanoi, Lily, David and the team were fantastic from start to finish. The dorms are clean and great value, and the staff really went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The free tea/coffee/fruit in the lobby is an added bonus. A really great place to begin my trip to Vietnam!

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in little Hanoi Hostel a couple of nights and really enjoy the place.
Most of all the staff make the place and are really helpful!
David always take time to talk with his guest and give very good informations about the cities, places to see, eat... !
Thanks a lot for making my stay in Hanoi one of the best experience in Vietnam !

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 16 March 2014

They are just wonderfully friendly, helpful and knowledgable! On my 2 weeks travel in Vietnam it was my first hostel. They helped me with all of my many many questions, organized a greatly interesting tour to Sapa with a local guide, organized another tour to Halong bay, where I had quite a few special wishes, took care of my luggage while is was away, let me eat for free and shower, even though I was not staying with them anymore but just on my way to to airport, ...
Also, breakfast is great, coffee and fruits andd plenty and free, rooms are also good and really clean. Thank you!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I really loved the friendly staff members David and Lily. First of all David helped us book a tour to Sapa. Since we had some bad experiences with tours before, we gave him a hard time by asking a lot of questions. He answered all of them with a smile and made sure that we were comfortable with the choice we made. It turned out to be a great tour. When we came back he remembered us very well and asked to see pics of the tour etc. It felt like coming home. Helpful in any way, that is what they are. Always a smile, always a good laugh. You will feel welcome with such great personel. You can ask them anything: I booked flight tickets, traintickets etc. via them and all for a fair price and very detailed information. Thumbs up for them! Also: such luxury to have free fruit and coffee/tea at all times in the lobby! Great to have a safe bagstorage as well, I left some stuff there since I would be travelling around for one week. Everything was still there when I returned. Great laundry service as well, smelled good :) Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo