Discovery II Hotel
Hotels.com
US$56
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi Golden Moon Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$31
US$190
US$156
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalong bayold quarterwill stay there againrecommend staying hereenjoyed my staythe hotel managerhoan kiem laketourssapadormitoryairportfridgemattressvietnamstreetmapdong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hanoi Stars for one night. We had a huge room with a balcony just for the two of us, against a very fair price. The room itself had everything we needed: aircon, television and even a fridge. Further, the shower was very good!

About the staff; we were very lucky that Quynh was on duty. She is one of the most helpful and friedliest people we met on our three-month trip throughout South East Asia! We asked her over a hundred questions which she all answered with the same level of interest, sincerety and kindness. Hence, we definitely recommend other travellers to staying here (especially if you're full of questions about Hanoi and Vietnam)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank joel2305
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Location was very good; short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake and shops, restaurants nearby. Rooms were ok, airconditiong worked very well. Beds were quite hard to sleep on, but this was a common thing all around Vietnam. Breakfast was ok and served when needed.
There was two staff members in our time, other one spoke excellent English, the other one not so much and it was sometimes difficult to explain what we need or want, although both were very kind and nice. We got lots of help and advices about staying in Hanoi (taxis, trips, maps, restaurant tips etc), I think the staff is trustworthy. This hotel is a good, reliable choice for your stay in Hanoi :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vietnamElina
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I was happy to stay in the Hanoi Star Hotel, in the center of Hanoi, with the best staff I ever met, so friendly and helpfull, that it was almost sunny inside the hotel... Thanks and I'll come back for sure...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jan H
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hanoi Star. There is a very helpful staff and clean accommodations with all the necessary amenities. Free wi-fi and included breakfast make this place a great deal for the price. It is near many exciting attractions in Hoan Kiem. They can also organize tours and recommend many excellent restaurants nearby. I would love to visit Hanoi and the Hanoi Star again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We arrived late in Hanoi and I walked past this hotel three times, but since the other hotels in this area where to pricey for ourselves or the rooms where realy ugly, I decided to go in and ask. I did not want to in the beginning since the lobby looks that nice that I expected a high price for the rooms. I was wrong! I understood FIFTY Dollars in the beginning but that was wrong. For FIFTEEN Dollar it was worth having a look at the rooms and I knew I do not have to look further. The room was big, comportable bed, TV and fridge, shower was new and lots of toiletries in the bathroom to use.
We stayed for a couple of days and that is because this place is a perfect spot to walk to all the sightseeing places, it is quiet since the windows are in the back of the buildings away from the noisy roads.
Best thing is...the staff is so friendly and nice, always willing to help, answering our questions, booking tours or bus tickets if we want to. Even giving us a guide book for free!
I send BIG HUGS to every one of you!
The breakfast is made fresh if you wish to have breakfast and is really good! We could choose out of bread, butter and jam, eggs or noodle soup with veggies or fried noodle with veggies or egg .....
We did recommend this place to other people already and will do so in the future.

Room Tip: we were in room 404 and 604.... 404 seems to be a bit more modern and has a fridge. It is a bit more quiet since 604 has more windows (lighter though) and lies higher in the building so you can hear the noise of the road better....but it still is quiet in there. There are rooms 402 or 602 that do not have windows leading outside the building, but still they are nice rooms! So if it is not fully booked out, i would go for 404!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple