“Terrible! Find another place.”
Review of Hanoi Ocean Hotel

Hanoi Ocean Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Ocean Hotel
Ranked #419 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
“Terrible! Find another place.”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Hotel rooms are dirty and staff are incredibly rude. Staff entered our room every time we left the hotel. The lack of privacy was very disappointing. One of the staff members is nice but the other staff members and the owner are aggressive and rude.

To make matters even worse, the owner is racist. He told my Chinese born wife that she should be with an Asian (I'm Australian). That was the final straw and we left.

Note that the name of this hotel has changed to Hanoi ocean hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Joegomez

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
hanoi
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We can t stay in the room because there is no windows and the light is awful : the ambiance is terrible. The walls are dirty and the towel smells bad.
One of the employes is cool but the other in the night is really unpleasant.

Go never in this hostel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yaterlhyu

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed 17 March 2009

My Friend and I were supposed to stay at another hotel but they were booked so they recommended the Tin Tin Hotel to us which was supposed to have the same deal. When we arrived it was dark and dingey but we settled for it because we were tired. The room had dirty sheets and was really smelly. The bathroom was floor was wet. We then went to find another hotel to stay in as we did not like the look of this one. When we arrived back at our hotel room the man had been in our room and turned off our lights. He admitted this to us and we decided to leave. As we entered the lobby with our suitcases to ask for our passports back, they became extremely agressive and demmanded money. To cut a long story short, both my friend and I were severely attacked, despite paying the full amount of money they demanded. I had two men punch me in my back and ribs repeatitively, whilst a woman had me by the hair dragging me around the lobby and stratching me. I have scars from this and could not move for about a week. I do not recommend ANYONE stay there.

The police did not take any action against them and as far as I know, they are still functioning.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank KahliT
InesHoffmann68
Reviewed 19 August 2008

When I stayed at the Tin-Tin Hotel, I got to know about the Vinh-Hao-Tours. This enterprise offers not only overnight stays, full service and a restaurant, it also organizes total individual trips across Vietnam. (with low prizes) I was in Hue, Halong Bay, Sapa and of course in Hanoi. It's worth of booking, so I can recommend both to you, the hotel and the trips, dear Vietnam traveller! Thx to the Vinh-Hao crew for my memorable vacations. visit vinhhaotour.com for more information

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank InesHoffmann68
Montreal
Reviewed 20 March 2008

We were supposed to stay at the Ritz Hotel in Hanoi, but they didn't have any more rooms for us, so they sent us to Tin Tin Hotel.

We arrived from a night train at 5:30am, so the fact the room was available so early was our only concern and that's why we decided to stay there. Otherwise, I think we would have ran away from this damp and smelly room (awful pipe smells from the bathroom).

We got the 1st floor room (#102) and what I read in previous reviews happened to be true : it was quite noisy, especially when there were people talking loudly in the lobby (lots of Hanoians seem to have hearing problems because of the intensity of noise in the city, so they need to SHOUT)

Bed linnens were completely aged and stained out - we simply couldn't sleep in such crappy conditions and hopefully, we had some bed sheets of our own and really appreciated having them.

Another thing that annoyed us a lot, despite the fact the staff was really nice and helpful, we noticed they went in our room almost EVERY time we walked out the hotel's door. At first, we thought it was because we left the fan on (with the smells in the room, we thought it was the only solution), but even when we started to turn it off before leaving, they still continued to do it ! Sometimes things were moved away in different places in the room, windows were opened, blinds opened or closed... We felt like we didn't have much privacy in there and we would have left earlier if we didn't stay for only 2 nights.

• Liked — helpfull and kind staff
  • Disliked — almost everything else - and there was no internet access
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Orangette1980
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 August 2007

-Very good location (near Huan Kiem Lake)
-Very nice service (the owner is kind and very helpful)
-Clean rooms (but a very little water pressure in the shower on upper floors, so if you want to enjoy long, relaxing showers, stay on the 1st floor!)
-The best vietnamese coffee in Hanoi!!!:-)))

• Liked — Location and friendly stuff
  • Disliked — steep stairs, non english speaking watchman
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank gaksei
Zurich
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I booked there because of its great location and while staying there everything was allright. I liked the owner, Mr. Cuong, who was always friendly and we had some nice conversations. Rooms were clean and tied up. I recommend it to every Hanoi tourist, it's a very nice place to stay at.

• Liked — the owner
  • Disliked — the heat
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo