“What a great introduction to Vietnam” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Hanoi Hostel

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #10 of 327 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Brisbane, Australia
“What a great introduction to Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Loved staying here. It was clean, comfortable and quiet and right in the centre of the action. Couldn't have asked for more of the room. Breakfast was good and fast each day and we really enjoyed our stay. The star of the place though is Kim, the hostess/reception lady. She was so attentive to our needs without being pushy. She has a great sense of humour which is so nice to find in a foreign country and we found her to be so helpful with advice and to really look out for her guests. This is our favourite place to have stayed in Vietnam so far and I think it will be hard to beat.

Room Tip: There is no lift so if stairs bother you ask for a lower level room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AugustineM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I cannot thank David enough for his kindness and the quality of the Little Hanoi Hostel. The hostel was clean, the breakfast was good, and the beds were comfortable. The dormitory room on the first floor was a bit tight on space, but the beds were large.

The best part of the hostel was the easily the staff. I traveled in South Asia for eight months without feeling like I was as well taken care of as I was with David. He gave advice without being pushy, and did not assume that because we were foreigners that were helpless and needed to be coddled. Overall, great experience.

Room Tip: The aisles between the dormitory bunks are tight, but the beds are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank D V
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great location. Decent rooms at a reasonable price. The breakfast is good and there is fruit and tea available throughout the day.

I have to say that a staff member - David (or handsome david as he liked to be called!!) ruined everything else about the hostel.

We planned to go in and out of Hanoi to go to Sapa, Halong Bay and get out return flight home. We were hoping to make LIttle Hanoi Hostel our base for the six days and book all our trade needs with them.

We sat down with David and he was full of information until we wanted to do a slightly different tour than what he wanted! We wanted a classic tour of Sapa on the train for three nights. He was pushing for us to go up north of Sapa on a private tour and he completely turned on us when we didn't want to sign up to that (it was his friend that had the home stay up north)

Anyway we booked what we wanted - albeit through an agency that he contacted.

We also wanted to book a tour of Ha long bay - we were stuck for time and David was very unhelpful again. We ended up using Friends Travel for this trip - a lot more professional.

As i said the hostel was fine but I felt we had to sneak past reception to avoid the staff who were overly intrusive.

Room Tip: Top floor was dated , second floor seemed better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank EBrennan_13
Butte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This was my favorite hostel during 6 weeks in SE Asia. The people who work there are so friendly and kind. The girl at the front desk called my room to tell me goodbye since she wouldn't see me depart the next day. They gave me lots of ideas on things to see and great local places to eat. Breakfast was also the best of any hostel and the free fruit was a nice touch.

The only downside is that wifi didn't work in the room but this actually made me socialize more which was good.

The rooms were comfortable and very clean. English tv channels felt like such a luxury! I also booked my Ha Long Bay tour through them and found it to be a good value and a great experience.

If I am ever back in Hanoi I will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank OliviaKG
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

David and Lily are the most lovely staff I have ever met!
They are super helpful and made me feel at home instantly.
Thanks for making my stay in Hanoi so awesome! You guys rock!

The beds are comfy and everything is clean. They provide free coffee and stuff too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Paola M
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very good hostel. After our long trip they welcomed us with tea (or coffee) and fresh fruits. They were very helpful with everything, but did not try to push us to go on a certain tour. The room was big, clean and had a window and a very good warm shower. The location is nice: next to Hoan Kiem lake, you just walk along the side of the lake and then you end up in the Old Quarter. Furthermore, the breakfast was great: choise of eggs (different kinds) with bacon or sausages, or noodle soup, or I think other options, and then you could take tea and fresh fruits as much as you'd like :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saar A
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very nice base for trip tours from Hanoi but also if you like to give Hanoi a deeper look and need some more class to the staying. We have been staying in very comfortable twin room with nice bathroom.
The stuff is so nice, honest and helpful – super friendly with tours or side seeing getting addresses for shopping etc. After talking to them I did not looked into my guidebook anymore.
Breakfest is simple but great value for the start in the day and Kim the hotel manger will make sure that you get one, she has this motherly touch so you get a good feeling in what condition ever you get down to breakfast – could become my home here.. . There is always some one at the counter that speaks excellent English even in the night!
(If you come there by airplain get also the shuttle service there organize for 15$ it definitive worth doing after flying..)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends