“Nice little hotel with good view from the restaurant”
Review of Flower Hotel

Flower Hotel
Ranked #215 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel 2 times. First on my way to Ha Long Bay and later when I got back from Sapa.
It is in the old city which means a lot of noice and traffic when you walk around in the vicinity. It is only 10 minuttes walk from Ga Long Bien (the station with trains to Lao Cai). 30 minuttes walk from Ga Hanoi (Central trainstation). Rooms are clean and the breakfast is OK. Restaurant on the 14th floor so a good view over the city. Second time I stayed for 2 days and there was a lot of construction noice as they are doing some construction work on the hotel

Room Tip: More quite if you can get a room not facing the street below.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richardt H
FlowerGroup, General Manager at Flower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Richardt H,

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

We are looking forward to welcoming you if you visit Hanoi again.

Shall we keep in touch if you need any assistance.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a larger group. We longed for our previous hotel (on our own), as this hotel was more average. Good breakfast spread, many options. We ate at the restaurant once - good duck and noodles. Nothing out of the ordinary for the rooms. Poor location if you want to walk anywhere or explore the city. Nothing nearby.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MeganLD
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is a nice small hotel, clean rooms and reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed at the flower about 5 times in the previous 5 years and am about to book another stay. About 5 years ago they were a great deal. At about $30 USD it was a GREAT value. Personally I really enjoy the staff and have gotten to know them well. They have always welcomed me with a smile and I have actually been out for meals with them, from the door man to the front desk people. (not kidding). So I personally think the staff are very friendly (duh!). They've always tried to help me.

The location? it's located near our office so that's why I have stayed there, but for a time when our office was relocated closer to the city center it was a bit of a pain to get to the city center. Other reviewers are correct, it is about a 20-25 minute walk if you know what you are doing. There is NOT much around once it gets dark there, but this is why I keep going back. People are right that it IS noisy there if you have a room facing the front of the hotel (these are mostly the big expensive rooms); guess they thought it was nicer to let the high paying guests to have a view of the front street! But I always take a room in the back, where the loud speakers are. If you are not aware, the communist government still behave like communists and in every neighborhood in the north they announce propaganda out of these speakers every stupid morning!

On the other hand, I like the location because it IS actually very dark and "quiet" (relative to other locations I've seen near by). There are NO bars near by and there are no backpackers either. What is there? in the morning and in the evening when I am at the hotel I know I can get a great meal just around the corner. There is a street with tons of food and a market. On Thursday nights there is a night market within about a 5 minute walk. And this is why I like staying here.

As for the facility? It IS clean. I think the staff are honest and the try and work hard. Having gotten to know them, I also know that the owners don't have their backs and I personally do not care for them. They've had some success and it's gone to their heads. Hence the high price! Today it IS over priced for what they are. They should be about $35-50 for what it is. (I have thought about staying at the hilton at $150 a night).

So in a nutshell - Positives: Friendly staff, cleanliness, location (specific to my wants)
Negatives: Price, price, price.

FYI - there are several other hotels within a block for about 1/3 to1/2 the price but of lesser quality as well. Can't remember the names.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Location was fine as close to the old quarter of the city. Rooms where perfectly adequate and most important, where clean. The breakfast had a good range of Western and Asian food. Hotel staff were very friendly. I would definitely saty here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank walts1
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Flower Hotel has been and is like home for me in Hanoi - for 9 years whenever I come to Hanoi I stay at Flower Hotel, they have very good service - very clean - very friendly - I cant imagine to stay anywhere else. And they have very good cuisine. Regards Bente Petersen

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Only complaint about this hotel was the rock hard bed. Asides from that, the staff were helpful, the rooms adequate, location good and the breakfast tasty and satisfying in the morning. It was our first experience of the little egg stations were a chef cooks your eggs to your liking in the morning - good fun!

• Stayed: December 2010
MaiHuong61, Director of Sales at Flower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2011

Dear SpeechE,

Thank you so much for using our hotel services during your trips to Vietnam. It is such a honor for us to have you stay with us. We will take your comments on our services to make them better and better in the coming time. From that, you will be satisfied and more comfortable when you return to our hotel.