“Wonderful stay:)”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #16 of 453 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed in a dorm and it was really comfortable. Beds are excellent; aircon works perfectly; we got big lockers; bed linen and clean towels are free. Staff is the best: they will give you advice for anything you need. They organized trips to Sapa and Halong Bay for me that were great (small groups and at good price). It is also a great place to meet people.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Great location for Central Hanoi - everything is walkable.

The staff are super accommodating and booked a tour to Halong Bay (something I'd definitely recommend) as well as a flight and gave us some great recommendations of places to eat.

The breakfast wasn't great, but was decent. BUT the rooms were quality for a hostel - clean, roomy and safe.

I'd stay here again for sure.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I hadn't made any bookings in Hanoi and called Maria (owner) at 10 pm just before boarding my flight. She said someone will be waiting up for you and gave me crisp directions to the hostel and suggestions for the taxi. I was most touched when she called me (half way to the hostel) to check if I was safe and got a taxi. I reached the hostel at midnight and yes someone was waiting up. The gentleman was really polite and friendly and once I had checked in - asked if I'd like some tea. I remember telling myself that this was too good to be true.

I stayed in a mixed dorm and it really offered value for money! 6 wide and extra comfortable beds in a dorm obviously spelled SPACE! Clean bathrooms, linen, comfortable beds, sumptuous and varied breakfast options, tea and coffee through the day and extra friendly staff totally made my stay in Hanoi absolutely worth it!

I can't be thankful enough to the gentleman (staff) who called a cab for me at 5 am (when I checked out) in the morning and packed breakfast for me (without me even asking for it), His words 'You wake up really early, I packed breakfast cause you might be hungry)

Special mention should also be made of Kim and Dave who made my stay in Hanoi memorable!

Room Tip: The dorms are really clean and worth ever $ you spend!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at Little Hanoi for 4 nights during the month of May and can't recommend this place enough. As most of the reviews already say you feel welcomed here by the moment you step in. Beds in the sharing dormitory are pretty wide and you can choose breakfast out of a menu plus tea/coffee/fruits are available in the lobby during the whole day. I went on a 4 days tour to Halong Bay after my stay here and when back to Hanoi tried getting a room here again ( as it was that good) but they were already full. Believe or not David arranged a room for me and friend in a Hotel nearby for the same price we would have paid at Little Hanoi as he couldn't accommodate us . Totally class attitude ! Will definitely recommend this place to any friend visiting Hanoi ! Thank you guys! ... Roger and Aline

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RogerPires
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I arrived a few days later than planned after missing a flight, and the hostel couldn't have been better at helping me out. They sorted another airport transfer for me for my new flight, and helped my friends who were already in the hostel reshuffle the rooms we'd booked with no hassle.

The rooms are clean, light and airy, and the staff are super helpful and friendly, especially Dave! Included breakfast is also good.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here in May 2014 for a few nights in the dorm room. Rooms were for 6 people, $6 (Cheap!) had air con, Beds were wide and comfortable and lockers were provided. Great hot shower! And a generous breakfast menu with coffee/tea/fruit provided all day. Excellent, friendly and helpful staff were always at the ready to answer questions and assist. David is a funny cheerful guy full of humour with great english and is always ready to welcome you as soon as you step into the hotel. He was a great help in Hanoi! Kim is also just as helpful, smiley and friendly and I saw her as a lovely mother who would make sure I had my breakfast or had company for outings I had. Felt really welcomed here in this really well located hostel surrounded by many-a-many great street food places. Great family-style hotel. When i next return to Hanoi, I will most definitely be staying here. Thanks for the comfortable stay!

2  Thank usefulcritic
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great hostel experience for, we had a private room which was clean and had good facilities and the staff put up with us constantly changing our plans, the free great quality coffee and fruit was greatly appreciated as was the good breakfasts. The staff always had very helpful recommendations and where very friendly and easy to talk to, although there was some confusion as to which current to pay in according to different people on reception. Overall a great place to stay in Hanoi

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends