“Friendly place in a great location!”

Rising Dragon Hotel
Ranked #116 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Friendly place in a great location!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Early November I made arrangements to stay in this hotel the day I left Hue for Hanoi on a night bus. Recommended in the Lonely Planet the fast and friendly reaction of Tracy Tran at sales made it easy to book. As I realised that my time for traveling was running out I was very pleased with the help she gave me making arrangements for a Halong Cruise and Sapa Trekking!
The hotel is simple and 'older' but clean and very convenient in the Hanoi Old Quarter!
With the friendly staff accommodating for early arrivals and evening departures by train a perfect place to be in downtown Hanoi! Although I was there 'only' 3 nights the memory is for much longer.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor (no elevator) with a spacious room at the front of the building.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Menno,

Thank you so much for staying with Rising Dragon hotel and taking your time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I am so delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are really looking forward your return so that we can show you more about our beautiful country.

Tracy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Phitsanuloke
Reviewed 29 December 2013

After spent 5 days in Lao Cai and Sapa, I have a chance to stayed at The Rising Dragon Hotel in Hanoi for 2 nights. This is my second time of staying here after year
before last.

As I left Lao Cai by Night Train and arrived Hanoi early morning. I intend to leave my travelling bag with the Hotel and start visit the places near by until the check-in time

My first impressive is the hotel staff asked whether I have my breakfast yet, and offered me a complimentary breakfast.

When I came back to the hotel at around 11.00 a.m., Cindy let me check-in before time, she told me that my standard room booked is up on the fifth floor, It would be inconvenience for me as an elderly person to walk up and down, she decided to upgrade me to the Family room on the second floor, of course, very spacious, nicer decor with a computer set, and a private balcony without any extra charge.

More over, The Hotel also provide three computer set with Wi-fi and all day tea or coffee
at the dining area as complimentary.

All in all, measure by the room conditions, location, delicious breakfast and a friendly atmosphere of all hotel staff etc. with the room rates. I'll not hesitate to recommend The Rising Dragon Hotel to any budget traveller who come to visit Hanoi City.

Thank you very much to all Hotel staff, especially Cindy, you deserve to have my praise and more....

Room Tip: If you are a family of three, I would recommend room no.101
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Supol R
Dear Mr. Supol,

It was our great pleasure welcoming you back Rising Dragon hotel. As the guest's satisfaction is our utmost desire, I am happy to hear that your second stay with us is as enjoyable as the first one.

Thank you so much for choosing us again. Take care and all the best!

Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Great place to stay and perfect location for exploring the old quarter. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Tracy was particularly helpful in organising our trip to Halong Bay and Ninh Binh, and she upgraded us to another Rising Dragon hotel when the hotel was full. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kathy,

We are so delighted to hear that you have had a lovely stay with Rising Dragon hotel. Positive reviews help our staff understand that their hard work is not going unnoticed and it is a motivation for us to strive hard to keep up our good job.

We are looking forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights in the family suite, where they fitted a 4th bed. The room is spacious and clean, though the bathroom is a bit run down. Bedding is very firm, but very clean. Breakfast is good and filling up nicely before the start of the day. A real plus is that a computer with free Internet is available in the room for guests to use ! I had never seen that before in hotels. Staff is friendly and with a correct command of English.
The location is really good to explore the city, but of course a bit noisy (double glazing helps a lot in that case).

Room Tip: No elevators, so if climbing stairs is an issue, choose the 1st or second floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Floasingap,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay at Rising Dragon hotel. We will pass on your kind words to our team and let them now that their good job is not going unnoticed.

Once again, thank you so much for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights with my friends in December 2013. Receptionist was friendly and personally walked us to our rooms to introduce to us the amenities in the rooms. We received an upgrade for our rooms and it was very spacious. Hotel has a total of 6 floors and there is no elevator to bring you up. Climbing up can be tiring for the elderly. The room has one queen sized bed and enough floor space to even lay out an additional mattress. Bathroom was big with a bathtub. For breakfast, we had 8 options to choose from and there's free flow of tea, coffee, fruits and bread with a toaster. The western breakfast was delicious and the portions are good. Wifi is available in the hotel.

Overall, had a wonderful stay at the hotel. Felt that it was value for money. In close proximity to shopping district in Old Quarter. Would choose to stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Arnold9201,

It is just enchanted to read such nice words about the Rising Dragon hotel. We have tried hard, but your words are indeed more than what we are doing.

As customers' satisfaction is our utmost desire, we are very awarded to know that you did enjoy your stay in the hotel. I do hope that we can meet some days not too far in the future at Rising Dragon hotel, and your second stay will be better than the previous one.

Take care and all the best.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Firstly the hotel staff were very helpful and took initiative to connect to their guests. Location is simply perfect if you plan to explore old quarters. It's near to most interesting places such as hoem
Kiem lake, don Xuan market. Breakfast is very delicious. Rooms were very comfortable and cozy. Special thanks goes to Cindy Huang, for always being helpful and taking the extra mile to help their guest to get the best deals. Honest and sincere gestures , very professional. Thumbs up!
Mr & Mrs Tan from Malaysia

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Da Nang, Vietnam
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel in a great location, but unfortunately the staff behind the reception spoiled my stay. In my opinion, they were more sellers than service personnels. They always tried to sell something (trips, taxirides, tickets...) when i had a question or just wanted to go outside. And if i said no, a big discussion starts and they made me feel like a poor man.
I felt very uncomfortable there, so i wont recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013