“Great breakfast and staff ”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #16 of 473 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Landed in hanoi at 4:30am found the hostel and sat outside for a while. Porter opened when he heard us and let us come in and have tea or coffee until check in and even offered is breakfast when we did check in. Room was fine no complaints. Lily at reception was lovely gave us map and recommended places to eat . Later gave us advise on a boat trip to take for halong bay , we did not take and regret. Papaya cruise. NO WAY. do not take the budget deals. We left our luggage and went on trip when we got back they moved us to there hostel around the corner. No problem a couple of minutes walk. Little hanoi diamond. Rooms was way bigger and nicer and breakfast as a small buffet. Really good and again tea and coffee and fruit free all day. Booked our tickets to sapa through them. Staff were great and just not pushy.great place to stay and so central. Thank you little hanoi.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed for one night at the Hanoi Nonprofit Hostel up the street, and moved immediately the next morning to Little Hanoi b/c the Nonprofit was completely devoid of travelers to meet. The dorm at Little Hanoi was a good value at $6/night - very clean beds, nice big lockers for your bags (ok - not big if you're traveling with an 80 L backpack, but if you are, stop it right now. You have too much stuff.) Free breakfast and computers were a big plus, as well as the endlessly helpful staff. David was a charmer and gave me great food recommendations, and Lily offered me an umbrella when I went out into the drizzly morning.
Contrary to other dorm options (Hanoi Backpackers, Central, etc.), this one is smack in the middle of the action yet not surrounded by tacky touristy shops & restaurants. Delicious, authentic street food can be found a few minutes in any direction, and you won't feel like you're in a mini-Khao San Rd. The rooms are gloriously well-sealed to keep out the incessant noise of the street. My only complaint was that the first-floor dorm smelled faintly unpleasant, but not really noticeable or bothersome unless you are extremely nitpicky. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I mean it is a comfortable place to stay but they pass off a family room as a dorm. And although there were other beds spare, they asked me to sleep on a fold out camp bed and that was uncomfortable and folded in on me in the morning. .But I'm not so fussy amd will sleep anywhere..just didn't quite understand that one! But the staff are lovely. And there's tea, coffee and fruit all day in the reception area..and it's very affordable. It's a cosy sanctuary in the depths of February's rainy Hanoi.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staying here was a great experience. The staff are friendly and attentive. The rooms are nice and clean. The location is close to the main attractions in Hanoi. The free breakfast was a nice bonus. I will stay here if I return to Hanoi.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed 3 nights @ the "Little Hanoi Hostel" in March 2014 and was highly impressed by the customer service orientation and the genuine kindness of the staff at the reception.

The Hostel is ideally located right in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and groceries just around the corner. The free breakfast is excellent and you have free tea, coffee and fruits at any time.

Definitely, one of the best choice in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I used this hostel as a home-base when travelling to Halong Bay and Sapa - it was definitely a home away from home. Kim and David were so welcoming and nice to talk to. They were both keen to help me whether it be with food recommendations in the area, visa renewal, tour information, laundry, you name it! I so appreciated the complimentary breakfast and LOVED the fruit throughout the day. I am surprised I didn't put Little Hanoi Hostel out of business with how much fruit I gobbled! (HA!) I was also able to check-into my room early which I very much appreciated after overnight travel. I had a very personable experience at Little Hanoi and highly recommend it for this reason. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Cheap and great hotel! Great location as well. Best part of all was the customer service. David and Lily were really helpful and friendly. They gave us recommendations for food, as well as, shopping. The room was cosy and clean while the toilets are well maintained. For those going to Hanoi for a short stay, this hostel is highly recommended! Once again, thank you David and Lily for your excellent services!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends