“Good service”

Ranked #112 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Temerloh District, Malaysia
“Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Good location in Old Quarters. Staff very friendly & helpful, especially receptionist Ms Bong, a big bonus to the hotel. Room rate is cheap and clean though it's a bit old. You need to be careful in the toilet, it's quite slippery.
Nearby street has good and cheap seafood at night, you see many locals sitting on plastic stools. Early morning at 5am, you will women selling vegetables just outside the hotel. Good restaurant (No.72) in Ma May street, just walking distance from hotel.
Any problem during your trip can ask Ms Bong. Thanks to her.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I had a wonderful time staying in this hotel! All of the staff was excellent and quite enjoyable in addition to being very knowledgeable about the area and arranging different sightseeing trips. They went out of their way to help me with making travel arrangements. Additionally, the hotel was very clean and felt very safe. There was always hot tea/coffee available and a delicious breakfast in addition to fast, reliable internet. I felt at home there and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Geoje, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Arriving off the train from Lao Cai at 4am, we decided to try to book into this hotel for a few hours before leaving for the airport. Despite being wakened, the manager was more than happy to accommodate us. He gave us an excellent rate for the room and allowed us to have it until mid-day, giving us time to do a bit of sightseeing before we left. When we went back to get our bags at mid-day, we were offered tea and coffee and the friendly receptionist offered to order a taxi, which turned out to be very reasonably priced. The manager also came over and took time to have a chat with us about our travels. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and all the staff we met were very friendly and accommodating. Even though we were only in the hotel for a few hours, about 5 staff members actually came out onto the street to wave goodbye. The atmosphere in this hotel was great and we will definitely stop off there on our next trip to Hanoi.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Shepparton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

staff are fantastic and were execellent in booking our tours to holong bay and to sapa and great value well worth taking the time to see those places. Everything went to a dream. Even giving us a room on our returns at no cost to shower and freshen up before our next trip.Quam from holong bay tour was very entertaining and great organising all the events.happy budda says hi.The room was spacious and we even had a front balony and computer in our room. Very handy for booking ahead. Staff were always willing to assist and had great suggestion for restaurants and places to visit. Breakfast was great lots of choices . Just fantastic . Everything 10 out of 10

Room Tip: floor 4 front rooms with balony superior and slept 4
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

You should choose this place if you want to be in Hanoi's Old Quarter! While it's a budget price hotel, we found that the service was 5 star. Staff were friendly, accommodating and helpful when it came to the city's local knowledge. We found that whenever we took their advice on where to eat or how to get somewhere unique, we were not disappointed. Hotel also provides a very good breakfast and day trip ideas in and around Hanoi. For a city that can be somewhat difficult to navigate as a tourist, you will find the Rising Dragon staff very helpful.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Stannkaarina
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

As residents of HCMC, we have tried the Queen of Hearts and Bamboo Hotel in Hanoi, going by the advice from the Lonely Planet in the last year. Both were overpriced and disappointing. Recently, we went to Rising Dragon. They greeted us with hot tea and a personal information session. It was such a nice, relaxing start. We were so excited!

Then, we had a problem. The AC in our room wasn't working. So they brought us over to the other Rising Dragon Hotel in a cab, that they arranged and paid for. This was one of the first times in Vietnam where there was a problem, and a clear, easy, logical solution that worked in our favour. Our room was beautiful, clean, cozy and the AC worked. Most hotels would just put you in your room and hope that you don't complain about the AC.

The service was amazing. Breakfast was all you can eat fruit + your choice of omelet/pho/eggs or other good choices. Coffee, water and tea were out all day as well as some bananas. Very nice touches! It makes me want to ... wait for it... return!!! We will never, ever use another hotel in Hanoi. And yes, there is a computer in every room at Rising Dragon 1. Very cool.

Our Halong Bay tour was OK. We booked it through the hotel and had no major hiccups... just an issue with opening my own wine on the boat. To be expected after reading the reviews, but I wish they'd left us alone after we paid a premium price to be on the boat (Galaxy Cruise is what we went with -- $150-- 2 nights, 3 days). Also wish they had staff trained at the Rising Dragon on their boat...

I see that the managers of the hotel read the reviews and respond. I see that they care... So I hope they read this post and know that they're doing some of the best work with tourists in the city. So this brings me to the last point .. the cat in the kitchen. I would like it released from it's chain, so it can visit with the guests. I know that many Vietnamese people don't really like cats, but most tourists do and they like it when the cats are being treated with respect. When we see a cat chained up all day, we would like it to be free. Is this possible in the hotel? I know it must be difficult, but is there a better place for the cat?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

So I told David (the Manager) that I'd get off my lazy butt one of these days to write a review about this hotel.

To give you a little background, I visit Hanoi on a regular basis as my gf lives there. I don't stay with family because they are older and like to sleep early and I like to enjoy being out at all hours. I have stayed here for several weeks at a time and know most of the people in the photos on this site which was a riot to see.

I found this hotel because of the good reviews in got from "the new Hanoian" website which is a site full of expat resources for those living in Hanoi.

The review I read made it seem like a good place. I checked out a few other places and found this one was great for several reasons;

1) Location
2) Staff
3) Value
4) did I mention the staff?

Location
Its located near the corner of Ho Kiem lake in the old district. This alone makes it worth the price, I can get to most of the fun local nightlife walking. If taking a cab I would walk down 1 street toward the lake so I the cab doesn't have to weave through the old quarter (the hotel is right on the end of this area)

Staff
I have nothing but great service and help from the staff, everyone from the cleaning ladies, the porter/doorman, the counter staff are great. They clean the rooms well every day, no problem with late check out or special request, they also watched my scooter when I parked it there at no extra cost.

So for me when I go to hanoi I stay here.

For the price I get a nice clean, friendly place, free wifi, free breakfast, free use of the lobby computers, free parking (for my scooter), and free good conversation.

Did I mention the staff???
My best praise is reserved for "Mr.David Tuong" the manager. I got to know him very well over the weeks I've stayed at this hotel, he speaks great English, truly cares about customers having a good experience, and he is an all around good guy.
I have spent many lunches and some mornings just sitting around the front lobby talking to him and learning about life in Hanoi.
He has even been good enough to lend me his new Honda scooter on occasion. I would consider him one of the people I enjoy seeing again every time I come back.

I liked him so much I even invited him to my wedding in December....

To end off, If you are visiting Hanoi stay here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't too high up if you don't like stares.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple