“It has it all !”

Essence d’Orient Hotel & Spa
Ranked #37 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It dosent matter how spacious a hotel is if they dosent have good atmosphere, This hotel has it all. First of all, faboules staff. They are so helpfull and pleasant and nothing seems to be to big a problem. Location is great in old quarter. Our room was small, but clean and well maintaned. Restaurant had very good kitchen and served delisious food. Breakfast was simpel but it was fresh and well prepared what was served. I will really recomend this hotel to other travellers. We had an issue with taxi service provided by the hotel. The where 20 min late for pickup at airport and when going back to the airport it was 50 min late. We hardly reached our flt out of Hanoi. The hotel refunded the taxi bill but its really not about the 18 usd. It put us in a really stressfull situation. I hope the Managment will change the routines here and never let guests wait for a pickup.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelBatz
Essencehanoi, General Manager at Essence d’Orient Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience of your stay at the Essence d’Orient hotel. We were delighted to learn that you had a nice stay with us with fabulous staff, facilities and food. However, it is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our airport transfer service. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

With regards to the pick up from the airport on you arrival, recently, at the airport, there have been mistakes in showing wrong information of arriving flight details on the monitors at arrival lobbies. Wrong terminals are usually shown on the monitors and those make drivers difficult in picking guests up and it happened sometimes.

Upon departure, you arrived back from Halong Bay trip and just waited for the car to take you to the airport in the restaurant and staff did not acknowledge until being informed by you although the driver had waited for you outside for over 30 minutes. I totally agree with you, it was a shortcoming from our side but if we were noticed sooner, you would not be in the “stressful” situation.

Once again we wish to extend to you our apologies and we truly hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future on your next visit to the city. Meanwhile if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at your utmost convenience time.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at Essence Hotel for one night and really enjoyed it. The room was very clean and spacious- the room I booked had a balcony that overlooked the city which was worth the extra few dollars. The hotel is in a great location in the Old Quarter- walking distance from the lake and most other attractions. I booked a cyclo tour around the city through the hotel, which was very hassle-free and inexpensive- I would definitely recommend that activity. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the restaurant was delicious, and the spa was fantastic as well.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter- highly recommend the Deluxe Balcony Single
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Nicki1992
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am staying in this hotel & loved its location, excellent staffs & their great service. The breakfast here is superb. Nightlife around the hotel makes it a happening place. I will surely like to stay here again very soon. I wish to appreciate hotel staff Ms. Suji & restaurant staff Mr. Alex for their helpful behaviour.

Room Tip: Go for a city view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank JaiHo99
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I spent there ten nights on July 2014. Nothing bad to say. Rooms are very beautiful, comfortable and spacious, shower with good water pressure. Breakfast with separate egg menu is excellent. Above all is the extreamly friendly and professional stuff, they make you feel like a family member. This is like a five star hotel (without some amenities that I didn't need: gym, swimming pool). You are to get the best value for your money here, I'll be back in October and whenever coming back to Hanoi.

Room Tip: If you are early sleeper, you'd better ask a room which is not at the street side. People at nei...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Panu S
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

After a 2 night stay in Essence Hotel Hanoi, I realised that my decision to choose this hotel was spot on. I stayed in their new wing which was completely Eco friendly and absolutely stunning. The rooms have all the necessary features and facilities. Every staff member at Essence were the friendliest and most polite that I'd met in my travels in Vietnam, aways willing to help and assist in any way they could. Their services could not be faulted. The included buffet breakfast was delicious - a perfect start to the day! The complimentary welcome drink, fruit platter and water on arrival was a lovely touch! Right in the heart of the Old Quarter, Essence hotel is ideally located. This hotel is worth every cent and I thoroughly recommend it to all. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Jarrah N
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights while waiting for my Visa application. Practically working the entire day-time at the hotel and go out for lunch and roam around in the evening. You don't have to go far to do shopping, get massages, go to the lake, and enjoy the beer. :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank trebskie
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Where do I start....stayed here for 4 nights and cannot say enough good things about it. From the moment you arrive to the time you leave, the staff go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and nothing is too much for them. For example, I needed a new watch battery and within an hour an employee had returned my watch to me in working order. Need ideas for restaurants, tours, etc., they are more than willing to help. The staff are professional, cheerful, and willing to go above and beyond. The location is also perfect...right in hue heart of the old quarter. The breakfast also has a good selection of food for everyone. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: New wing on a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo