“Excellent Service and Very Friendly Staff”

Rising Dragon Hotel
Ranked #129 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Very nice Hotel with freindly Staff. I can recoommand this plase to stay especially Trung was very helpful and gave me a lot of good advises for exploring the city. The rooms are clean and you are right in the middle of the city.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 August 2009

Three of us stay at Raising Dragon in the total of 3 nights and loved it. The rooms are super comfortable and clean. I've decided its the best hotel value in Vietnam that I've stayed at after traveling for over three weeks in Vietnam. The staffs were exceptionally friendly, professional and welcoming. Trung was who help us plan our cruise to Ha Long Bay was really patience and a super great guy! Raising dragon is located in the old quarter, west of the Hoan Kien lake, making it easy to get around too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2009

The first thing that greeted me at the Rising Dragon Hotel was the staffs' insistence that I put down my heavy pack so they could carry it up the stairs to my room for me. I was quickly checked in and taken to my room on the 4th floor. After resting a little, I went downstairs and I felt like I was with my family...every one of the staff said ' hello ' and asked about my room. I found the room I was in ( I was with a friend for the first two nights ) was very clean and accommodating. The refrigerator was stocked with chilled water, soft drinks and beer...a very welcome site in the heat and humidity. The satellite TV had many English language stations such as HBO..BBC..Star Movie Channel...but also..GoalTV and another football channel also. I loved that. The hotel's manager Trung, immediately set out to make sure we would get around the city with the least hassle. He and his staff made sure we understood where we were in relation to Hoan Kiem..the most obvious point to find if we got lost. He also suggested restaurants and knew of shops for local goods. Later, when I needed to cash travelers' cheques, he even took me on his motor bike to a bank that charged no commission. The service didn't end there. After setting up my friend's trip out of town ( she was even given a lift to the bus on a motor bike by the main man from the front desk ), he sat down with me and chatted like old friends over green tea..and without brochures or any written material, he went over an itinerary for the whole of my stay, based on everything I told him I was hoping to do. Everything set up through Trung and the Rising Dragon has gone off like clockwork...the buses, flights and hotels have all been fully notified and there have been no slips in my trip so far. I am right now, sitting in Nha Trang on my way to Mui Né. The only thing that went wrong was that he was unable to change the direction of the typhoon that hit HaLong Bay. If he could have done that..well..that would be another story. Breakfasts were more than ample and I was treated as family to the point of being asked to sit down for lunch and dinner when the staff took time to dine. I stayed twice and my room the second time was equally as good with a nice hot shower. My stay in Hanoi could not have been better. I thank EVERYONE at the Rising Dragon for that.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My cousin and I stayed in in the Rising Dragon Hotel for three nights. Very good overall. The staff speak very good English (the hotel advertises that all staff are required to have a year of English studies), and the rooms are spacious and fairly comfortable. It's a good hotel for the value. Included is breakfast, which is freshly prepared, with a limited but delicious menu. The staff are very helpful in organizing quality tours. Some issues that arose:

-The hotel allowed us to store our larger baggage while we were on our two day Halong Bay tour. However, the luggage storage area is underneath the stairs in rather plain sight and easy access. This concerned me some.
-The hotel advertises a no-fee currency conversion service, with no exceptions noted. When attempting to convert currency (Canadian Dollars to Vietnamese Dong) at the counter, initially they gave us a very low rate. On looking up and showing them the daily rate (which was significantly higher), they informed us that because the currency wasn't common, they would have to charge us a fee.
-The hotel itself is four or five levels, with no elevator available, though I thought this was a small inconvenience.

Besides these concerns, the location of the hotel is excellent (right in the Old Quarter) We hardly had to taxi it anywhere. Definitely would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

The hotel is in the middle of Hanoi's old quarter, and very close to streets filled with a bustling food market, well worth a visit. It is also close to the Hoan Kiem Lake. There's lots to see just wandering around the neighborhood.
The hotel is cheap, and in slight need of some restauration (which seemd underway), but clean. You get what you pay for. No luxuries, but a clean bed, A/C and a bathroom. And free wi-fi and computers. We also liked the good travel photos from Vietnam in large format on the walls.
And the staff is helpful and friendly. We used the hotel's travel agency, which seemed to sell the same trips as everybody else.
As mentioned, the hotel is good value for money, but it must also be said that if you double the price, you'll get something that's still pretty cheap, and a lot nicer, in the same area. But on a budget, the Rising Dragon is a good bet.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank thomas1973
Reviewed 1 July 2009

My wife and I spent 2 weeks at the Rising Dragon Hotel. The staff were friendly, helpful and honest. They did not pressure us to sign up for tours but were helpful when asked. The room were clean and the location great; right in the old quarter close to the lake and the price was very reasonable. We would recommend the hotel as a good place to stay. The person who ran the tour desk was exceptional. She was friendly, caring and made sure what ever tour you did purchase was the right one for you.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel from 25 May - 29 May 09. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They arranged all our travel excursions, which were all brilliant. The hotel is in a good location and we would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit hanoi. The manager of the hotel Mrs Jerry Tran was so helpful with all our requirements. Thank you for a great holiday! Mr John and Mr Stewart (England).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends