“Tonys!!!!!”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #13 of 436 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was living in Hanoi (an expat), but my apartment is about an hour away from the city as this is where I work. Whenever my travel buddy and I wanted to have a night in Hanoi city, we would have to stay in a hotel. He was obsessed with the backpackers, but I wanted something a bit quieter so I would go out and find little hotels to stay in on my own. I checked out many, but nothing was as good as tonys!!! Very friendly staff, clean rooms (private, might i add. IN another hotel the walls were so thin that i could hear the owner having a bath), nice provisions, ideal location and very cheap!
the staff and other guests were awesome!

booked a hop-on-hop-off bus with them that leaves today, all the way to Ho Chi Minh, so we'll see how that goes!

Room Tip: If you're a vegetarian (or a fruitarian like me), bring your own food or be prepared to eat else...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had a wonderful stay here for 3 nights. The hotel is situated in a great location and the free breakfast and free fruit all day is a great bonus. What really stood out for me was the customer service from David and lily-nothing was too much trouble and they are genuinely such nice people. David in particular was fantastic-he sorted an issue out for me without any fuss and with grace-a very rare thing in Asia!! You would be silly to stay anywhere else. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and the bathroom had hot water, as long as you remembered to turn on the heater! Only got wifi in the lobby/dining area but it was decent, booked a tour and a sleeper bus through the hostel and both were good value and what I wanted. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a wonderful place.When I first arrived at Little Hanoi Hostel 1 I had just gotten off the night bus from Hue and was merely stopping through to visit some friends - my own reservation wasn't for another few days, after a journey that night to Sapa via night train. The staff was friendly, still offered me coffee, and let me store my bags there for the day until heading off that night. The above and beyond service began when I realized I did not, in fact, have a reservation for a night train - terrible surprise!! The desk attendant, DavidLuong Bui, heard me telling me friends and offered his help and sprang into action. After making multiple calls he managed to book the train I needed, despite it being last minute and the weekend. Incredible! He saved my trip to Sapa, which ended up being one of my favorite parts of Vietnam. Upon return to stay at the hostel I also booked my tour to Halong Bay through the hostel, in addition to enjoying both the dorm room and delicious breakfast. One of my favorite hostels in all of Vietnam! Definitely stay if you get the chance, and give my regards to David!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

best staff in vietnã, very helpful and polite. cheap and clean hotel, great location. i spent 3 nights there and the next time i go to hanoi i will definitely stay there again. great value, i highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I really can't begin to explain how friendly and knowledgeable the staff of the Little Hanoi Hostel are. Between booking my trip to Ha Long Bay, my train ticket to Hue and guiding me to the best food spots in Hanoi, Lily, David and the team were fantastic from start to finish. The dorms are clean and great value, and the staff really went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The free tea/coffee/fruit in the lobby is an added bonus. A really great place to begin my trip to Vietnam!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in little Hanoi Hostel a couple of nights and really enjoy the place.
Most of all the staff make the place and are really helpful!
David always take time to talk with his guest and give very good informations about the cities, places to see, eat... !
Thanks a lot for making my stay in Hanoi one of the best experience in Vietnam !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo