“It's called Hanoi City Hostel now”
Review of Duc Thai Hotel

Duc Thai Hotel
Ranked #282 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“It's called Hanoi City Hostel now”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stayed here twice when it was known as Duc Thai, now renamed as Hanoi City Hostel.
Same owner who stays in the hostel.
Very good value, 15USD per night for twin room. Stayed for 7 nights (3rd time)

Dragon and Hien were very helpful and friendly.
One computer for free Internet, free wifi in room.
Duong will cooked the eggs the way you prefer, served with bread, butter/jam/cheese, lime juice and/ or coffee/tea (always with a smile)

Location is good. It's easy walk to Duan Xuan and the night market (Fri - Sun), plenty of street food, cafe and restaurants nearby.

The staff book tours, bus and train ticket for guests as well as non-guest. Advise on places to eat, massage, etc.
Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yap Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I got off the bus from Laos and was over run by the cab drivers, luckily the owner of Duc Thai saved me from the rush. She paid for the cab to her place and didn't pressure me to stay. The rest of the staff was nice too, and they gave advice on where to get food. The price was reasonable, on par with what two people would spend for a hostel.

Laundry service was quick and all of it came back clean.

Also their travel agency gave me a cheep price when I had to get my visa renewed.

Room Tip: Don't take the top room, it is a bit noisy. Every other room is great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank J B
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed two nights in this very nice hotel which situated in exciting area. The room is not very big but clean, cozy and tastefully decora. The breakfast: fresh bread from the baker street is delicious and roll cake which is traditional cuisine in Vietnam which I highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Poor and unfriendly reception, i was an assistant front office manager and trust me, the hotel receptionist would be fired if he was working with me! Can't walk out cause the room was prebooked and we have eave as soon as we can .
Bathroom wasn't dirty but look cleaned like with backpacker style! was awful and DON'T prebook the breakfast .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Ushuaia, Argentina
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Halong Bay for one night. We left our luggage with the hotel, just as I have done many times in my life. Just before leaving, I put my iphone in my bag. I arrived the next day, and sure enough, the iphone had disappeared. I usually hate blaming other people in these situations, but I am positive it was taken by someone on the staff. The lone bright spot of this hotel was that one of the bellboys seemed to feel really about about my phone, and offered to help find me a new one in Hanoi.

If you are looking for a shower with lots of warm water, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank meloncararo
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We stayed in the hotel during Christmas and New Year Holiday and we were surprise with a little new year party in the midnight of the 31th Dec 2010. The staff there are very friendly and helpful, and also the tours were organized perfectly. Size of rooms are big enough for 3 people and very clean. The only downfall is the water pressure is too low to take shower sometimes.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
madrid
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Conviniently located, our room was comfortable and roomy. All the staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpfull. We stayed for sixteen nights and felt like being at home. I will always stay in the Duc Thai when visiting Hanoi. can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business