“Great quality for a good price”

Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel 2
Ranked #174 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
“Great quality for a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel has very good service. The breakfast is tasty and filling. The rooms are pleasant and completely dark. Also equipped with airco to take the heat off the day. Our bags arrived late from the airport but the hotel managed everything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arno v

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

After staying with a friend outside the city for my first night in Hanoi, I decided to find more centrally located accommodation. Someone recommended a hotel near Hanoi Blue Sky 2, but it was full so I was referred here. I phoned and got a dorm bed reserved for me immediately. Many people don't realise that there is a dormitory here because it isn't advertised as a hostel, but the dorm facilities are excellent. At $6/night (as of July 2014) with free coffee/tea all day, breakfast, a towel and wifi and PC use in the lobby, this is a really good deal.

I'm really happy with how it turned out! On arriving the manager/concierge Anna greeted me with a smile and showed me to the room. Later when I explained that I was looking for help booking tours to SaPa and Halong Bay she spent ages talking me through the various options and even gave me a small discount on one of them. She also let me pay some of the amount required but not all of it, as I did not have enough cash at the time. On arriving back in Hanoi for a few hours between Halong Bay and Sapa, I was given refreshments, allowed to use the dorm showers and a clean towel, and wait in comfort for my bus. Every leg of the process was pre-booked and well-organised, and when I got back from Sapa at 4:30 am yesterday morning I was welcomed by the staff again, who immediately gave me a bed to catch up on some sleep, even though I wasn't booked in overnight. It felt like coming home! I intend to stay a few more nights here.

I highly recommend Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel 2 (don't get confused - there's also Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel 1, but I don't know what it's like).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a wonderfull first night in Hanoi thanks to the perfect location straight in the middle of the old town, the very nice room and the friendly staff ! Breakfast was more than sufficient and we got all the information we needed.

1 Thank pieterbuys1981
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

i stayed there during my trip last week and i was very happy with the service.
the room was clean and well furnished, housekeeping has done their job very well.
theỉ staffs also very helpful and provided me good advices for choosing tours with various price range.
all and all the hotel is much better than i expected considering their room price is just about the average.
highly recommend this hotel if you want a pleasant stay and want your tours planned for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for a week, in our first time in Hanoi. The staff is really nice, the room is big and well furnished and very clean. Every day the room is cleaned. The breakfast is good. We didn't yet planned a tour, but they offer tours and can help you pick a good one, for the price you want.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights on our first time to Hanoi. The service was ok if not a bit pushy when we told them we were going to Halong Bay they tried getting us to go with their tour provider even though we told them that we had paid in full for our trip.

The room was furnished nicely however if you don't like using a toilet which is directly in the shower then this hotel is probably not for you.

The breakfast was the worst we have had on our entire trip. On the first morning we went down at 9:30 where there were only some bananas left, I enquired about perhaps getting some bread which they promptly organised however bread and butter for breakfast was not what I had been told I would be eating. The next morning we had breakfast at 7am thinking it would be better if we went down earlier, it was in no way better. The bread was stale and the eggs were cooked very poorly. I'm usually not a fussy eater but I was very unimpressed with the options at this hotel.

We had also booked in the Blue Sky Hotel not Blue Sky Hotel 2 so were slightly confused when the driver took us to number 2. I think reading the reviews we probably would have liked Blue Sky Hotel more than Blue Sky Hotel Two.

Despite all the negativety this was a budget hotel so I don't feel as though our money was wasted.

Room Tip: Our room had no window - if this bothers you be sure to ask for a room with a window.