Essence d’Orient Hotel & Spa
US$102
US$62
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$83
US$370
US$281
  • Pool
All reviewsold quarterhalong bayta hien streetwelcome drinkthe hustle and bustlerestaurant staffbia hoibusy streetan upgradejunior suitedefinitely stay here againhotel is locatedstreet foodbreakfast was excellentfantastic hotelamazing servicestar service
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We enjoyed 4 nights at this quality place and experienced 3 different rooms on floors 8, 5 and 2. All rooms faced the main street. The hotel is located in the heart of old town on Bia Hoi Junction (Lonely Planet). Street noise was no issue due to the double glazed windows. The staff is very, very friendly........like all Vietnamese and provide help if needed. The rooms are nice and clean. Luggage can be stored during overnight trips e.g. to Halong bay. They even provided a shower after checking out. Essence Orient Hotel has two lobbies with separate elevators for the Essence and Orient part, thought they are connected by a hallway. Staff informed us that the Essence is a bit more expensive than the Orient. This review is about the Orient. We can highly recommend this gem and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Noise was no issue on any of the three floors. AC was provided in all rooms we experienced. They all had a little balcony. The room on the 8th floor provided superb view over Hanoi.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank DidiBod
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This little gem of a hotel is right in the middle of Hanoi's cheerfully manic Old Town, but manages to be peaceful and relaxing. The staff were without exception charming and attentive: nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room and the bathroom were simple but attractively decorated, spotless and very quiet, despite the noise outside. The complimentary jars of Vietnamese sweets (ginger, coconut) were a bonus. Breakfast was great, with a fine selection of very fresh food, Asian and Western, hot and cold, including delicious home-made yogurt.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gwynforbrockley
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is an excellent and great quality hotel, the location is ideal right in the heart of the Hanoi old quarter, and very accessible for all the main sights etc.
The service of all staff was excellent. We booked our trip to Halong bay prior to our arrival, and everything was arranged smoothly; when we experienced an issue on the trip the hotel were incredibly helpful in resolving this for us.
Rooms were modern with great facilities.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at the rear of hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel gave me a great stay. Friendly staff, great foods and pretty clean room. In particular, the breakfast was excellent. There were various choices of high level delicious Western, Vietnamese and Chinese foods. The house keeping staff worked very efficient and kept my room clean. One thing I didn't like was the noises from outside in midnight and daytime. It seemed there was a big party going outside street or at a restaurant and the noise last until 1 or 2 am. And it also seems there was a construction on the above floor started at 9am. I was writing a letter and bothered a little by the sound. However, these noises were just unfortunate and would not last long so I definitely recommend the hotel to families, couples and solo travellers to enjoy the Old Quarter of Hanoi!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 23 August 2014

New wing of the Essence hotel in Hanoi. Best value ever. The location is great and the staff is doing an amazing job. We booked tours to Sapa and Halong Bay through the hotel, which were great and very well organised. On one of these tours, on our way to the train station, I noticed that I left my passport in my big suitcase which the hotel kept during my short trip. Prior to the departure of the train, the staff of the hotel came rushing in the station with all my suitcases, so I could search my passport and take it with me. The best customer service ever!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple