“My 3rd perfect stay here”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #11 of 371 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Wellington, New Zealand
“My 3rd perfect stay here”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My last trip to Hanoi saw me staying at the Little Hanoi Hostel for a 3rd time in the last 4 years. The staff are so helpful, friendly and always so welcoming. Nothing ever seems like too much of a chore. We asked them for their advice for taking a short stay trip from Hanoi while we were waiting for friends to arrive and they suggested a 2D1N trip to Mai Chau. We're so glad we booked this through them as our accommodation was great (slightly away from the main tourist-y 'town') and we had an excellent guide.

As for Little Hanoi Hostel- I've now stayed in a double, twin and triple room and they're always very clean and the beds are very comfortable. It's more like a hotel than a hostel (though I haven't stayed in the dorm). Also great breakfast with fruit available all day long.

I tell all my friends going to Hanoi to stay here with David and Lily and if it's full, Little Hanoi Hostel 2 is just as good and by the lake for perhaps a more slightly 'central' location. I like the 48 Hang Ga location as well, right in the old quarter which lots of great eateries around. Now it just feels like home whenever I go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hostel itself is lovely. It is clean, reasonably spacious and good value for money. But what makes it exceptional is the staff. They are friendly and really helpful without being pushy. We were advised on some amazing local places to eat and drink and felt looked after the whole time we were there. I would thoroughly recommend this place. It is a popular backpackers but we went as a family and they treated us all, particularly the children, really well. My daughter celebrated her birthday while we were staying there and they made it really special for her.

• Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed in a dorm (the 8-bed on the ground floor and the 4-bed on the top floor) both times I was here. The rooms are spacious as are the beds. The location is great and there are some amazing local restaurants. Breakfast is basic but there is free tea, coffee and fresh fruit all day. The staff were the best thing about this place especially Dave and Kim. They will answer any questions and are constantly smiling. I booked the Halong Bay tour through the hostel and it was really good value. There were only 5 of us on a 16 person boat and the food was plentiful and delicious. The boat was in good condition unlike many I saw and there was a top deck with loungers. I also met some great people here that I met up with again later on. They let me use the facilities of the hostel even after I checked out. They also organised a taxi pick-up from the airport when I arrived very early in the morning after a 16hr flight and they booked my onward train to Dong Hoi. I would highly recommend this place if you're in Hanoi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SGtravelfan
Ballina, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

stayed in the standard double room, small airconditioned with a large king bed and own facilities. Room is adequate for what we wanted. But the greatest highlight that makes this place a MUST STAY is the staff. Nothing is a problem for them to help you out while you stay here or leave Hanoi for trips to SAPA and Halong Bay. Ive stayed in a lot of places and the level of services here is just fabulous and most appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Iceland
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed in a dorm and it was really comfortable. Beds are excellent; aircon works perfectly; we got big lockers; bed linen and clean towels are free. Staff is the best: they will give you advice for anything you need. They organized trips to Sapa and Halong Bay for me that were great (small groups and at good price). It is also a great place to meet people.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Great location for Central Hanoi - everything is walkable.

The staff are super accommodating and booked a tour to Halong Bay (something I'd definitely recommend) as well as a flight and gave us some great recommendations of places to eat.

The breakfast wasn't great, but was decent. BUT the rooms were quality for a hostel - clean, roomy and safe.

I'd stay here again for sure.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I hadn't made any bookings in Hanoi and called Maria (owner) at 10 pm just before boarding my flight. She said someone will be waiting up for you and gave me crisp directions to the hostel and suggestions for the taxi. I was most touched when she called me (half way to the hostel) to check if I was safe and got a taxi. I reached the hostel at midnight and yes someone was waiting up. The gentleman was really polite and friendly and once I had checked in - asked if I'd like some tea. I remember telling myself that this was too good to be true.

I stayed in a mixed dorm and it really offered value for money! 6 wide and extra comfortable beds in a dorm obviously spelled SPACE! Clean bathrooms, linen, comfortable beds, sumptuous and varied breakfast options, tea and coffee through the day and extra friendly staff totally made my stay in Hanoi absolutely worth it!

I can't be thankful enough to the gentleman (staff) who called a cab for me at 5 am (when I checked out) in the morning and packed breakfast for me (without me even asking for it), His words 'You wake up really early, I packed breakfast cause you might be hungry)

Special mention should also be made of Kim and Dave who made my stay in Hanoi memorable!

Room Tip: The dorms are really clean and worth ever $ you spend!