“I love this hotel! Stayed here for 4...”
Review of Bodega Hotel

Bodega Hotel
Ranked #259 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
“I love this hotel! Stayed here for 4...”
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I love this hotel! Stayed here for 4 weeks while looking for a place to live. The location is great in the centre of the old quarter and the rooms are spacious, clean and great value for money. It's the staff however that makes this hotel great, particulary the lovely charming Thu who goes out of her way to make everyone feel comfortable and happy! Thanks again bodega! Sha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Nantes
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I stayed in Bodega hotel one week.
This hotel is nice and clean. There is a free wifi and breakfast inclued.
Receptionists are very friendly and helped us for a lot of things: advices, transports, life in Hanoi, visits, goods restaurants...
It's in old city near Hoan Kiem lake and a lot of shop.
I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Portimao, Portugal
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Older Hotel in the old town of Hanoi, but really clean and great helpfull staff.

Nice, big and clean rooms with hot water. Too bad it's not the cheapest deal and quiet a walk to the buzzy old town center and Hoan Kiem Lake.

I would choose it again!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 14 January 2010

This is not a good hotel. The receptionist at the hotel locked us up in the hotel and demanded more money for the trips we booked with them. We had already paid the full price. We gave them $30 extra just so they would let us out. We were very scared. The trips to Ha Long bay and Sapa were not very good. There are other tour operators offering better and chepaer deals.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shazna84
sweden
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We stayed for 4 nights and have only positiv to say about Bodega. The staf was very helpful and serviceminded, the room was clean and spacy. We can absulutly recomend this hotel for a stay in Hanoi.

Kenneth and Lena Sweden

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I stayed two nights in this hotel my first trip to Vietnam. The staff service is warm and personable and able to understand english well. Although the place is old and a bit run-down, however it is clean and hygenic.

I booked a Halong Bay trip with the hotel and found out subsequently that I overpaid. Although I got a recourse following my feedback after returning from my trip, however can't help to feel that I am being ripped off. The train ticket that the hotel staff secured for me is also more than what the actual price is. Notwithstanding, they made it a point for one of the staff to send me to the station (via motorbike) and make sure I settled on the train.

As I have checked out before my Halong Bay trip (2D1N), they allowed me to deposit my backpack in the hotel and provided me towel and a place to shower before my night train to my next destination.

The hotel is located within 10-15 minutes walk to the Hoan Kiem Lake (nearer to the red bridge/Ngoc Son temple) and have several eating outlets nearby. If you are looking for a no-frill hotel and don't mind it being a little run down, this hotel may just meet your needs.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 7 December 2009

fantastic staff mega helpfull they sorted every thing i needed for my stay hotel very well run and clean breakfast also good i will use again thats for sure regards baz

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo