“An excellent place to stay in Hanoi”

Hanoi Lucky Hotel I
Ranked #465 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I don't think you could get a better hotel location for backpacking in Hanoi. Everything you need - cheap food, beer, tour companies - are all on the door step of this hotel making it really easy to find your way around.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, we had arranged an airport pick-up, which although as we later found out was a little more than the going rate, it was a good option to have. The rooms were big, light and airy and our room had two double beds in it and a bath/shower, all perfectly clean.

This is an excellent budget option though I think if I wasn't on a budget I would still pick this hotel for its great location and nice rooms.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Lucky Hotel I

Reviewed 29 May 2009

Me and my friend stayed at here several times during our time in Vietnam. We used it as a base while travelling around, and it was always great to come back to our friends at lucky hotel!
There was nothing they couldn´t fix for us, they really did everything they could to help us with whatever problem we had. Through them we got good deals on tickets for bus, plane and train.
The rooms are clean and nice, with tv, private bathroom and ac. Great location and good value. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 19 April 2009

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We got ourselves into a bit of a bind - we had trouble getting back to Hanoi from Sapa when we thought we would get there. We were due to arrive back to Hanoi at 1am, but it ended up being 8am instead. We had reserved Hanoi Lucky Hotel I for that night/morning. Well, we decided to swing by and ask them if we could still have the room, but just on a little different schedule.

We were due to fly back home at midnight and we had just come off the overnight train (not in a sleeper car either... this is a separate story that I'll spare you) - so we were exhausted and feeling really grimy. Not a good way to fly home. We asked the nice folks at Hanoi Lucky if we could stay from 8am until 4pm - so we could catch naps, have a shower, and have a home base for the day. They accommodated our request and also let us keep our bags there after check out. This hotel worked out perfectly for us.

The rooms are perfectly fine for the price - don't expect spacious rooms or luxury for what you're paying. It's a great budget option. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pisco08
Reviewed 5 April 2009

My mother and I stayed in Hanoi Lucky Hotel for 3 days . The first time I think It is a small hotel. But when I see rooms , I surprise ! The room is very big , clean and very comfortable . It has AC, TV, private computer with internet Oh It was great ! I had work to use internet . The staffs are very friendly and efficient. It had the best services..... when we arrived , a staff help me ".He carry two luggages (about 30 kg) up stair go to the room " The hotel located in the heart of Hanoi that is near St.Josept Church and 5 minutes to Hoan Kiam Lake, Water Pupprt theater . I love this hotel because It is the quiet part of the city. women staffs is very pretty , man staffs is very friendly and helpful. I like shopping to the night market It is near hotel. I contact manager of hotel by E mail for pick up me from the airport . I highly recommend . Rooms were OK in standards hotel. I feel I had safety and I think..I stay my home . Certain when I go to hanoi next time , I choose STAY THIS HOTEL . My holiday is enjoy . I feel impress everything in this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanuty
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Terrific little hotel in a really great location. Fantastic and extremely courteous, helpful staff who went out of there way to arrange tours and ongoing travel. Very clean and tidy rooms. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they treated us like family and even helped us to get on the right train and the right carriage at the railway station on our last night in Hanoi. We were very sad to leave this hotel and it will be a great memory for us and our kids.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family