“Great tours and hospitality.”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #12 of 423 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We didn't actually stay at this hostel, but booked back-to-back tours through their travel desk. The tours were reasonably priced and good quality, particularly the Sapa 4 night homestay trip. The Halong Bay one was a bit rushed, but that is not unusual.
Because our tours were back to back, we did actually spend a bit of time at the hostel. They were very accommodating, gave us 2x free breakfasts, free coffee (very nice coffee too!), free bottled water, free storage of valuables in safe and luggage in a store room and access to the shower room.
The staff were really helpful. The hostel is really popular, which can sometimes cause the reception staff to be run off their feet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at in a long time!

From the moment you walk in, the staff make you feel more than welcome. They are available at all hours to help, and will go out of their way to assist you.

The beds in the dorm room were seriously comfortable, each with their own light and power outlet. The room was air conditioned (but not too cold), had a secure locker for each guest, a TV, and a clean en suite with hot water.

Fresh towels were available whenever needed and there was an endless supply of free tea and coffee available all day. The options for the included breakfast were vast and very tasty.

The en suite had a bit of a foul smell to it at times due to the drainage system, and the noise from the kitchen and breakfast area travels to the ground floor dorm room which can result in an early wake up call, but overall these were completely minor issues that didn't really impact my stay here.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor dorm if possible due to noise from the kitchen and breakfast area early in th...
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a really pleasant stay in this hostel in the old quarter in Hanoi. It's the heart of the city we think. The staff was very helpfull. They booked us a taxi when needed, helped with booking a tour, creating plans and we always had a warm welcome. When we were on a trip to Sapa (worth the money!), we could leave our luggage, and even had free coffee, thea, fruit, water, a breakfast, and could have a powernap on return. When you want to make the most out of the city, do yourself a pleasure and book this hostel! That said, we had a double private room with airco and a private bathroom. Thank you! J&E

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have been traveling around SE Asia for 8 months and this was hands down the most helpful and friendly staff that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Little Hanoi Hostel really felt like my home while I was in Hanoi. They arranged the most amazing trip to Sapa for me and when I returned from Sapa early in the morning they fed me a free breakfast and rushed to get the room ready early for me. Thank you all so much for your help, I have enthusiastically recommended your place to everyone I meet heading your way.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The friendliest and most helpful staff that I experienced in all of Vietnam, solid breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms, place to leave your luggage while you're away on single- or multi-day trips, very affordable prices... what more can you ask for? Thank you especially to David for the laughs and tips to make my experience in Hanoi that much more enjoyable. Highly recommend this hostel for travellers of all types!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Landed in hanoi at 4:30am found the hostel and sat outside for a while. Porter opened when he heard us and let us come in and have tea or coffee until check in and even offered is breakfast when we did check in. Room was fine no complaints. Lily at reception was lovely gave us map and recommended places to eat . Later gave us advise on a boat trip to take for halong bay , we did not take and regret. Papaya cruise. NO WAY. do not take the budget deals. We left our luggage and went on trip when we got back they moved us to there hostel around the corner. No problem a couple of minutes walk. Little hanoi diamond. Rooms was way bigger and nicer and breakfast as a small buffet. Really good and again tea and coffee and fruit free all day. Booked our tickets to sapa through them. Staff were great and just not pushy.great place to stay and so central. Thank you little hanoi.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed for one night at the Hanoi Nonprofit Hostel up the street, and moved immediately the next morning to Little Hanoi b/c the Nonprofit was completely devoid of travelers to meet. The dorm at Little Hanoi was a good value at $6/night - very clean beds, nice big lockers for your bags (ok - not big if you're traveling with an 80 L backpack, but if you are, stop it right now. You have too much stuff.) Free breakfast and computers were a big plus, as well as the endlessly helpful staff. David was a charmer and gave me great food recommendations, and Lily offered me an umbrella when I went out into the drizzly morning.
Contrary to other dorm options (Hanoi Backpackers, Central, etc.), this one is smack in the middle of the action yet not surrounded by tacky touristy shops & restaurants. Delicious, authentic street food can be found a few minutes in any direction, and you won't feel like you're in a mini-Khao San Rd. The rooms are gloriously well-sealed to keep out the incessant noise of the street. My only complaint was that the first-floor dorm smelled faintly unpleasant, but not really noticeable or bothersome unless you are extremely nitpicky. I would definitely stay here again!