“charming, great hospitality!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #214 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Perth, Australia
“charming, great hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I stayed here when I visited Hanoi in December last year. I love the location, tucked away in a laneway full of eateries. The owner and her family were welcoming and made you feel at home. She invited me to eat breakfast with the family every morning, and when I was sick one day made me rice porridge and orange juice at no extra cost. Also booked the Sapa tour for me.

Rooms were clean, well-maintained. Like the quiet location, woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Only slight hitch was power went out a couple of times on the first night. Overall highly recommended at a reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Trimac20
adminfdlr, Guest Relations Manager at Hanoi Street Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2015
Dear Trimac20,

Warmest Greeting from Hanoi Street Hotel

Thank you for having taken the time to write such a positive review regarding your visit to our hotel.
All the team were pleased you enjoyed the stay with us and all our facilities and that you did share your thoughts with other TripAdvisor users. It was an absolute pleasure to have you with us.

We all are already looking forward to welcome you back.
Thanks again for everything!

Best wishes,

Customer Relations Specialist @Hanoi Street Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here a few nights in April, and we were impressed to say the least. The family were so nice, and did everything to make sure we were happy.
I noticed a few comments saying it wasn't a central location, but my impression of Hanoi was that there wasn't really much of a centre anyway. It's just a few minutes from the lake on Cim Chi st which is pretty amazing, and we found ourselves walking in a different direction every evening to eat so location-wise, it couldn't have been better for us.

I think they did try to sell us a tour at some point but they weren't pushy at all and it actually did seem pretty good value to be fair!

Bringing back such happy memories writing this!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adminfdlr, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Hanoi Street Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2015
Dear Joe A,

First of all, we are delighted to have you with us on your recent family trip. We would like to thank you for writing your review on our TripAdvisor page and for your sharing to other travelers.

Thank you once again for choosing Hanoi Street Hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Hi everyone in Hanoi Street Hotel, I write this review to express my biggest thanks to you. I have had a great holiday with my family. The room is very clean, good breakfast, thanks for free drink and fresh fruit after our long trips to Halong Bay, and Sapa.

I would like to highly recommend for people to stay at this hotel. Come to stay and feel the hospitality of staffs at Hanoi Street Hotel, they are extremely friendly and helpful. Ah, They also provide very good tour programs with flexible prices.

If I have more chance to go back to Hanoi, definitely I will come to stay here again. :)
Lots of love from Finland!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jenni V,

Thank you so much for staying at Hanoi Street Hotel on vacation.

Thank you for leaving comments on our service, and staff. Your feedback and compliment are our great motivation to keep striving for a much better service. We are confident that more facilities and services coming up in the near future will fully satisfy our customers' needs.

Once again, we truly appreciate your review about our property and we look forward to serving you again.

Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I booked this hotel on a travel agency in Saigon so I was hoping I made a right choice. I am not happy with my stay there! It's a bit pricey with the kind of service and facilities they provide, they charge usd35 per night,  not worth it since I can get that rate from other hotel with better service. For me, location is a bit far from old quarter which is 15 minute walk from the lake, hard to find also since it's located in the alley. Restaurant has 2 tables only, so the reception will set up a table outside and made you eat there while motorcycles are passing by. And they charge extremely high on airport pick up only for usd25. They don't allow late check-out, strictly at 12nn. I regret staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ivy F,

First of all, let me offer our sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in our service. Your comments have been well-noted, where we will take measures to revise and improve.

We sincerely recognize and assure our readers that we will be taking even more attention and efforts for better service.

On behalf of our hotel, please except our sincere apologies for falling short on this occasion.
Thank you again for your sharing, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I would like to share this.I'm MK Lim from Malaysia. We recently visited Hanoi and here would like to express our appreciation and a big thank you to the proprietor and staff of this Hotel for the excellent service extended to us during our trip to Hanoi recently. May your business prosper and hope to visit again soon. Again a big thank you.
Yours truly
MK Lim & Family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear MK L,

It was a pleasure welcoming you at Hanoi Street Hotel.
I thank you for your stay and your kind feedback. It is more than wonderful for us.

We are also delighted that you enjoyedtral location and thank you for sharing this to other TripAdvisor surfers.
We hope that in near future you will return Hanoi Street Hotel with more friends.

Altamura, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was worried of the infamous Hanoi hotels scams, but having choose Hanoi Street Hotel made our staying in the city fabulous. First of all I would suggest to ask to the nice hotel staff to arrange a pick up for you from airport/station as we did. This will avoid the usual wrestle through touts, dodgy taxi drivers and phony agents.
The room are big, spotless and beds very comfortable, we slept like babies. The bathroom was super clean and we had a nice bath in the tub.
We ate pho for breakfast, in a local fashion. But you have several choices as sandwiches or scrambled eggs for example.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, they never pushed us to buy any tours, which is a rare thing in Vietnam. If you need anything just ask the boss (a lady) or the other employers.
I think the price is reasonable and the elevator is a good plus if you carry heavy bags like us.
I will go there again for sure and I would advice other travelers to do the same.

Room Tip: Ask a room on the higher floors, it's quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hotelsvevia
Dear hotelsvevia,

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent stay at Hanoi Street Hotel with us.
Thank you as well for your comment regarding our staff and breakfast experiences.
It's great that you enjoyed everything with us. And it's truly a big gift for us.

Finally, I would like to thank you for the beautiful compliment that Hanoi Street Hotel is the good place to stay in our city.
Hope that we will have chance to serve you again.

Anywhere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Hanoi is busy, stressful, and noisy. This hotel is neither. Its tucked off food street and our rooms (we went twice) were at the back of the hotel and very very quiet.
Stress free airport pickup too which takes the risk out of being scammed.
Room was superb for money, sort of cheap business, but you can't complain. Reasonable quality fixings and spotlessly clean. We even caught the 2 cleaners ironing the bedsheets on the bed. (changed daily).
Breakfast is okay and trip to Halong Bay organised through them (cheapest of 3). Helpful staff.
We'd happily recommend it and stay there agian, but do rememebr it is not a 5* hotel, just a good budget hotel worh the money. (look around for best prices!)

Room Tip: Back rooms, "x02" are at the back and quiet. No idea about x01 rooms. Hotel has lift so...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear RyanAndMel,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review sharing on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodation with us and really appreciated the quality of service we are providing.

We are looking forward to your return at Hanoi Street Hotel.

With best regards,