“nice hotel”
Review of Hanoi Lotus Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Lotus Hotel
Ranked #121 of 385 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
caca
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2007

nice hotel not far from the lake
cheap room,spacious and clean
breakfast included
be careful to negociate the price...

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank prout

Thung Wua Laen
Reviewed 13 July 2007

The place was clean and the staff was helpful. The location was great, didn't try the included breakfast, but what I saw being served looked good. The computers for the free internet were always in use, but probably could have asked the staff to cut their time short if I really needed it.
The only real downside was the mini bar cost, cokes were $5 USD a piece, no menu letting you know that bit of info either. Many small markets nearby to get water, beer and snacks.
Could easily walk around in old town, hotel is near the center. Be sure and ask for the mini bus from the airport, it is free, the airport is a long way from the hotel.
It is 4 floors and no elevator, ask, in advance, if you need a lower floor room. Might not do any good as the reservations were ranked behind the walk-ins and those extending their stays.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mini bar prices without menu
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank allcladrad
Vietnam
Reviewed 18 May 2007

We had an amazing time at this hotel. The hotel has a very helpful staff willing to help you with anything during your time in Hanoi. The rooms are very clean, with TV and air conditioning for very good prices. The rate of the room also includes a very good breakfast every morning. I highly recommend this hotel, to anyone visiting Hanoi.

Stayed May 2007
3 Thank jackie_dickinson
europe
Reviewed 12 May 2007

Stayed here twice already! Nice hotel, clean rooms, free internet and breakfast. Got great help booking train and bus tickets and a trip to Ha Long Bay. Very happy with the good service and nice staff!

• Liked — The good service by the staff
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank innelistan
gent
Reviewed 10 May 2007

Good hotel to stay in Hanoi. Very good service by the friendly staff. We enyoied the trips organised by them, for a good price.
The location in the old quarter is exellent and the rooms are big and very clean.
Dre from Belgium

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank kriekeljon
Vietnam
Reviewed 26 April 2007

My two friends and I were looking for a place, and we were told to go here. One of the women was hounding us, asking nastily where we were from, and how long we would stay. I said honestly that I didn't know, but that we'd have to discuss it, since we had different travel plans. We were forced to wait around for almost an hour, while they got nastier and nastier. They'd promised a rate of $9 for the entire room, but then it was $12 when we arrived finally saw the room per person, which was a joke, and then they came down to $15, and then down to $12 total, but then they said we couldn't eat breakfast or use the internet. I said I would discuss that with the manager (who I'd met at the other branch of this hotel). She told me that if I wanted to speak to the manager she wouldn't let me stay in the hotel, and that I'd have to sleep on the street. I think it's because of the cheap prices that they originally try to bring people in with, since there rooms are worth more, but then they are SO incredibly rude and vicious to you to get more money out of you. It's fair to want more money for the room, but not after they've set a price. I told them that I would write a report on the internet, and was writing down the name of the hotel and one of the boys ripped the paper from my hands and tore it to shreds. My friends were afraid of what would have happened if we had stayed there... Just avoid this place...

• Stayed April 2007
4 Thank jabroad

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed 12 April 2007

Be very careful! Me and my mother went here for a relaxing stay. Everyone was really nice in the beginning and we booked trips through their travel agency. It was not until later we understood that they charged us more than the dubbel price on everything we booked. They relocated us and refused taking our phonecalls. Be careful with this hotel! Vietnam is such a wonderful place that people and hotels like this is just not worth the effort.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family