“Excellent Hostel”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #11 of 405 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Cheap and great hotel! Great location as well. Best part of all was the customer service. David and Lily were really helpful and friendly. They gave us recommendations for food, as well as, shopping. The room was cosy and clean while the toilets are well maintained. For those going to Hanoi for a short stay, this hostel is highly recommended! Once again, thank you David and Lily for your excellent services!

There are newer reviews for Little Hanoi Hostel

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Nice place to stay, the staff are very helpful, rooms are comfortable and tidy, worth a stay for sure!

Booked a trip to Halong Bay through the hostel, they had no problems changing my reservation so I could stay at Halong for the night.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed 3 days and 2 nights in Hanoi last week with my friend. I got a clean and tidy room, clean toilet and good breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Internet connection was good. A good location makes this hostel quite famous and I made friendship with the other travelers.

Overall, I feel satisfied and plan to book this hostel again in the future if i go to Hanoi.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hands down best customer service I've ever received, the staff went beyond the call of duty. David and Kim made my trip truly memorable...I wish I could've brought them back home with me because they treat me better than most of my friends do lol.
As for the property itself it could use a touch up here and there but honestly its a hostel and not a hotel so you have to keep that in mind. Also forgot to mention the breakfast in amazeballs! Thanks again for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for one night and were delighted with our stay and experience. David was unbelievably helpful and sorted out all requests with a smile on his face. It really made the trip a lot easier. He booked train tickets and taxis for us and all at the correct price. The other staff were also helpful and friendly.
The room was basic but clean and the shower was nice. There is free coffee and fresh fruit in the lobby which is a nice touch. There is no wifi in the room but it is available for free in the lobby. Would highly recommended this hotel at just $20 a night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The staff here are fantastic; they're friendly, helpful and professional. They'll sort out a decent taxi for you and let you know how much you should be paying and try to help if there's a problem.

However, there are negatives which mean if I was in Hanoi again I wouldn't go back. There's no WiFi in the rooms which is a shame. It comes through occasionally but never for very long. The dorm room on the ground floor is just off the lobby and the door blocks absolutely no noise which is annoying if you want to sleep after 8am or so. A couple of the rooms did seem a little damp (we ended up in a few different rooms depending on how many of us where there). I'm not sure if it was the weather and that's standard for the time of year or not.

Overall I'd say this place is OK, location is OK but not brilliant. It's the staff that make it a 4 star review rather than a 3 though.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was living in Hanoi (an expat), but my apartment is about an hour away from the city as this is where I work. Whenever my travel buddy and I wanted to have a night in Hanoi city, we would have to stay in a hotel. He was obsessed with the backpackers, but I wanted something a bit quieter so I would go out and find little hotels to stay in on my own. I checked out many, but nothing was as good as tonys!!! Very friendly staff, clean rooms (private, might i add. IN another hotel the walls were so thin that i could hear the owner having a bath), nice provisions, ideal location and very cheap!
the staff and other guests were awesome!

booked a hop-on-hop-off bus with them that leaves today, all the way to Ho Chi Minh, so we'll see how that goes!

Room Tip: If you're a vegetarian (or a fruitarian like me), bring your own food or be prepared to eat else...