WARNING : DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL !!
We stayed in this "hotel" during our first trip to Hanoi this March 2008.
The staffs running this hotel are young punks who are extremely rude, unprofessional and money-minded. Please be mindful that all these hotels are the same namely Hanoi Queen Plaza Hotel, Hanoi Queen 2 Hotel, Hanoi Queen 1 Hotel. The hotel lobby and room pictures advertised for Hanoi Queen Plaza Hotel do not exist (see hanoiqueenplazahotel.com) - the actual rooms are those advertised under Hanoi Queen 2 hotel (see hanoiqueen2hotel.com or queen2hotel.com or queen1hotel.com).
We booked the rooms through internet for Hanoi Queen Plaza Hotel but when we arrived at the "hotel", the signboard at the "hotel" showed Hanoi Queen 2 Hotel as well as Hanoi Queen Plaza Hotel. The rooms were not as per the pictures advertised. We did a transit at the "hotel" before heading to Sapa. When we returned 3 days later to check in, the true colours of the staff emerged.
1) While waiting for our rooms (we arrived at 6 am), we explained to the staff that we wanted a complimentary transport to the airport when we check out 2 days later since we had arranged for our own airport pickup to the hotel (website had advertised free airport pickup but we did not arrange prior to departure because of language problems when we tried to converse with them over the phone). To cut the story short, in his own words "the airport pickup was only to ensure that his customers get to his hotel and not others and with money in his pocket already, it does not make money sense to send us to the airport".
2) At this point, both sides were agitated. Then he tried to change our rooms to triple sharing when we had booked deluxe twin sharing. His excuse was his "hotel" was overbooked and besides the arrangement was beneficial to all of us in terms of cost sharing. An argument ensued and he was becoming very rude and at times raised his voice. We did not budge and insisted for what we had booked for. They had their "revenge" by making us wait for our remaining 2 rooms till 12noon (official check-in time) but we knew that there were no one in the rooms already. When noon came, we were still "refused" our rooms because they claimed that there were still luggage in the rooms. Nonsense! Our rooms were finally "ready" late afternoon and evening respectively. By this time we had wasted half a day and our first day plans in Hanoi were spoiled.
3) During the 2 days that followed, the staff were rude and we were non-existence to them. They would only smile at other guests in particular the European guests.
4) On the day of check-out, as expected we had to argue on the bill settlement. The staff that attended to us did not understand that we had paid a deposit amount already over the internet and the balance is to be repaid to the "hotel". He kept on insisting on the full amount eventhough we showed him the printed-out receipt and payment details. When we requested to call his manager, he rudely shouted at us and shoved the phone at me. Thankfully the person who attended to us understood and after speaking to the staff, he finally relented and accepted the amount payable. During the whole episode, he had raised his voice and was utterly rude. We left swearing that we will never return to this dreadful "hotel".
Our experiences with the staff of the “hotel” were unpleasant and affected our sentiments on Hanoi. We left disappointed, agitated and angry at the whole episode Thankfully we did not arrange any tour with this scheming company. However, with the great company of friends, it helped to liven up our holiday in Hanoi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hanoi Queen 2 Hotel is recommended by the Lonely Planet. It is a great place to base yourself as you explore the delights of our fine city, as many attractions, are only a short walk away from the hotel. We are sure that we have many rooms to suit your budget and needs. And we are doing our best to keep our service and quality at a constant great level. The Hotel is just one minute walk to the Hoan Kiem Lake and Water Puppet Shows, in the front of many Vietnamese and Western Restaurants, besides the ANZ Bank and shopping streets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hanoi Queen 2 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.